Celtic Eye Moore

123 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Celtic Eye Moore

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jun 2019 17:54

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth Obviously I dont want him gone but Celtic would be a decent move for him. With Boyata leaving theres a spot up for grabs too.

Would it? Don’t get me wrong Celtic is a massive club and you’re guaranteed a couple of European games but that’s about where the positives end. Vast majority of opposition is lower league standard and at some proper miserable arse pits too. Don’t see why he’d either up route or leave his family for those conditions and let’s face it, Celtic couldn’t offer him that great a wage either. Would make little sense.

Winners medal and European games can't be written off too easily.

Plus winning the League with Celtic will boost his chances of a PL move for a proper step up more than finishing 14th with Reading.

Any other Scottish team and it's a bit of a no brainer, but Celtic we can't really compete with.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jun 2019 18:20

For any player at a club like ours, Celtic would be an incredible opportunity. To swap playing in front of 15k week in, week out to 58k is a draw. He will win trophies & Celtic are one of football's great clubs. Many players would love to experience an Old Firm game too.

Add to that, European football pretty much guaranteed til Xmas each year with the chance to play at some of the biggest stadiums in Europe (even in the Europa League) and it will be a big decision to say no - if the club accept an offer.

The only thing that may sway him against is if he doesn't want to uproot his family.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jun 2019 21:07

NewCorkSeth
Wallsy
NewCorkSeth I'd hold out for a call from Rafa or Sean if I was looking for a realistic premier league move.

Perfect fit for a Sheffield Utd, Norwich, Palace.

We can safely say Sheffield Utd will not be spending 8m+ on one player.

Can we? Have I missed something?

I’d be surprised if they don’t sign a player for more than that this summer.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2019 21:10

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth
Wallsy
Perfect fit for a Sheffield Utd, Norwich, Palace.

We can safely say Sheffield Utd will not be spending 8m+ on one player.

Can we? Have I missed something?

I’d be surprised if they don’t sign a player for more than that this summer.

Just what I gleaned from Twitter. Their fans seem to have bought into the ethos of not spending to get results. I imagine they'll have a tight budget and Fulham will be firmly in the minds of the both Sheffield and Norwich.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jun 2019 21:12

8m ain’t a lot nowadays

I expect they’ll buy a few around the 10m mark

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2019 21:32

Hound 8m ain’t a lot nowadays

Meh. I wont be upset if I'm wrong. Fancy a wager?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jun 2019 21:35

Umm maybe

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jun 2019 21:40

Would you not have said the same thing about Cardiff last year? They ended up spending quite a bit

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jun 2019 22:14

NewCorkSeth

£50.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Jun 2019 22:48

I think from a footballing perspective, Celtic have a hell of a lot more to offer than us; European football, decent chance of silverware, playing in front of 50,000+ every other week, a level if exposure a world away from 90 seconds around 9:30 every Saturday night on Quest etc, etc.

However, that is counterbalanced by the unreal amount of scrutiny Auld Firm players are subjected to and whether that is a price worth paying on a personal and private level. Also, whilst I reckon Celtic could match our wages, I'm not sure they could match our valuation.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 10 Jun 2019 23:30

Stranded For any player at a club like ours, Celtic would be an incredible opportunity. To swap playing in front of 15k week in, week out to 58k is a draw. He will win trophies & Celtic are one of football's great clubs. Many players would love to experience an Old Firm game too.

Add to that, European football pretty much guaranteed til Xmas each year with the chance to play at some of the biggest stadiums in Europe (even in the Europa League) and it will be a big decision to say no - if the club accept an offer.

The only thing that may sway him against is if he doesn't want to uproot his family.

Heh, it’s norfa Watford init ? :wink:

But seriously, has any PL interest for him been rumoured so far in this window? Early doors yet, but if that doesn’t materialize...and hypothetically if it were a straight up choice between us and Celtic for him....then I’d think he’d be tempted.

After all, given our finances (which he’d have heard about), our prospects (which we’ve been discussing) don’t sound too enticing. There’s no money, FFP is a worry, how do we stay up again, hopefully the manager stays, just try to get thru this season, hopefully things get better after that, etc.

Right now, as it is, he might be wondering when we’ll finish Top 6 again. Sit tight here for 3 years, or maybe go to Celtic for 3 seasons...

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Jun 2019 10:55

Sell Moore. Let's cash in. He is overrated and I don't buy into his fist-pumping, badge-kissing antics in front of Club1871: it's all a facade.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Jun 2019 11:34

The key to our survival last season was the core three of Martines, Moore and Miazga. If we start in August with none of them i'm really not hopeful for our chances..

If the club needs the £8m then it's going to have to take it. But unless a miracle occurs and we bring in two experienced CBs for no money we could be in trouble.

I do like both Osho and McIntyre, but if they spend an entire season getting smashed it will destroy their confidence.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jun 2019 11:55

From Despair To Where? I think from a footballing perspective, Celtic have a hell of a lot more to offer than us; European football, decent chance of silverware, playing in front of 50,000+ every other week, a level if exposure a world away from 90 seconds around 9:30 every Saturday night on Quest etc, etc.

However, that is counterbalanced by the unreal amount of scrutiny Auld Firm players are subjected to and whether that is a price worth paying on a personal and private level. Also, whilst I reckon Celtic could match our wages, I'm not sure they could match our valuation.

Surely the silverware you can win at Celtic is pretty much meaningless, how much satisfaction can there be in always coming first in a series of one horse races ?
There are some good reasons for wanting to play for Celtic but the medals must seem somewhat cheapened when they effectively hand them out before the season has even started.
For the history, the atmosphere, the brief run in Europe it would be fun to have a season at Celtic but you'd think most English pros with ambition would see it as a bit of a gap year.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Jun 2019 12:49

Nameless
From Despair To Where? I think from a footballing perspective, Celtic have a hell of a lot more to offer than us; European football, decent chance of silverware, playing in front of 50,000+ every other week, a level if exposure a world away from 90 seconds around 9:30 every Saturday night on Quest etc, etc.

Surely the silverware you can win at Celtic is pretty much meaningless, how much satisfaction can there be in always coming first in a series of one horse races ?
There are some good reasons for wanting to play for Celtic but the medals must seem somewhat cheapened when they effectively hand them out before the season has even started.
For the history, the atmosphere, the brief run in Europe it would be fun to have a season at Celtic but you'd think most English pros with ambition would see it as a bit of a gap year.

It's not as "meaningless" as no silverware.

Anyway. Rangers might start challenging again soon...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jun 2019 13:15

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth

£50.

They'll definitely buy someone for more than £50 doofus.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jun 2019 13:18

Nameless

Look at how much a winners medal meant to Roberts and Griffin. And that was the Championship with both having top flight history.

A winners medal is a huge deal.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Jun 2019 13:20

Nameless

I wouldn't agree with that at all. Certainly think it would add more to a career than slogging around at the arse end of the Championship or Premier League wondering what might have been if only....

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Jun 2019 13:20

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth Meh. I wont be upset if I'm wrong. Fancy a wager?

£50.

They'll definitely buy someone for more than £50 doofus.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We could only dream of such lavish spending.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Jun 2019 13:21

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

Look at how much a winners medal meant to Roberts and Griffin. And that was the Championship with both having top flight history.

A winners medal is a huge deal.

Add Ian Harte to that list, a bigger name than either Roberts or Griffin.

123 posts