Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

308 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Rodrigo Riquelme

by Lower West » 29 Sep 2020 21:25

With the injury list and obvious deficiencies in the squad. Perhaps attention has focused elsewhere in terms of recruitment.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 30 Sep 2020 08:51

Zip
Notts Royal After Kia’s interview on TalkSport earlier, it’s just as well the EFL have placed us under a soft embargo, as he really would take us to the cleaners.

This is more than about Riquelme, understandable some people are getting a bit upset over it (although we’ve never seen the bloke play), but the long term financial health of the club is far more important

We have to sell players and that’ll only change once Dai changes his approach

We do have to sell players although ironically the one player we sold for a decent fee in Mo Barrow is someone we really needed to keep a hold of. We don’t have a single winger in the squad.

Yes that is quite ironic...although it became clear Barrow didn’t want to be here so I suppose there’s not a lot we really could’ve done about that one.

Stupid thing is if we’d just sold Swift earlier in the summer, we most likely would’ve been allowed to strengthen in the areas that really need strengthening

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Sep 2020 08:59

Notts Royal
Zip
Notts Royal After Kia’s interview on TalkSport earlier, it’s just as well the EFL have placed us under a soft embargo, as he really would take us to the cleaners.

This is more than about Riquelme, understandable some people are getting a bit upset over it (although we’ve never seen the bloke play), but the long term financial health of the club is far more important

We have to sell players and that’ll only change once Dai changes his approach

We do have to sell players although ironically the one player we sold for a decent fee in Mo Barrow is someone we really needed to keep a hold of. We don’t have a single winger in the squad.

Yes that is quite ironic...although it became clear Barrow didn’t want to be here so I suppose there’s not a lot we really could’ve done about that one.

Stupid thing is if we’d just sold Swift earlier in the summer, we most likely would’ve been allowed to strengthen in the areas that really need strengthening

yeah, but if Swift had stayed fit, he'd be filling an area that we really need strength in. We're basically relying on Rino/Laurent/Olise staying fit now, where Swift could fill in for any of them. We've still Ovie who can move over but beyond that, next in line is Aloluko

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 30 Sep 2020 09:58

Hound
Notts Royal
Zip

yeah, but if Swift had stayed fit, he'd be filling an area that we really need strength in. We're basically relying on Rino/Laurent/Olise staying fit now, where Swift could fill in for any of them. We've still Ovie who can move over but beyond that, next in line is Aloluko

We have 3 players who can play the 1 AM role (Swift, Olise & Ejaria). We only have Meite & another or Olise/Ejaria who can play the wider roles. The natural balancing of things would be to move on 1 of the AMs, and sign another wide player.

Rino & Laurent are deeper...and we need cover there too

Most sensible solution would have been to have sold Swift for £8-10m, bought a wide player for say £3m, a loan for CM backup, and boost the coffers with the rest

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Sep 2020 10:44

I don't think we ever got offered 8-10 for Swift though. It'd have been sensible if a reasonable offer came in, but sounds like it was more like 3-4m

At which point I'd rather have kept a proven and adaptable player rather than spend 3m on someone who may/may not have worked out

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Sep 2020 11:01

Hound I don't think we ever got offered 8-10 for Swift though. It'd have been sensible if a reasonable offer came in, but sounds like it was more like 3-4m

At which point I'd rather have kept a proven and adaptable player rather than spend 3m on someone who may/may not have worked out

I'd certainly believe that, especially when the highest offer I heard banded around was £6m, that probably was £2m-£4m as an upfront fee with add-ons that may or may not have ever been activated.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 30 Sep 2020 12:16

Especially if we are talking about Sheffield Primark United who are making the offer.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Sep 2020 13:14

Hound
Notts Royal
Zip

We've still Ovie who can move over but beyond that, next in line is Aloluko

Might actually perform after being played in the wrong position for two/three seasons, you never know

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Sep 2020 13:56

RR was here 4/5 weeks the first 3 weeks of which Reading couldn’t really do anything official as Atletico were negotiating to extend RR’s agreement for another 4 years I believe. So once that was done Reading had to agree a deal with Atletico and then, presumably, put it to the FL for their agreement. So the delay may have been due to Atletico wanting to see if there was other interest, it may have been due to the FL taking ages to respond, it may have been something else. Wonder if Mr Low can find out what the issues were...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Sep 2020 13:59

Given he was at Dean Court for his medical yesterday afternoon, it's taking a long time for him to be confirmed down there.

Everyone is going to look very silly when he finally signs for Celtic.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 30 Sep 2020 19:04

Stranded Given he was at Dean Court for his medical yesterday afternoon, it's taking a long time for him to be confirmed down there.

Still not happened unless I've missed something; and the manager said on Monday they'd have a signing within 24-48 hours.

I'd be fine if he went to Celtic, having read what AFCB's fans were saying about us yesterday. They're on the annoying side around the status of their club, rather like Brighton, must be something to do with the south coast.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Sep 2020 19:08

Riquelme is a hoax. I don't think he actually exists.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Oct 2020 08:17

genome Riquelme is a hoax. I don't think he actually exists.

He only ever existed in our hearts.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Oct 2020 13:06

Mid Sussex Royal
Stranded Given he was at Dean Court for his medical yesterday afternoon, it's taking a long time for him to be confirmed down there.

Still not happened unless I've missed something; and the manager said on Monday they'd have a signing within 24-48 hours.

I'd be fine if he went to Celtic, having read what AFCB's fans were saying about us yesterday. They're on the annoying side around the status of their club, rather like Brighton, must be something to do with the south coast.

Don’t some Bournemouth fans dislike Reading anyway for some weird reason?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Oct 2020 13:41

Sutekh
Mid Sussex Royal

Don’t some Bournemouth fans dislike Reading anyway for some weird reason?

Yeh in a "we don't care about Reading but we can't stop talking about them" Brighton kind of way.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Oct 2020 13:52

We are traditionally their biggest rivals as we were the closest club they played with any sort of regularity and in fairness, I think we've played them more than any other club and them likewise.

Unfortunately for them, as a rivalry, its largely unrequited and we traditionally had more interest in the Shits, The Pox and Pigtown.

In nearly 40 years of watching Reading, I've never known anyone consider Bournemouth as rivals.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Oct 2020 14:05

Officially signed for Bournemouth.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Oct 2020 14:09

I'm not crying you're crying.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2020 14:09

Excellent. Maybe everyone can now stop creaming themselves over some kid they had never heard of until a month ago. Embarrassing.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Oct 2020 14:36

He's played a massive 22 games for Athletico B and 1 for Athletico, looking forward to him not being up to the physicality of the Championship.

308 posts