Pedro Mendes

Hound
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pedro Mendes

by Hound » 27 Jan 2020 10:20

WoodleyRoyal
Hound
Royalwaster
I don't think we're paying Barrow's wages ...

it'd have been a really odd transfer if we were. It still confuses me a bit tbh, there were rumours of teams buying him for 2-3m and then we loan him out instead. Would have thought a sale would have been better for us

At the time he didn't fit our system. It will be interesting what we do in the summer when he's back considering we play with wingers again.

you think maybe the owners only let him be loaned? There was some noise that he was one of the players they didnt want to sell

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Dave Royal I'm Coming for you! whats your IP today?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Jan 2020 10:22

Hound
WoodleyRoyal
Hound
it'd have been a really odd transfer if we were. It still confuses me a bit tbh, there were rumours of teams buying him for 2-3m and then we loan him out instead. Would have thought a sale would have been better for us

At the time he didn't fit our system. It will be interesting what we do in the summer when he's back considering we play with wingers again.

you think maybe the owners only let him be loaned? There was some noise that he was one of the players they didnt want to sell

100% imo

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jan 2020 12:25

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Surely the usual state is it is quiet and then we suddenly sign someone no one had anticipated ?

We'll have known well ahead what our finances were for this window and Aluko's return didn't come as a shock, it will have been budgeted for,
I don't think we need to make panic signings anyway, a short term loan centre forward until Joao is back is about all really.

It's 26th of Jan, there haven't been many rumours and no signings that I can think of. I'd say that's unusual.

May just be me but hasn't the window been pretty quiet across the board - been very little in terms of movement or rumours not involving Inter buying surplus PL players.

Could be, don't tend to pay much attention to the overall furore or other clubs.