Blackett to Turkey.

162 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Blackett to Turkey.

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Dec 2019 16:55

Rumour that there will be approaches made in January for a pre contract. Losing him on a free would be terrible. Should have sold to Millwall last January if we weren't going to offer a new contract.

Can see Turkey being an attractive place to move for him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Blackett to Turkey.

by Zip » 30 Dec 2019 16:59

NewCorkSeth Rumour that there will be approaches made in January for a pre contract. Losing him on a free would be terrible. Should have sold to Millwall last January if we weren't going to offer a new contract.

We may decide to offer him a new contract. We won’t get much for him if he goes in January.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Dec 2019 17:00

Zip
NewCorkSeth Rumour that there will be approaches made in January for a pre contract. Losing him on a free would be terrible. Should have sold to Millwall last January if we weren't going to offer a new contract.

We may decide to offer him a new contract. We won’t get much for him if he goes in January.

We wont get anything from the Turkish clubs. It appears to be an approach to sign a contract that'll commence in the summer. Losing him on a free is terrible.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Dec 2019 17:11

NewCorkSeth
Zip

We wont get anything from the Turkish clubs. It appears to be an approach to sign a contract that'll commence in the summer. Losing him on a free is terrible.

Agreed. He is only 25. So about to come into peak. He is proving his worth right now. Bowen seems to be getting the best out of him and may have a say in all of this. I hope so. He is a good utility player and just may have found his best position at left back in a conventional back four.

Interesting that our current fullbacks doing well in our current run are both out of contract in the summer. We can’t rule out interest in Gunter too.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Dec 2019 17:15

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Zip

Agreed. He is only 25. So about to come into peak. He is proving his worth right now. Bowen seems to be getting the best out of him and may have a say in all of this. I hope so. He is a good utility player and just may have found his best position at left back in a conventional back four.

Interesting that our current fullbacks doing well in our current run are both out of contract in the summer. We can’t rule out interest in Gunter too.

Bowen has just said that Richards is the future of this club so perhaps there is an element of deciding which of our senior LBs to tie down to a new deal. Obita or Blackett. I just think its poor management to have allowed Blacketts contract to wind down in this way. Why didnt we sell him last January if we weren't going to offer a new contract? Or have we offered him a deal and he hasn't signed it yet?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Dec 2019 17:26

Be a shame but maybe he wants to leave and try somewhere else?

Was signed pre-Gourlay as well so prob not on a huge contract currently

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Dec 2019 17:34

NewCorkSeth
Zip
NewCorkSeth We wont get anything from the Turkish clubs. It appears to be an approach to sign a contract that'll commence in the summer. Losing him on a free is terrible.

Bowen has just said that Richards is the future of this club so perhaps there is an element of deciding which of our senior LBs to tie down to a new deal. Obita or Blackett. I just think its poor management to have allowed Blacketts contract to wind down in this way. Why didnt we sell him last January if we weren't going to offer a new contract? Or have we offered him a deal and he hasn't signed it yet?

Perhaps there wasn’t much interest in Blackett. Now that he is back in the side and playing well it might concentrate the minds of Howe and co and we might offer him a new deal. My bigger issue is over Loader. We should have sold him in the summer. I can see him going next month for considerably less than what we were offered in August.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Dec 2019 17:38

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Zip

Perhaps there wasn’t much interest in Blackett. Now that he is back in the side and playing well it might concentrate the minds of Howe and co and we might offer him a new deal. My bigger issue is over Loader. We should have sold him in the summer. I can see him going next month for considerably less than what we were offered in August.

Seem to recall Millwall offering somewhere in the region of 500k last January.

Loader situation is a proper mess but I dont think the club is at fault.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Dec 2019 17:46

Nah, Loader has never looked like he intends to stay he any longer than he had to. Good luck to the chap but not expecting to see him play for us again. Anything we can get for him is a bonus - and another bit part player off the wage bill

Tangent - but rumours of West Ham offering 12m for near 30 y/o Joe Allen at Stoke is genuinely bemusing

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Dec 2019 17:54

Hound Nah, Loader has never looked like he intends to stay he any longer than he had to. Good luck to the chap but not expecting to see him play for us again. Anything we can get for him is a bonus - and another bit part player off the wage bill

Tangent - but rumours of West Ham offering 12m for near 30 y/o Joe Allen at Stoke is genuinely bemusing

Point is we have a history of not selling players at their peak price. Could have gotten a few million for Kuhl from City no? We hold on to players, rarely develop them, then let them go for peanuts and watch them develop elsewhere.

Tangent - That Allen figure must be a joke. Stoke must be erect if its true.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Dec 2019 17:55

Hound Be a shame but maybe he wants to leave and try somewhere else?

Yeah. Reckon his contract is in the lower half of our current lot.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Dec 2019 18:07

NewCorkSeth
Zip
NewCorkSeth Bowen has just said that Richards is the future of this club so perhaps there is an element of deciding which of our senior LBs to tie down to a new deal. Obita or Blackett. I just think its poor management to have allowed Blacketts contract to wind down in this way. Why didnt we sell him last January if we weren't going to offer a new contract? Or have we offered him a deal and he hasn't signed it yet?

Seem to recall Millwall offering somewhere in the region of 500k last January.

Loader situation is a proper mess but I dont think the club is at fault.

I think £500,000 is taking the piss. We all know Blackett is a talented player. I would be disappointed to see him go just as he looks like he is playing to his potential.
We should have sold Loader. He wanted to go.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Dec 2019 18:09

NewCorkSeth
Hound Nah, Loader has never looked like he intends to stay he any longer than he had to. Good luck to the chap but not expecting to see him play for us again. Anything we can get for him is a bonus - and another bit part player off the wage bill

Point is we have a history of not selling players at their peak price. Could have gotten a few million for Kuhl from City no? We hold on to players, rarely develop them, then let them go for peanuts and watch them develop elsewhere.

Tangent - That Allen figure must be a joke. Stoke must be erect if its true.

Allen is wasted at Stoke. He still looks good at international level and should have left Stoke ages ago.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Dec 2019 19:31

NewCorkSeth
Zip

Meh.

Probably on a pretty big wedge, 4th or 5th choice CB, one of three LBs. You can't get money for everyone. Happy for him to stay, happy for him to go for free at the end of the season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Dec 2019 19:33

NewCorkSeth
Zip
NewCorkSeth We wont get anything from the Turkish clubs. It appears to be an approach to sign a contract that'll commence in the summer. Losing him on a free is terrible.

Obita wasn't fit last January.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Dec 2019 19:36

NewCorkSeth

Hat-trick!

Signed from Utd by Stam to take us up the league when we still had parachute payments and were spending beyond our means. Gourlay didn't start the overspending.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Dec 2019 19:47

Very torn on this. A month ago I'd have not cared, but he's in good form and has always had ability. Yet he's not been consistent in his time here and we have Obita and Richards. I'd offer an extension, but he's not worth breaking the bank for. If he considers Turkey a better offer, let him go.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Dec 2019 20:07

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth

Hat-trick!

Signed from Utd by Stam to take us up the league when we still had parachute payments and were spending beyond our means. Gourlay didn't start the overspending.

Signed on a free by Stam. I'd be shocked if he were on more than 12-15k. Shocked I tells ya.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Dec 2019 20:07

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Zip

Obita wasn't fit last January.

Your point being?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Dec 2019 20:08

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Zip

Meh.

Probably on a pretty big wedge, 4th or 5th choice CB, one of three LBs. You can't get money for everyone. Happy for him to stay, happy for him to go for free at the end of the season.

Hattrick!
You can get money for everyone. Liar.

162 posts