Rumour - Josh Laurent

WestYorksRoyal

Re: Rumour - Josh Laurent

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2020 10:09

I nearly had a Champions League and world cup double when masterfully juggling Reading and England. Sadly lost the WC final on penalties.....to Ireland. Was so angry about that 12 years later in 2016 I voted Brexit just to show them.

morganb

by morganb » 30 Jan 2020 10:14

Has anyone bought Josh Laurent for Reading in Football Manager? Perhaps the club should do this with any player they're looking at, so they can see how things pan out.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jan 2020 11:25

WestYorksRoyal I nearly had a Champions League and world cup double when masterfully juggling Reading and England. Sadly lost the WC final on penalties.....to Ireland. Was so angry about that 12 years later in 2016 I voted Brexit just to show them.

That is impossible. Ireland cannot win the World Cup. Its coded into the game.

I voted against brexit purely so it wouldnt affect visas in the future FM games. It does.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jan 2020 11:27

Pepe the Horseman I was on for a historic quadruple with Reading once. Won the Prem, League Cup and FA Cup, and into the Champ league final. Was 3-0 at HT against Milan and lost 4-3. I didn't sleep that night.

That is truly awful. Horrific. There was one game I remember that had an error where if you won a game on penalties when you clicked continue it would say you lost on penalties. My Celtic file was ruined.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jan 2020 11:28

morganb Has anyone bought Josh Laurent for Reading in Football Manager? Perhaps the club should do this with any player they're looking at, so they can see how things pan out.

He is very likely shit in the game. As are most players in the league below. Think the only real talent this years game is Shandon Baptiste with a tasty PA of 146. Which he rarely will ever fulfill.

WestYorksRoyal

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2020 12:12

NewCorkSeth
WestYorksRoyal I nearly had a Champions League and world cup double when masterfully juggling Reading and England. Sadly lost the WC final on penalties.....to Ireland. Was so angry about that 12 years later in 2016 I voted Brexit just to show them.

That is impossible. Ireland cannot win the World Cup. Its coded into the game.

I voted against brexit purely so it wouldnt affect visas in the future FM games. It does.

I hoped my vote would ensure that when playing FM, by 2021 or so when I'd got Reading to the PL and developed my global scouting network, it would be easier to buy talented South Americans and Africans. Sadly not so. Seems I was sold a dud.