Jose “3-4 Signings This Week”

150 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Jose “3-4 Signings This Week”

by Hound » 12 Jul 2019 13:21

Snowflake Royal
Hound
gazzer, loyal royal the problem we have with Baker and Miazga is that they are both on roughly 25k a week at Chelsea which Chelsea want paying in full to go out on loan.

We will definitely need to shift the others left behind by Gomes before we can consider Baker and/or Miazga.

yep, sure thats why it hasn't already happened.

Would another club in the champ pay that for Baker? Considering how he flopped at Boro and Leeds? I have a feeling coming beginning of August they might take the best offer, which by that time we'll be in a position to make hopefully

Mind you, I'm pretty sure the same is going to happen with our outcasts. Clubs will wait to the last minute to see what we'll accept for them.

I think last minutism about our dross is more likely to be other clubs seeing if they can get better, rather than us holding out for more... we just want shot. I reckon we'd take free and pay the wage difference on some.

bit of both, and undoubtedly will pay the wage difference on Meyler and Popa.

Gunter and McNulty should still be fairly attractive purchases, McCleary sounds like there is some interest in him, and reckon Baldock will end up staying and playing

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jul 2019 13:22

Nameless
Hound
Nameless If we are under a ‘soft embargo’ which allows a one in/one out transfer policy Incan’t quite see how we are adhering to that.
Kelly has gone, Sidoel has gone although he was never a first team squad member, likewise Ward. Presumably the players we didn’t retain at the end of last season don’t count nor do players already out on loan.
So how do we bring 3 players in despite not having moved 3 out ?

we've moved 4 out - Kelly, Dadi, Sidoel and Ward.

ONLy if the Bodvarsson Deal has been confirmed. And whether you can get round the embargo by releasing low earning non first teamers in order to bring in high earners must be questionable....

yeah its just been confirmed. 2 reserve players might nearly equal a cheap first team player

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 Jul 2019 13:27

Nameless
Stranded
Nameless
Pointless ‘embargo’ really then. Soft hardly does it justice really !

Well no, it was in place as our forecast for the 2018/19 season showed we were at risk of breaching FFP - putting that in place to stop us spending in that period meant that we were unlikely to have a larger loss to contend with when 18/19's figures are real and not calculated as part of next year's assessment.

But given we already knew that, had been pretty open about it and taken lots of steps to manage the situation the embargo was pointless. The supposed embargo didn’t stop us doing anything we hadn’t already decided to do for ourselves.

that's why its called soft. it was something that we were fully on board for, and in many ways initiated, to avoid any FFP comeback

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Jul 2019 13:55

Maneki Neko
Nameless
Stranded
Well no, it was in place as our forecast for the 2018/19 season showed we were at risk of breaching FFP - putting that in place to stop us spending in that period meant that we were unlikely to have a larger loss to contend with when 18/19's figures are real and not calculated as part of next year's assessment.

But given we already knew that, had been pretty open about it and taken lots of steps to manage the situation the embargo was pointless. The supposed embargo didn’t stop us doing anything we hadn’t already decided to do for ourselves.

that's why its called soft. it was something that we were fully on board for, and in many ways initiated, to avoid any FFP comeback

Exactly this. It wasn't a real embargo in any true sense of the word but an agreement between us and the EFL to take measures to help us out for the next FFP cycle. If we had sold Bod on June 25th we could have signed someone in June. We are likely still operating on a one in, one out basis ourselves because a) it is prudent and b) it's taken longer to shift the unwanted players than was hoped.

Danny Nedelko

by Danny Nedelko » 13 Jul 2019 08:20

Wallsy
Louis Stagg Are you guessing Oliviera is a done deal mate or do you know?

...Just needs rubber stamping ...

Might want to choose a different set of words for Nelson

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 14 Jul 2019 19:58

Just seen in Oliviera in Wokingham....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Jul 2019 20:01

And Miazga's in Reading. Can someone check Bracknell for Lewis Baker?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Jul 2019 21:40

Pepe the Horseman And Miazga's in Reading. Can someone check Bracknell for Lewis Baker?

I went all over Bracknell and it was a complete waste of time. All I found were Jordon Mutch and Chris Martin.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jul 2019 22:17

SCIAG
Pepe the Horseman And Miazga's in Reading. Can someone check Bracknell for Lewis Baker?

I went all over Bracknell and it was a complete waste of time. All I found were Jordon Mutch and Chris Martin.

Oh God. How do we get rid of them?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jul 2019 07:03

SCIAG

Ouch. As if you needed another reason not to go to Bracknell

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 Jul 2019 09:31

Stranded
Maneki Neko
Nameless

Exactly this. It wasn't a real embargo in any true sense of the word but an agreement between us and the EFL to take measures to help us out for the next FFP cycle. If we had sold Bod on June 25th we could have signed someone in June. We are likely still operating on a one in, one out basis ourselves because a) it is prudent and b) it's taken longer to shift the unwanted players than was hoped.

I see us accepting a soft embargo as steps to prove to EFL we are taking it serious and might in future give us a bit of leeway. It was fairly pointless as said above because we had open with our dire situation. SO its more than likely just a gesture to the EFL.
I would rather the EFL step in early to allow teams to do something about it, or curb clubs spending than see them go into administration.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Jul 2019 11:09

So "this week" has come and gone-let's hope that this week produces a better outcome in terms of signings that Gomes clearly wants.

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 15 Jul 2019 11:46

So when we said Oliveira was "100% a done deal"

LOL

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Jul 2019 12:56

Royal Bison So when we said Oliveira was "100% a done deal"

LOL

I assume that I should just ignore anyone claiming to be ITK on here, as most of it stems from media speculation.

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 15 Jul 2019 13:02

blythspartan
Royal Bison So when we said Oliveira was "100% a done deal"

LOL

I assume that I should just ignore anyone claiming to be ITK on here, as most of it stems from media speculation.

To be fair, I can see that people quoted it was done "subject to the finances", but interesting that JLow has been saying for a while now that Oliveira is definitely not coming back, contra to many posts on here.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Jul 2019 13:13

I for one am glad he's not coming back

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Jul 2019 13:25

Snowball I for one am glad he's not coming back

Yeah brilliant news.

We've lost one of our strikers to a potential relegation rival and now the guy we wanted to replace him with looks to be going somewhere else, leaving us to scramble for a replacement who likely won't be as good as Oliveira or Bod.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Jul 2019 13:34

sandman

Yeah brilliant news.

We've lost one of our strikers to a potential relegation rival and now the guy we wanted to replace him with looks to be going somewhere else, leaving us to scramble for a replacement who likely won't be as good as Oliveira or Bod.

I think N-O is a bad apple. We have Baldock, Meite, Nokavich, Loader, and there are other forwards out there.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jul 2019 13:35

I’m not too unhappy with Nova, Loader, Baldock, Meite, Olise and Barrow really. I think there is enough there to be competitive

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jul 2019 13:44

Snowball
sandman

Yeah brilliant news.

I think N-O is a bad apple. We have Baldock, Meite, Nokavich, Loader, and there are other forwards out there.

Such a bad apple he did everything he possibly could to recover from a hamstring injury in record time, to get back playing in a relegation battle for a club he was only on loan at, when he should've been out for the season.

150 posts