Reading players out of contract in summer 2020

217 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Reading players out of contract in summer 2020

by Sutekh » 08 Jul 2020 17:33

Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal i can confirm 100% that moore is on 35K, he is our highest paid player, mannone was our second highest at 30, mannone was the highest paid player up untill moore signed his new contract

How do you have this info and how do you know its reliable.

Unless there’s a leak in HR at Reading or Liam’s bank or Liam revealed all or someone’s been hacking accounts/going through bins looking for payslips I can’t see how anyone outside of the player and club knows 100% exactly what that player is earning.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 Jul 2020 17:39

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal i can confirm 100% that moore is on 35K, he is our highest paid player, mannone was our second highest at 30, mannone was the highest paid player up untill moore signed his new contract

How do you have this info and how do you know its reliable.

Unless there’s a leak in HR at Reading or Liam’s bank or Liam revealed all or someone’s been hacking accounts/going through bins looking for payslips I can’t see how anyone outside of the player and club knows 100% exactly what that player is earning.

you must be new to football :roll:. look im not in the know i don't proclaim to be i dont billy big bollox it around this forum thinking i know everything like ian does and forcing my opinion on people. Its up to you whether you want to believe it or not. I have snippets of information that come my way from time to time. And noone ever questions Gazzer loyal royal ( he has a proven track record of being in itk) who has also confirmed Moores wage in the past. but as i say up to you whether you believe it or not. no skin off my nose

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2020 18:11

WoodleyRoyal
Sutekh
Snowflake Royal How do you have this info and how do you know its reliable.

you must be new to football :roll:. look im not in the know i don't proclaim to be i dont billy big bollox it around this forum thinking i know everything like ian does and forcing my opinion on people. Its up to you whether you want to believe it or not. I have snippets of information that come my way from time to time. And noone ever questions Gazzer loyal royal ( he has a proven track record of being in itk) who has also confirmed Moores wage in the past. but as i say up to you whether you believe it or not. no skin off my nose

I dont claim to know everything, other people seem to enjoy doing it on my behalf for some reason. I also don't force my opinion on anyone, You're all welcome to ignore it or me. Its a discussion forum where the point is to express your opinion.

Not unreasonable to ask someone to give us a reason for why we'd believe them given how many bullshit merchants there are on football forums. No attack intended, and no need to get defensive. If you're going to make a claim, don't expect it to be just taken on faith without any question. And if you're not prepared to give us any reason to trust it, I'm not sure why post it.

Gazzer's got that proven record and clearly has connections. You may well have them too, but I don't recall a particularly proven track record for you. You my well have one, I know I don't know everything despite what people want to claim.

So, would you mind explaining how you know? Don't expect you to out a source or anything, it'd just be useful to help decide how reliable it is. It seems broadly believable though I'd really hope the numbers were lower.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jul 2020 09:46

Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal
Sutekh

I dont claim to know everything, other people seem to enjoy doing it on my behalf for some reason. I also don't force my opinion on anyone, You're all welcome to ignore it or me. Its a discussion forum where the point is to express your opinion.

Not unreasonable to ask someone to give us a reason for why we'd believe them given how many bullshit merchants there are on football forums. No attack intended, and no need to get defensive. If you're going to make a claim, don't expect it to be just taken on faith without any question. And if you're not prepared to give us any reason to trust it, I'm not sure why post it.

Gazzer's got that proven record and clearly has connections. You may well have them too, but I don't recall a particularly proven track record for you. You my well have one, I know I don't know everything despite what people want to claim.

So, would you mind explaining how you know? Don't expect you to out a source or anything, it'd just be useful to help decide how reliable it is. It seems broadly believable though I'd really hope the numbers were lower.

A friend of mine who I used to sit next to at the stadium has a friend who was part of the Thames Sport investment group TSI the company set up by Zingaravich. When that ballsed up, he stayed involved in some capacity for a number of years after, not employed by the club directly though. I believe he severed ties when the Chinese lot came in. But still has contacts within the club. My mate hates Moore, thinks he's an overpaid show pony, and not a conversation passes where he doesn't lament the club for giving him the wage that he's on. I probably only see him now 3/4 times a year, last time was just before lockdown, where true to form his obscene wages were again the focus of discussion.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2020 09:48

WoodleyRoyal
Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal

A friend of mine who I used to sit next to at the stadium has a friend who was part of the Thames Sport investment group TSI the company set up by Zingaravich. When that ballsed up, he stayed involved in some capacity for a number of years after, not employed by the club directly though. I believe he severed ties when the Chinese lot came in. But still has contacts within the club. My mate hates Moore, thinks he's an overpaid show pony, and not a conversation passes where he doesn't lament the club for giving him the wage that he's on. I probably only see him now 3/4 times a year, last time was just before lockdown, where true to form his obscene wages were again the focus of discussion.

Cheers Wooders that's useful, sounds fairly reliable to me and he numbers are sadly believable.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Jul 2020 12:44

Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal A friend of mine who I used to sit next to at the stadium has a friend who was part of the Thames Sport investment group TSI the company set up by Zingaravich. When that ballsed up, he stayed involved in some capacity for a number of years after, not employed by the club directly though. I believe he severed ties when the Chinese lot came in. But still has contacts within the club. My mate hates Moore, thinks he's an overpaid show pony, and not a conversation passes where he doesn't lament the club for giving him the wage that he's on. I probably only see him now 3/4 times a year, last time was just before lockdown, where true to form his obscene wages were again the focus of discussion.

Cheers Wooders that's useful, sounds fairly reliable to me and he numbers are sadly believable.

