Rumour - Kwadwo Asamoah

100 posts
Old Man Andrews

Rumour - Kwadwo Asamoah

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Oct 2020 09:30

This would be quite a coup. Kwadwo Asamoah linked with us on social media this morning.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Kwadwo Asamoah

by Hendo » 02 Oct 2020 09:43

Don't really know the name, but looking at his record, he certainly has a lot of high-level experience.

Plays left-back/left-midfield/centre-midfield -> get him in.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 02 Oct 2020 09:47

https://mobile.twitter.com/ExclusivesFc ... 0026332160

Says:

We are working hard to get a work permit so we can try and sign Kwadwo Asamoah

So, work permit, wages and the EFL could be a problem

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Oct 2020 10:01

He wouldn’t need a work permit so that’s bullshit.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 02 Oct 2020 10:10

Why wouldn’t he need one? I can only see he has Ghanaian citizenship and no other citizenship.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Oct 2020 10:11

Hendo Don't really know the name, but looking at his record, he certainly has a lot of high-level experience.

Seems odd that you don't know the name. He was a pretty big deal around 2012ish.

Cant quite believe a player of his profile would go to the Championship. More of an Inter Miami move was expected.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Oct 2020 10:13

TiagoIlori Why wouldn’t he need one? I can only see he has Ghanaian citizenship and no other citizenship.

Maybe in the 12 odd years he has lived in Italy he picked up an Italian passport to help out with the leagues non- EU player rules.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Oct 2020 10:13

NewCorkSeth
Hendo Don't really know the name, but looking at his record, he certainly has a lot of high-level experience.

Seems odd that you don't know the name. He was a pretty big deal around 2012ish.

Cant quite believe a player of his profile would go to the Championship. More of an Inter Miami move was expected.

He certainly does have the career of a big name player, but I guess this one slipped by me.

I was just finishing uni in 2012 so maybe 3 years of drinking and hardly sleeping has fogged my memory somewhat...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Oct 2020 10:16

Hendo
NewCorkSeth

He certainly does have the career of a big name player, but I guess this one slipped by me.

I was just finishing uni in 2012 so maybe 3 years of drinking and hardly sleeping has fogged my memory somewhat...

He was a "must buy" in FM2010 or 2011. Was only a CM at the time but if this is a real deal it would be an enormous coup and would cover 2 incredibly important positions in LB and CM. Cant see it happening though. Very much a FM signing.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Oct 2020 10:19

NewCorkSeth
Hendo
NewCorkSeth Seems odd that you don't know the name. He was a pretty big deal around 2012ish.

He was a "must buy" in FM2010 or 2011. Was only a CM at the time but if this is a real deal it would be an enormous coup and would cover 2 incredibly important positions in LB and CM. Cant see it happening though. Very much a FM signing.

Ah see, I was out of the FM loop for those few years! Would explain it.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Oct 2020 10:20

Hendo
NewCorkSeth
Hendo

Wait.. out of the FM during uni? What were you doing instead?? Getting laid? Loser.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Oct 2020 10:21

NewCorkSeth
Hendo
NewCorkSeth He was a "must buy" in FM2010 or 2011. Was only a CM at the time but if this is a real deal it would be an enormous coup and would cover 2 incredibly important positions in LB and CM. Cant see it happening though. Very much a FM signing.

Wait.. out of the FM during uni? What were you doing instead?? Getting laid? Loser.

:lol:

yuomi

by yuomi » 02 Oct 2020 10:38

So we couldn't get a £20k (at most) unseen prospect over the line despite having him at the club for 3wks and now we're being linked with £50k p/w experienced international players with 72hrs of the window left?

I mean, credit to anyone that can make happen, but it sounds ridiculously far-fetched.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 02 Oct 2020 10:39

NewCorkSeth
TiagoIlori Why wouldn’t he need one? I can only see he has Ghanaian citizenship and no other citizenship.

Maybe in the 12 odd years he has lived in Italy he picked up an Italian passport to help out with the leagues non- EU player rules.

Considering it takes 10 years to gain one and Italy have a strict non EU quota I think it would be reported if over the last 2 years he got Italian citizenship. So again, I’ve not seen anything that suggests he’s an Italian citizen.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Oct 2020 10:47

TiagoIlori
NewCorkSeth

Considering it takes 10 years to gain one and Italy have a strict non EU quota I think it would be reported if over the last 2 years he got Italian citizenship. So again, I’ve not seen anything that suggests he’s an Italian citizen.

Aha! But have you seen anything to suggest he isnt? Checkmate.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Oct 2020 11:03

Ghanaians are some of my favourite people ever.

For that reason alone I'm in.

Would be nice for Yiadom too I imagine.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 02 Oct 2020 11:04

NewCorkSeth
TiagoIlori
NewCorkSeth Maybe in the 12 odd years he has lived in Italy he picked up an Italian passport to help out with the leagues non- EU player rules.

I mean exclusives is saying he would need a work permit..

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Oct 2020 11:07

Well, our last attempt to sign a Ghanaian called Asamoah went swimmingly.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen but we are entering transfer window silly season and before we know it, Messi's been spotted at Blackbushe.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 02 Oct 2020 11:16

Our last two ventures into signing international left-backs haven't worked out too well-Bridge and Drenthe.
Asamoah supposedly plays there and at left-midfield.

A move to England for the first time , age nearly 32 and on big wages doesn't altogether sound like the sort we are looking for but we will know by Tuesday.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Oct 2020 11:17

TiagoIlori
NewCorkSeth
TiagoIlori Considering it takes 10 years to gain one and Italy have a strict non EU quota I think it would be reported if over the last 2 years he got Italian citizenship. So again, I’ve not seen anything that suggests he’s an Italian citizen.

I mean exclusives is saying he would need a work permit..

I said checkmate.

100 posts