Rumour - Liam Moore to Celtic

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Liam Moore to Celtic

by Zip » 22 Aug 2020 21:05

Nameless
Zip
Nameless Some quite disgraceful attitudes towards Moore. The guy has shown a lot of commitment, tons of courage and plenty of ability in his time here. He’s worked hard representing the club off the pitch. The fact that he’s probably over paid seems to sway people’s judgement although I suspect none of us would go and see our boss and suggest he drops our wages because we’ve not had a good day !
I think we would miss him, but he’s not irreplaceable and we could save money fairly easily by recruiting well.
If he was given the chance to go to Celtic I can’t see him turning it down and I agree that it might be a decent move alround
The negativity to a guy who has literally put his body on the line a number of times is out of order though...

Nope. You are wrong to interpret the comments that way.
Moore has easily been one of our best signings in the past decade and at his best has been terrific for us. However we are in a financial mess. That’s not in any way Moore’s fault but it does mean his wages become a huge problem. We need to bring in some money by selling a couple of players whilst trying to remain competitive. We need to bring our wage bill right down.

At centre back Morrison and McIntyre were primarily first choice at the end of the season. Generally there are plenty of decent centre backs around. So it should not be a big problem if we sell Moore.

Ultimately I would prefer we kept both Swift and Moore but we have to sell them to try and avoid FFP penalties. I’d suggest it’s crucial they go to improve the financial car crash we are in. That’s the reality I’m afraid.

While your comments are reasonable and make sense I’m not sure they excuse some of the deeply unpleasant stuff that has been aimed at Moore over the last few months.

Fully agree. He doesn’t deserve any abuse at all. He’s put his body on the line for the club.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Aug 2020 21:54

We can sell Moore and swift and we will be ok

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 23 Aug 2020 00:21

Zip
Nameless Some quite disgraceful attitudes towards Moore. The guy has shown a lot of commitment, tons of courage and plenty of ability in his time here. He’s worked hard representing the club off the pitch. The fact that he’s probably over paid seems to sway people’s judgement although I suspect none of us would go and see our boss and suggest he drops our wages because we’ve not had a good day !
I think we would miss him, but he’s not irreplaceable and we could save money fairly easily by recruiting well.
If he was given the chance to go to Celtic I can’t see him turning it down and I agree that it might be a decent move alround
The negativity to a guy who has literally put his body on the line a number of times is out of order though...

Nope. You are wrong to interpret the comments that way.
Moore has easily been one of our best signings in the past decade and at his best has been terrific for us. However we are in a financial mess. That’s not in any way Moore’s fault but it does mean his wages become a huge problem. We need to bring in some money by selling a couple of players whilst trying to remain competitive. We need to bring our wage bill right down.

At centre back Morrison and McIntyre were primarily first choice at the end of the season. Generally there are plenty of decent centre backs around. So it should not be a big problem if we sell Moore.

Ultimately I would prefer we kept both Swift and Moore but we have to sell them to try and avoid FFP penalties. I’d suggest it’s crucial they go to improve the financial car crash we are in. That’s the reality I’m afraid.

+1

Avoid FFP. Cut the cloth and be prudent this year. Let the Dai’s try the Wolves model again next season.

Then we go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 25 Aug 2020 19:30

...or maybe this season.

God I need a pint!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Oct 2020 18:01

Not Celtic any more but now Wolves, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Southampton and Newcastle are reportedly targeting 27-year-old Reading captain Liam Moore for a January move.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 25 Oct 2020 18:04

Sutekh Not Celtic any more but now Wolves, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Southampton and Newcastle are reportedly targeting 27-year-old Reading captain Liam Moore for a January move.

Presumably they all need to sign a 27 year old?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2020 18:07

Sutekh Not Celtic any more but now Wolves, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Southampton and Newcastle are reportedly targeting 27-year-old Reading captain Liam Moore for a January move.

Ha what 7 good games can do for you

He’s been bloody great tbf

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Oct 2020 18:08

£4.5 million is the figure mentioned. On his current form our owners would only sell his left bollock for that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2020 18:09

Where is the rumour out of interest?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 25 Oct 2020 18:47

Well he wouldn’t get into any of them teams so the choice is his if the rumours are true which I doubt. Potentially captain us to promotion, or sit on a bench for the next 3 years.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Oct 2020 18:56

WoodleyRoyal Well he wouldn’t get into any of them teams so the choice is his if the rumours are true which I doubt. Potentially captain us to promotion, or sit on a bench for the next 3 years.

Or sit on the bench for the next three years running through his banking app to see the account fill up.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Oct 2020 18:56

Hound Where is the rumour out of interest?

Quite a few links off of here:

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footb ... ng?type=ln

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Oct 2020 19:33

bcubed

We just need to hold on until the last day of the window then because that's his 28th birthday.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 25 Oct 2020 23:24

From Despair To Where?
bcubed

We just need to hold on until the last day of the window then because that's his 28th birthday.

:D

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 27 Oct 2020 02:29

That'll be a fun (and very short) negotiation. Even when we were shite with no immediate prospect of promotion the Dai's weren't exactly prone to flogging our best players.