To me those numbers (on Moore and Mannone) are very believable - It made sense they were trying to push out a competent goalkeeper if his wages were high for a goalkeeper, it also made sense that Moore would insist on more money to stay - being made the highest paid would certainly be something he'd have been looking for.
But it's nice to have a bit of background as to where they are coming from.

I like our owners, but I think that maybe they've made something of a fetish of not being forced to sell players we want to keep, and aren't necessarily being rational - should have taken the money (allegedly) on offer for Moore and Loader for instance.

Any more numbers to share?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jul 2020 12:58

muirinho
Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal A friend of mine who I used to sit next to at the stadium has a friend who was part of the Thames Sport investment group TSI the company set up by Zingaravich. When that ballsed up, he stayed involved in some capacity for a number of years after, not employed by the club directly though. I believe he severed ties when the Chinese lot came in. But still has contacts within the club. My mate hates Moore, thinks he's an overpaid show pony, and not a conversation passes where he doesn't lament the club for giving him the wage that he's on. I probably only see him now 3/4 times a year, last time was just before lockdown, where true to form his obscene wages were again the focus of discussion.

To me those numbers (on Moore and Mannone) are very believable - It made sense they were trying to push out a competent goalkeeper if his wages were high for a goalkeeper, it also made sense that Moore would insist on more money to stay - being made the highest paid would certainly be something he'd have been looking for.
But it's nice to have a bit of background as to where they are coming from.

I like our owners, but I think that maybe they've made something of a fetish of not being forced to sell players we want to keep, and aren't necessarily being rational - should have taken the money (allegedly) on offer for Moore and Loader for instance.

Any more numbers to share?

No more figures no, only that Popa was/is on big wages but I don't have the figure. The only other juicy bit of gossip I got a few years back was that Avram Grant was heading a consortium to buy the club from the Thais and came very close to succeeding.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jul 2020 13:25

If Moore is on £35k a week it’s a big problem. We will struggle to move him on. No chance a Championship club are going to come in and buy him when he’s on that kind of wage. So we are reliant on a top flight club buying him and frankly I can’t see that happening.

At least we will lose the wages of Gunter, Mannone, GMac and Popa. What were the club thinking about giving Popa that kind of deal? Maybe try and cut our losses on Aluko too.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jul 2020 13:36

It would be good to get Baldock off the books too. Once of the worst value for money signings in our history.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jul 2020 13:55

Also worth noting that the signing of Mannone and popa and Moore’s new contract all happened during gourlays spell....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2020 14:06

Zip It would be good to get Baldock off the books too. Once of the worst value for money signings in our history.

I mean he's not great and he's injured a lot...

But when he's up against Pog, Halford, Fae, Aluko, Drenthe, and co (I know fees were nil on some but wages man, and I know we got money back on some)... I'm sure there are other better examples I forget.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jul 2020 14:10

Zip It would be good to get Baldock off the books too. Once of the worst value for money signings in our history.

Possibly but that’s not his fault. He’s looked decent when he has played under MB and does at least offer something different so I wouldn’t be too upset if he stayed - but if there is a club out there who wants to buy him then, equally, that would be good for financial reasons.

Of course what we all hope for is a rich club somewhere wanting Aluko, at least on loan for a season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jul 2020 14:14

Snowflake Royal

But when he's up against Pog, Halford, Fae, Aluko, Drenthe, and co (I know fees were nil on some but wages man, and I know we got money back on some)... I'm sure there are other better examples I forget.

Well didn’t we pay a big fee for Baldock? When you add on his fat wages he becomes one of the most expensive players in our history.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jul 2020 15:07

yes he certainly hasn't been a vfm signing. Really sums up our policy of recent seasons - expensive, no resell and no obvious role in the team.

He isnt a bad player by any stretch, but its not worked out. If he went fine, and if he stays for his final season, also fine imo

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jul 2020 15:23

How does anyone think ‘show pony’ in any way describes Moore ?
I could probably list a couple of dozen Reading players from various eras that were exactly that but Moore is pretty much a WYSIWYG central defender. No frills, no airs, no thoughts that he is the next Bobby Moore, rarely cries off with injury but puts himself where it hurts. He’s got his faults but show pony ?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2020 15:25

Zip
Snowflake Royal

Well didn’t we pay a big fee for Baldock? When you add on his fat wages he becomes one of the most expensive players in our history.

I don't think it was that big... maybe £3m. Probably less. Think he's some way off worst value, whilst certainly not being anywhere close to good value.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jul 2020 15:27

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal I mean he's not great and he's injured a lot...

I don't think it was that big... maybe £3m. Probably less. Think he's some way off worst value, whilst certainly not being anywhere close to good value.

didn't we nearly pay that for vydra's loan ?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Jul 2020 15:32

Nameless How does anyone think ‘show pony’ in any way describes Moore ?
I could probably list a couple of dozen Reading players from various eras that were exactly that but Moore is pretty much a WYSIWYG central defender. No frills, no airs, no thoughts that he is the next Bobby Moore, rarely cries off with injury but puts himself where it hurts. He’s got his faults but show pony ?

Agreed, played through a dislocated shoulder more than once.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jul 2020 15:55

He certainly hasn’t been a show pony but £35k a week for a club our size is mad and he’s under contract for three more seasons. So his wages alone will be the best part of £5.5 million until June 2023. It’s beyond stupid.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jul 2020 16:12

Zip

He certainly hasn’t been a show pony but £35k a week for a club our size is mad and he’s under contract for three more seasons. So his wages alone will be the best part of £5.5 million until June 2023. It’s beyond stupid.

Not his stupidity though.
Hating someone because they have been given a lucrative contract is called jealousy isn’t it ?

217 posts