Celtic Eye Moore

123 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Celtic Eye Moore

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jun 2019 07:11

Denver Royal
URZZZZ File this one as unlikely. With Moore, the transfer fee would have to be his "true value" + an extra to fee for compensate for the lack of depth in CB (experienced anyway). Would take a large fee thus, don't see that much in Scottish footie

Well, for him he’d play CL footy.
But anyway, how much do you think we’d really miss Moore if he left? We’d need to get a decent Champ CB in. But that’s really all I think he is, decent. I’m not sure he’s a real difference maker. I may be alone in that, but that’s what I’ve mostly seen. I feel CB’s for the Champ can be had, and I prefer mine taller. Again, we have no money, and reckon I’d be looking his way, if indeed he’s wanted.

We'd miss him because we're so short at CB. We need another CB, selling him means we need two and have to start the season with an entirely new central defence.

It's good to have height at the back, but some of our best haven't been super tall... Ivar for example.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2019 08:26

Obviously I dont want him gone but Celtic would be a decent move for him. With Boyata leaving theres a spot up for grabs too.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2019 08:26

Pepe the Horseman
Wallsy Says Courtney Friday. I can’t see that one coming off. Celtic would need to part with several million and I can’t see us wanting anything other than that money up front considering how tight things are at present.

Courtney Friday says dogs can't look up.

What's that from again?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 10 Jun 2019 09:57

NewCorkSeth
Pepe the Horseman
Wallsy Says Courtney Friday. I can’t see that one coming off. Celtic would need to part with several million and I can’t see us wanting anything other than that money up front considering how tight things are at present.

Courtney Friday says dogs can't look up.

What's that from again?

Either from Spaced or Shaun of the Dead.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jun 2019 11:06

NewCorkSeth Obviously I dont want him gone but Celtic would be a decent move for him. With Boyata leaving theres a spot up for grabs too.

Would it? Don’t get me wrong Celtic is a massive club and you’re guaranteed a couple of European games but that’s about where the positives end. Vast majority of opposition is lower league standard and at some proper miserable arse pits too. Don’t see why he’d either up route or leave his family for those conditions and let’s face it, Celtic couldn’t offer him that great a wage either. Would make little sense.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2019 12:24

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth Obviously I dont want him gone but Celtic would be a decent move for him. With Boyata leaving theres a spot up for grabs too.

Would it? Don’t get me wrong Celtic is a massive club and you’re guaranteed a couple of European games but that’s about where the positives end. Vast majority of opposition is lower league standard and at some proper miserable arse pits too. Don’t see why he’d either up route or leave his family for those conditions and let’s face it, Celtic couldn’t offer him that great a wage either. Would make little sense.

Decent wage, increased exposure, European nights, guaranteed trophies, good support, nice stadium, attractive city (with unattractive people). Is it the best club in the UK? No. Is it the best option outside the premier league? Absolutely.

Hell of a lot more exciting than Brighton. It's easy to shit on the SPL but Celtic are an historic and excellent club rich in history. They probably rank just below the top 6 and Newcastle in terms of club profile in the UK.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jun 2019 14:13

NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

Decent wage, increased exposure, European nights, guaranteed trophies, good support, nice stadium, attractive city (with unattractive people). Is it the best club in the UK? No. Is it the best option outside the premier league? Absolutely.

Hell of a lot more exciting than Brighton. It's easy to shit on the SPL but Celtic are an historic and excellent club rich in history. They probably rank just below the top 6 and Newcastle in terms of club profile in the UK.

Disagree. Moore is ambitious and Celtic barely fit that. Win the league, get knocked out group stages, repeat...And is why Rodgers jumped ship from Celtic to Leicester (not too dissimilar sizes between Leicester and Brighton)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jun 2019 14:17

NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

I feel like nothing you’ve said has really given reason to go more than I have already detailed.

How many players have gone from the championship to the SPL and then onto better things? Dembélé in recent years is at the top of my head but I can’t think of anyone else.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jun 2019 14:21

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

Disagree. Moore is ambitious and Celtic barely fit that. Win the league, get knocked out group stages, repeat...And is why Rodgers jumped ship from Celtic to Leicester (not too dissimilar sizes between Leicester and Brighton)

Yeah, this.

No one is questioning the size of Celtic as a club and the quality of their support, but a few European defeats every season and the monotony of playing league two teams does not adequately justify that. Also I spend a lot of time in Glasgow and whilst it’s good fun and there are some nice areas, using it as a positive to go to Celtic is a bit dubious.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 10 Jun 2019 14:31

Depends what you want from your career, surely the aim is to win things? no? whether it be in some shit league or not. When you retire and have all these winners medals to show your grandkids it's not to be sniffed at. But of course, go and join Brighton and compete for 17th. I'm sure the grandkids will be interested in hearing the stories.

Winning medals > Surviving a relegation battle.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jun 2019 14:50

WoodleyRoyal Depends what you want from your career, surely the aim is to win things? no? whether it be in some shit league or not. When you retire and have all these winners medals to show your grandkids it's not to be sniffed at. But of course, go and join Brighton and compete for 17th. I'm sure the grandkids will be interested in hearing the stories.

Winning medals > Surviving a relegation battle.

It depends but from a sporting and athletic point of view generally the aim is to reach the highest level possible and to test yourself against the best. Alternatively you might want to choose what’s best financially.

Either way, it’s not in fcuking Scotland. I don’t even know why this is a debate.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2019 14:54

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

Reckon the gulf between Leicester and Brighton is a good 15-20 clubs.

Not that any of us are right or wrong here. If I was a 25 year old CB with little to no chance of playing for England I would jump at the chance to play for Celtic.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2019 14:56

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

I feel like nothing you’ve said has really given reason to go more than I have already detailed.

How many players have gone from the championship to the SPL and then onto better things? Dembélé in recent years is at the top of my head but I can’t think of anyone else.

Just reasons I would personally consider if I was in his shoes.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 10 Jun 2019 15:03

we'd be fools to think any of our players wouldn't seriously consider a move to a club of the stature of Celtic.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Jun 2019 15:15

CountryRoyal How many players have gone from the championship to the SPL and then onto better things? Dembélé in recent years is at the top of my head but I can’t think of anyone else.

Well, a certain Virgil Van Dijk did alright for himself moving to the SPL, from a pretty average league.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 10 Jun 2019 15:34

genome
CountryRoyal How many players have gone from the championship to the SPL and then onto better things? Dembélé in recent years is at the top of my head but I can’t think of anyone else.

Well, a certain Virgil Van Dijk did alright for himself moving to the SPL, from a pretty average league.

Moussa Dembele, Stuart Armstrong, Victor Wanyama, Virgil Van Dyke, Stylian Petrol, Stefan Johansen, Fraser Forster, Gary Hooper, Joe Ledley, Sung-Yong Ki, Shaun Maloney, Artur Boruc, Marc-Antoine Fortune, Danny Fox all in the last 10 years that havegone one to play in the Premier League or league of similar status.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jun 2019 15:35

genome

Shame I specified championship.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Jun 2019 15:39

CountryRoyal
genome

Shame I specified championship.

I think most Championship players could do a job in the Eredivisie. Similar standard, save for 2 or 3 teams.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jun 2019 15:43

Maneki Neko we'd be fools to think any of our players wouldn't seriously consider a move to a club of the stature of Celtic.

Agreed with this.

Their players certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to join us.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Jun 2019 15:45

To be honest, if we are seriously thinking that one of our players wouldn't swap bottom half Championship football and year-on-year relegation fights for European football and consistent silverware, then we are pretty deluded as a fanbase.

123 posts