Rumour: Howe out

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour: Howe out

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Aug 2020 19:10

Be interesting to see if Madejski drops any sly bombshells over the next week or three.

Howe's bound to tell him what's really going on, but is unlikely to come out with anything damning in the media or on socials himself.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Aug 2020 19:21

I’m sure there is more too this. if Howe has been shat on from a great height. Why Has he moved back to his old role. I mean you would just leave wouldn’t you? He’s not going to be strapped for cash or struggle to find work with a cv like his. Things aren’t adding up. Why is he still here but in a reduced capacity again? It’s odd

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Aug 2020 19:25

From what I gather it sounds like Howe wanted to keep the books balanced (in other words, do his job properly) which meant little to no investment this summer. The owner wants to spaff some cash and ignore FFP in a gamble to get to the Prem.

Some talk on Twitter that we're going to spend some money now. Can't wait for that points deduction in 2021.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 24 Aug 2020 19:34

Snowflake Royal Be interesting to see if Madejski drops any sly bombshells over the next week or three.

Howe's bound to tell him what's really going on, but is unlikely to come out with anything damning in the media or on socials himself.

I wouldn't count on anything sensible from him, he's drunk all the time

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Aug 2020 19:38

genome From what I gather it sounds like Howe wanted to keep the books balanced (in other words, do his job properly) which meant little to no investment this summer. The owner wants to spaff some cash and ignore FFP in a gamble to get to the Prem.

Some talk on Twitter that we're going to spend some money now. Can't wait for that points deduction in 2021.

Well if we were going to do it in anyone one season this season is the season to do it. with sheff wed And potentially derby Starting on minus points and Wycombe and Luton sure fire favourites for the drop it’s risk free ( ok not risk free, reduced risk)

I mean it’s obvious isn’t it? the owners need to launder their money some how (allegedly) . And if they are not able to spend then they can’t wash it clean.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 24 Aug 2020 19:40

Maybe a conflict of interests if he is on the board that makes decisions regarding FFP. He can’t be seen to breach them with a club he is CEO of and it might be a case we are already so screwed he can’t pull it back.

It is the end game now to be fair. We either get promotion or league 1 and administration beckons. We go the way of Bolton and Wigan. Our rich owners get bored and we really are screwed. This could be our last hurrah so enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 24 Aug 2020 19:50

Simon's Church I don't know anything about this but I'm not going to assume he is bad at his job just becuase he has a Chinese sounding name.

I for one welcome Mr Dayong Pang to the club and hope for a long and rewarding tenure.

OR maybe the last 2 years FFP will be waived because of covid

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Aug 2020 19:54

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal Be interesting to see if Madejski drops any sly bombshells over the next week or three.

I wouldn't count on anything sensible from him, he's drunk all the time

Agree with your overall point, but Ian's not a big drinker afaik.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 24 Aug 2020 19:58

Is it just Howe out or will there be a new manager (possibly foreign, not Welsh)?
Not sure it is what we need but ...............................................................

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Aug 2020 20:05

South Coast Royal Is it just Howe out or will there be a new manager (possibly foreign, not Welsh)?
Not sure it is what we need but ...............................................................

Hope so. Never warmed to Bowen. Would go for Pearson.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Aug 2020 20:13

genome From what I gather it sounds like Howe wanted to keep the books balanced (in other words, do his job properly) which meant little to no investment this summer. The owner wants to spaff some cash and ignore FFP in a gamble to get to the Prem.

Yep we are heading down the wrong road here. If we now spend big we will end up making another huge loss and pick up a big points deduction. It’s not an acceptable way to run a football club. I can see us in League One in twelve months.
Last edited by Zip on 24 Aug 2020 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Aug 2020 20:17

WoodleyRoyal
South Coast Royal Is it just Howe out or will there be a new manager (possibly foreign, not Welsh)?

What alternate universe is it you live in where Pearson would come to a shambles shit Championship side?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Aug 2020 20:22

Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal

What alternate universe is it you live in where Pearson would come to a shambles shit Championship side?

Um his last three jobs are derby in the championship, some Belgium club and has just been sacked by Watford who were relegated. A struggling championship side isn’t beyond the realms of possibility Ian. Wind ya neck in.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Aug 2020 20:24

Chris Gunter player manager may be?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Aug 2020 20:24

Also rumours that Bowen may be moved to DoF role, presumably with a new manager coming in. I'd be supportive of that.

If we flagrantly disregard FFP and don't even try to comply, what's the maximum penalty? 12 points? Get a team who can get 60 - 65 and maybe you cope with that. Especially next season when you have Wednesday and possibly Derby too. Once you have your points deduction, is that the end of it? Those losses don't count again next year?

I ask these Qs because clearly Howe was trying to comply with FFP and the Dais weren't interested.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 24 Aug 2020 20:28

Who signed off on the crazy end of summer spend last summer? Howe? Or are we thinking he was against that spend as well and was overruled?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Aug 2020 20:33

Jagermesiter1871 Who signed off on the crazy end of summer spend last summer? Howe? Or are we thinking he was against that spend as well and was overruled?

He wasn’t happy about it. Seems the owners over-ruled him last summer.

Live Fast Dai Yongge

by Live Fast Dai Yongge » 24 Aug 2020 20:51

Mr Pang is a brilliant accountant. He will be a great CEO.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 24 Aug 2020 21:02

Kia will get us a second tier Portuguese manager - all will be ok

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 24 Aug 2020 21:16

This next few weeks are going to be interesting. From what I can understand we are on the cusp of breaking FFP. due to Howe being on the board of the EFL it compromised his decisions in regards to how much leeway he could give to the situation.
There is 3 outcomes to this-
1)The Dais go for bust and throw big money at a unlikely promotion push and we probably get a 12 point deduction next season.
2) we stay on the same path of spend little and make do and mend, so we have more money to go for it next season but they moved Howe so I doubt it.
3) they push the boundaries under the hope they recoup what they need to keep us within FFP. Giving some money to spend and freeing up a mid pot of wages to get Bowen’s targets over the line.
I wished we had gone for 2, I hope now for 3 and we will probably get 1.

As a side note we did get another shirt sponsor today, I know it won’t be a lot but may free up a couple of million.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
The most important part really is they don’t get bored and pull the plug .