Oliveira traing with Reading

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

Oliveira traing with Reading

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 21 Jun 2019 16:00

Maybe not the most reliable source of info (Courtney Friday via a Lord CKS Tweet) but apparently Nelson is training with our fitness coach. Question is, will we be able to sign him?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Oliveira traing with Reading

by genome » 21 Jun 2019 16:09

So Lord CKS is now more in the know than our own local journalists. Give me strength

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 21 Jun 2019 16:23

genome So Lord CKS is now more in the know than our own local journalists. Give me strength

Shhhh! You'll get OMA creaming his pants!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 21 Jun 2019 17:14

he left in a drove

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Jun 2019 17:30

Tilehurstsouthbank Maybe not the most reliable source of info (Courtney Friday via a Lord CKS Tweet) but apparently Nelson is training with our fitness coach. Question is, will we be able to sign him?

No, not unless he agrees to a paycut and Reading can afford what Norwich want.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 22 Jun 2019 01:45

Portuguese article on Twitter this morning suggesting he is available on a free as Norwich want his bow £30k a week wages off their books.

Suggestions he could go to China.

Surely though if he does have this good relationship with Jose, and he’s still here training long after his loan expired, that from July 1st when the FFP resets for the coming season, we could make him an offer? Especially if a couple do depart this month as per our reported promise to the EFL that some would go before month end.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jun 2019 07:24

Wallsy Portuguese article on Twitter this morning suggesting he is available on a free as Norwich want his bow £30k a week wages off their books.

Surely though if he does have this good relationship with Jose, and he’s still here training long after his loan expired, that from July 1st when the FFP resets for the coming season, we could make him an offer? Especially if a couple do depart this month as per our reported promise to the EFL that some would go before month end.

We have to cut something like £5m to £10m off our spending. Until someone expensive goes I don't see how we could afford a big signing on fee and wages of about £20k a week.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jun 2019 08:46

Snowflake Royal
Wallsy Portuguese article on Twitter this morning suggesting he is available on a free as Norwich want his bow £30k a week wages off their books.

We have to cut something like £5m to £10m off our spending. Until someone expensive goes I don't see how we could afford a big signing on fee and wages of about £20k a week.

We could try breaking FFP rules like so many other clubs seemingly get away with?

Said in jest obviously

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jun 2019 09:20

Tbh, would only cost us 2m for this year or so, and you’d expect to pay that in transfer alone for any kind of forward

2 year contract and it isn’t a massive commitment

If it’s true, I’m sure we’re looking into it. Obvs depending on getting rid of players first

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Jun 2019 13:52

Wallsy Suggestions he could go to China.

Renhe?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jun 2019 14:33

maffff

Renhe?

And a cheeky loan to us with them paying all his wages would be nice :P

Fairly certain that’s what Watford/Udinese got in trouble (?) with a while back.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jun 2019 18:14

CountryRoyal
maffff

Renhe?

And a cheeky loan to us with them paying all his wages would be nice :P

Fairly certain that’s what Watford/Udinese got in trouble (?) with a while back.

Was that not because it was 8 or so players?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jun 2019 19:09

genome So Lord CKS is now more in the know than our own local journalists. Give me strength

Not hard to be. The Reading fitness coach posted video of Oliveria training to his Instagram page.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Jun 2019 22:28

Liam Moore stoking further speculation on this one

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jun 2019 22:59

maffff Liam Moore stoking further speculation on this one

Yep seen his comments. I do think we may end up signing him. Now I know certain players I about to list can play elsewhere but if he did join that would mean Oliveira, Meite, Bodvarsson, McNulty, Novakovich, Loader and Baldock as potential forwards. That’s way too many, Two would have to go.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 23 Jun 2019 08:44

Training with us and not his parent club, and then they release him from his contract. This looks very good for us, as he seems to want to stay and we clearly want him to stay. Some saying his £30k a week wages are a problem; well yes they would be, but his wages have only just increased due to promotion. We can manage £20k a week, but again we may need to shift a Meite or a Loader beforehand.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jun 2019 08:44

Zip

Yep seen his comments. I do think we may end up signing him. Now I know certain players I about to list can play elsewhere but if he did join that would mean Oliveira, Meite, Bodvarsson, McNulty, Novakovich, Loader and Baldock as potential forwards. That’s way too many, Two would have to go.

Meite is primarily played as a winger and I would’ve though McNulty isn’t in Jose’s plans, so there is your two.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 23 Jun 2019 09:03

Ward's gone (small fry but probably still a good £4-5000 a week (£240,000 a year) off the books).

McNulty will go, we're just haggling for the best deal possible, and I'd expect we'll want it up front as it wont be a huge feel. I can see £600,000 doing it. I don't see us recouping our £1m fee for him, not from a bang average SPL club.

You'd have to expect one or two more strikers also following McNulty out of the door. Baldock wasn't in favour and will be a big wage, there's reported interest in Loader, and then there's Bodvarsson who wont want to be a bench warmer.

Same goes for Gunter, He wont want a season on the bench covering LB and RB.

McCleary also needs to move on. There's definitely room for some positive exits.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jun 2019 09:16

But until the club are in a position to offer something the player has to think about other opportunities on the table so, even if Reading are interested, he can’t hold on forever for a deal that suits both even if he is willing to take a good cut in wages. Only takes a half decent club in Europe to turn up with an offer Reading can’t match and that’s another option gone.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jun 2019 09:46

Hendo
Zip

Meite is primarily played as a winger and I would’ve though McNulty isn’t in Jose’s plans, so there is your two.

One being primarily a winger isn't gone though. We're over stocked and need to also cut wages. McNulty is not going to be on big wages, certainly nowhere near what Oliveira would be on.

It's looking like Nelson is a done deal dependent on others going. But the likes of McNulty and, for example, Baldock, going is far from a done deal. So the question is how well are we doing shifting them and how patient will Nelson be.