RUMOUR - Gomes wanted

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - Gomes wanted

by Denver Royal » 24 Jun 2019 16:16

windermereROYAL Actually in the betting for the Newcastle job, 20/1. no real surprise it`s skybet.

Ha, may be our most sell-able asset, and value holding firm?

As Sir Dodger Royal might say...'Gomes out, and I mean ouutttt !!!'

:wink:

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 25 Jun 2019 10:47

Denver Royal
windermereROYAL Actually in the betting for the Newcastle job, 20/1. no real surprise it`s skybet.

Is that Twat still around? :roll:

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 25 Jun 2019 12:17

Oilroyal
Lower West
Oilroyal Edit: add in how well he worked all of the loanees and U23’s into a failing team and like I say, he’s the complete package.

That was good fortune. Let's see how he does at the beginning of next season. Particularly if the next crop of loanees (i.e. Steve Clarke era) don't work out so well.

I know it’s in our nature as Reading fans to be pessimistic and not credit others for their good work but I do think we should give credit where credit is due. But if you perfer to put it all down to good luck who am I to convince you otherwise. We'll have to wait and see, that's if he sticks around until August.

Good fortune you say? Absolute rubbish. Have you read or listened to any of the player interviews with Liam Moore, Barrett and Baker?

Gomes came in with absolute no support, a team in a mess, a team with no identity and a team destined for relegation.

He gave our team identity, he's brought the connection back between the fans and the players, the training seems to be more enjoyable according to the players, he has managed the personalities better than Clement, he's got the best out of our loanees and we actually lookes a lot better as a team. I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs were chasing him.

Next season will be much harder as we all know with our loanees returned and a reliance on youth. If we aren't able to secure 3 or 4 signings as well as ship out a few over the summer, then he will have to perform a miracle keeping us up in this league.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Jun 2019 17:07

25/1 they say.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jun 2019 17:33

Ranty McRantface
Oilroyal
Lower West
That was good fortune. Let's see how he does at the beginning of next season. Particularly if the next crop of loanees (i.e. Steve Clarke era) don't work out so well.

I know it’s in our nature as Reading fans to be pessimistic and not credit others for their good work but I do think we should give credit where credit is due. But if you perfer to put it all down to good luck who am I to convince you otherwise. We'll have to wait and see, that's if he sticks around until August.

Good fortune you say? Absolute rubbish. Have you read or listened to any of the player interviews with Liam Moore, Barrett and Baker?

Gomes came in with absolute no support, a team in a mess, a team with no identity and a team destined for relegation.

He gave our team identity, he's brought the connection back between the fans and the players, the training seems to be more enjoyable according to the players, he has managed the personalities better than Clement, he's got the best out of our loanees and we actually lookes a lot better as a team. I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs were chasing him.

Next season will be much harder as we all know with our loanees returned and a reliance on youth. If we aren't able to secure 3 or 4 signings as well as ship out a few over the summer, then he will have to perform a miracle keeping us up in this league.

No support is highly questionable. He got 5 excellent loanees to improve us drastically.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 25 Jun 2019 17:36

Ranty McRantface
Oilroyal
Lower West That was good fortune. Let's see how he does at the beginning of next season. Particularly if the next crop of loanees (i.e. Steve Clarke era) don't work out so well.

If we're fooked and need a miracle going in, worry not. Calm, measured, reasoned and objective analysis will ensue :wink:.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Jun 2019 19:58

Tilehurstsouthbank
Denver Royal

In fairness he said it how it was....I like a bit of straight talking

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Jul 2019 10:45

Mid Sussex Royal
Tilehurstsouthbank
Denver Royal Ha, may be our most sell-able asset, and value holding firm?

In fairness he said it how it was....I like a bit of straight talking

So how does Gary Alexander fit into that narrative?