SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Ronan Curtis

by SouthDownsRoyal » 11 Jul 2020 21:45

Nameless
SouthDownsRoyal
Nameless
I’d put Ronan O’Gara higher up my list of ‘most successful Ronan's, the guy has an impressive cv

Higher thank Keating?

Obviously.
Keating was a bloke in an identikit boy band, doubt most people would know which one. Boyslife, or Westzone or something. No one could name any songs he recorded.
O’Gara was a seriously good rugby player, 3 Lions tours, all sorts of points and appearance records.
No contest.

You fa real? :|

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jul 2020 21:46

We’ll put your case if you think some auto tune clothes horse is ‘better’ than a top rugby flyhalf....

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 11 Jul 2020 22:05

Keating is wealthier and better known

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Jul 2020 22:11

Nameless
SouthDownsRoyal
Nameless
I’d put Ronan O’Gara higher up my list of ‘most successful Ronan's, the guy has an impressive cv

Higher thank Keating?

Obviously.
Keating was a bloke in an identikit boy band, doubt most people would know which one. Boyslife, or Westzone or something. No one could name any songs he recorded.
O’Gara was a seriously good rugby player, 3 Lions tours, all sorts of points and appearance records.
No contest.

Yep, you're right. Nobody gives a shit about Rugby. Keating definitely more famous.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 11 Jul 2020 22:53

sandman
Nameless
SouthDownsRoyal
Higher thank Keating?

Obviously.
No contest.

Yep, you're right. Nobody gives a shit about Rugby. Keating definitely more famous.

:lol: +1

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jul 2020 09:43

Nameless
SouthDownsRoyal
Nameless

Higher thank Keating?

Obviously.
No contest.

Anyone not interested in rugby has barely heard of O'Gara, there was a period in the 90s and 00s you couldn't avoid Keating. And that was across large swathes of the world.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jul 2020 10:13

This is the content we all need right now.

I've literally never heard of Ronan O'Gara fwiw.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Jul 2020 11:43

Pepe the Horseman This is the content we all need right now.

I've literally never heard of Ronan O'Gara fwiw.

Exactly. Unless you are in the rugger world you wouldn’t have, yet everyone knows of Ronan Keating.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jul 2020 11:53

I'd heard of O'Gara but I couldn't have told you he was a rugby player, let alone anything else about him.

I knew Keating was in Boyzone, had a solo career and oodles of No 1s though.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jul 2020 13:04

Snowflake Royal I'd heard of O'Gara but I couldn't have told you he was a rugby player, let alone anything else about him.

I knew Keating was in Boyzone, had a solo career and oodles of No 1s though.

Exactly. Off the top of my head I could tell you that Ronan Patrick John Keating (born 3 March 1977) is an Irish singer-songwriter, musician, and philanthropist who currently hosts a breakfast show on Magic Radio. He debuted in 1994 alongside Keith Duffy, Michael Graham, Shane Lynch, and Stephen Gately, as the co-lead singer (with Gately) of Irish group Boyzone. His solo career started in 1999 and he has recorded ten albums. He gained worldwide attention when his single "When You Say Nothing at All" was featured in the film Notting Hill and peaked at number one in several countries.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2020 14:26

The. boyband groupies outin force and having to change the goalposts to support their pinup !
It’s the most successful Ronan, not the one who has appeared in a Heat magazine most times orsold the most copies of insipid cover versions !
Being ‘heard of does not make you successful. Ask Matt Hancock, or Donald Trump.
O’Gara has 120+ Irish caps andis their all time top scorer, won 2 Heineken cups, Triple Crowns, a Grand Slam, 3 Lions tours, partof th3 Munster side which ranks as one of the best clubsides ever.
There is simply no contest. O’Gara is a giantin his field, Keatingwill barely rate a mention when the definitive history of popular music is written.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Jul 2020 14:44

Keating worth $30 million.

Sold 20 million records as a solo artist and 25 million records as part of a very successful group. 6 UK number 1 singles, 5 number 1 albums and 9 number 1 singles in Ireland. That's not forgetting his 3 solo number 1 uk singles and four number 1 albums.

I mean I'm more of a Slipknot man myself but it's pretty clear Keating is a lot more successful.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2020 15:14

sandman Keating worth $30 million.

Sold 20 million records as a solo artist and 25 million records as part of a very successful group. 6 UK number 1 singles, 5 number 1 albums and 9 number 1 singles in Ireland. That's not forgetting his 3 solo number 1 uk singles and four number 1 albums.

I mean I'm more of a Slipknot man myself but it's pretty clear Keating is a lot more successful.

How many 6 Nations points has Keating ?
Has he achieved the Lions hat trick ?
How many game winning drop goals has he kicked ?

Not so clear cut is it.....

I’d guarantee any self respecting Irishman would take O’Gara ahead of Keating in the blink of an eye.

Keating is a cabaret act, he has no artistic credibility, he’ll not be spoken of in the same breath as the greats of the music world.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jul 2020 17:25

I googled "most successful Ronan" and the first result told me that Ronan Keating is, and I quote "considered the most important person in history born with the first name of Ronan."

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2020 17:33

Pepe the Horseman I googled "most successful Ronan" and the first result told me that Ronan Keating is, and I quote "considered the most important person in history born with the first name of Ronan."

You misquote, the search actually says the most FAMOUS..... so not relevant !

O’Gara is second on that list as well. considering Keating had an entire marketing team to push his celebrity, because there was nothing else about him that would make him famous, it’s hardly surprising he became famous. O’Gara simply did something really, really well and his fame was built on talent and genuine achievement.

The rest of that list of famous Ronan’s looks awfully thin. Rafferty at 3rd is ok but beyond that it looks like people known in their part of Ireland rather than by a wide audience.
Curtis doesn’t even make the top 25....

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 12 Jul 2020 19:39

Pepe the Horseman I googled "most successful Ronan" and the first result told me that Ronan Keating is, and I quote "considered the most important person in history born with the first name of Ronan."

Not wanting to get embroiled in this controversy but that is playback.fm you're getting it from.
If the Irish RFU had a similar list I suspect it would be different.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 12 Jul 2020 19:39

Horsham Royal

Not wanting to get embroiled in this controversy but that is playback.fm you're getting it from.
If the Irish RFU had a similar list I suspect it would be different.

Anyway, musically, Ronan Harris whacks Keating.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Jul 2020 19:45

Anyone heard of Curtis Stigers ?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2020 19:53

Franchise FC Anyone heard of Curtis Stigers ?

I’d suggest he’s more famous than Curtis Osano....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jul 2020 21:07

Nameless
Franchise FC Anyone heard of Curtis Stigers ?

I’d suggest he’s more famous than Curtis Osano....

Not in Bangalore.