Blackett to Turkey.

162 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Blackett to Turkey.

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Feb 2020 09:14

Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871
andrew1957 After being what you might say being charitable has been erratic in terms of performances over the last couple of seasons there is no doubt that Blackett has been very good lately. Some players (such as Robson-Kanu who in particular stands out) seem to be able to turn the magic on just when their contracts are due to run out. One cannot help wondering if Blackett is another of these - in which case we will be well rid come summer.

Or is just actually having a decent run in a settled side and fairly solid defence helping?

Think anyone suggesting we cash in on Blackett is clueless - we won't get much for him considering his contract length and he's been one of the first names on the team sheet the last few months. Got to be up there for assists this season?

He has actually been one of our top 3 performers this season. He should remain first choice left back for the remainder.

Top 3? I would personally put Swift, Rafael, Morrison, Pele and Ejaria ahead of him as things stand.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Feb 2020 10:05

Jagermesiter1871
andrew1957 After being what you might say being charitable has been erratic in terms of performances over the last couple of seasons there is no doubt that Blackett has been very good lately. Some players (such as Robson-Kanu who in particular stands out) seem to be able to turn the magic on just when their contracts are due to run out. One cannot help wondering if Blackett is another of these - in which case we will be well rid come summer.

Think anyone suggesting we cash in on Blackett is clueless - we won't get much for him considering his contract length and he's been one of the first names on the team sheet the last few months. Got to be up there for assists this season?

Don't think you will find there is any "cashing in" to do bearing in mind he is out of contract in the summer and has already (if the press are to be believed) signed pre-contract terms with a Turkish side. He is free to move wherever he likes in the summer and good luck to him. Hopefully we can keep Obita (who was player of the season at left back a couple of seasons ago) and we have Richards and so we are relatively well covered at left back.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2020 11:00

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871
Or is just actually having a decent run in a settled side and fairly solid defence helping?

He has actually been one of our top 3 performers this season. He should remain first choice left back for the remainder.

Top 3? I would personally put Swift, Rafael, Morrison, Pele and Ejaria ahead of him as things stand.

I hear the arguments for Pele and Ejaria, they would be in the top 3 also. Rafael is a funny one as in barring the Fulham away game he hasn't really done a lot other than not be completely crap so he hasn't done enough for me to be considered a top performer.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Feb 2020 11:03

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews He has actually been one of our top 3 performers this season. He should remain first choice left back for the remainder.

I hear the arguments for Pele and Ejaria, they would be in the top 3 also. Rafael is a funny one as in barring the Fulham away game he hasn't really done a lot other than not be completely crap so he hasn't done enough for me to be considered a top performer.

For me Blackett is certainly in the top 5 this year.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Feb 2020 11:28

Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Top 3? I would personally put Swift, Rafael, Morrison, Pele and Ejaria ahead of him as things stand.

Not sure about that, he’s made 10 starts all season. Pele definitely is most improved but he didn’t really start playing well until the end of November. Ejaria wouldn’t be in the top 3 either, hasn’t done enough

Would have Swift first by quite some distance, and then the next two most consistent performers have been Rafael and Morrison

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Feb 2020 12:15

URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews I hear the arguments for Pele and Ejaria, they would be in the top 3 also. Rafael is a funny one as in barring the Fulham away game he hasn't really done a lot other than not be completely crap so he hasn't done enough for me to be considered a top performer.

Not sure about that, he’s made 10 starts all season. Pele definitely is most improved but he didn’t really start playing well until the end of November. Ejaria wouldn’t be in the top 3 either, hasn’t done enough

Would have Swift first by quite some distance, and then the next two most consistent performers have been Rafael and Morrison

Swift, Morrison, Pele, Ejaria, Rafael then Blackett for me.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Feb 2020 12:23

Swift, Rafael, ejaria Pele, Blackett, morrison for me. Do admit I may be being harsh on morrison but just have a fair few calamities from him fresh in my mind.

Point still stands that blackett has been one of our top performers this year.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Feb 2020 18:11

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
Jagermesiter1871

I might go as far as Moore, Joao, Yiadom and Meite at the same level as well.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Feb 2020 18:13

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews He has actually been one of our top 3 performers this season. He should remain first choice left back for the remainder.

They are for sure the next tier. Was contemplating putting Yiadom in but I was worried my bias was what was placing him there.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Feb 2020 18:16

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Top 3? I would personally put Swift, Rafael, Morrison, Pele and Ejaria ahead of him as things stand.

They are for sure the next tier. Was contemplating putting Yiadom in but I was worried my bias was what was placing him there.

Yeah. He's also 17th on the appearance list... he hasn't played in even half our games.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 05 Feb 2020 15:30

Blackett has only been our third best left back this season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Feb 2020 17:02

SCIAG Blackett has only been our third best left back this season.

Best crosser of the ball we have. Gets it pinpoint time and time again

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Feb 2020 17:06

URZZZZ

Would say Obita is up there as well, tbh.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Feb 2020 17:11

Hendo
URZZZZ

If we combine Yiadom's athleticism, Blackett/Obita's crossing, Richards dribbling and Gunter's reading of the play, we'll have one excellent FB!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Feb 2020 17:12

URZZZZ
Hendo
URZZZZ

If we combine Yiadom's athleticism, Blackett/Obita's crossing, Richards dribbling and Gunter's reading of the play, we'll have one excellent FB!

And he certainly wouldn't be playing for us!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Feb 2020 18:13

Sorry how many assists has he had and this season? And how many goals have we conceded whilst he's been playing? Sit down.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Feb 2020 21:34

Jagermesiter1871

Sorry how many assists has he had and this season? And how many goals have we conceded whilst he's been playing? Sit down.

The other two are academy products so don't expect SCIAG to praise Blackett.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Feb 2020 19:39

sandman
Jagermesiter1871

The other two are academy products so don't expect SCIAG to praise Blackett.

I praise players who aren't from our academy all the time. John Swift, Matt Miazga, Lewis Baker, Ryan Bertrand, Lucas Piazon.

In all seriousness I think Blackett is absolutely fine (though I do wish he would stop trying to play up front) but we have three left backs who are performing at very similar levels. Blackett has three assists, while Obita has one goal, one assist, and created one own goal in over 100 minutes fewer. Jager acting like Blackett's departure will be comparable to losing Sigurdsson, Doyle and McCarthy at the same time is just silly, we won't notice he's gone. So I guess it will be like losing McCarthy.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Feb 2020 20:41

Obita has more than 1 assist doesn’t he? Does he get one for Miazga? Then the own goal, Baldock, Meite & his 2 goals as well (Blackpool, Millwall). Think it’s 4 assists and 2 goals

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Feb 2020 09:07

I was going by the WhoScored stats as off the top of my head I can’t remember a single assist from any of our players from this season.

I think they are league-only stats which might explain some of it.

162 posts