Spaculation - jack wilshere

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Spaculation - jack wilshere

by WoodleyRoyal » 06 Oct 2020 09:31

released by WH, admittedly he's made of papier-mache, but a pay as you play deal could be a good option for a championship club, he said after release he's been fit for the last 8/9 months just hasn't been in the managers plans. I'm sure if he stays fit he could do a job in the chump. And i cant see too many PL clubs lining up to take him if he can't even get in the WH team.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Spaculation - jack wilshere

by genome » 06 Oct 2020 09:58

Too big of a risk given his injury history, as he'd still probably command a decent wedge.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Oct 2020 10:04

He was on 100k a week at West Ham.

I think we should actively avoid players like this, we need to focus on good young talent or hidden gems in the EFL like Josh Laurent. Wilshire clearly has never got over his injuries from a few years ago and probably should go to the MLS or something similar, pick up some good money and take it easy.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Oct 2020 10:28

Could he alternate spells on the treatment table with Swift ?
Any club risking 100k a week on him needs to be very rich...

Has any player ever come out and said ‘actually I really don’t care about the money now, I’m sorted for life. I just fancy enjoying my football and I’ll play for nothing for the right club’.
It would be great to see (for example) Gylfi coming back here just because he wants to finish his career playing for us.
Only one I can think of might be Bellamy at Cardiff when he basically put all his money into a charity.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Oct 2020 10:29

WoodleyRoyal released by WH, admittedly he's made of papier-mache, but a pay as you play deal could be a good option for a championship club, he said after release he's been fit for the last 8/9 months just hasn't been in the managers plans. I'm sure if he stays fit he could do a job in the chump. And i cant see too many PL clubs lining up to take him if he can't even get in the WH team.

You spelt speculation wrong. Capital letters are missing from first name and surname. I am not sure what the chump is that you refer too. Oh and if you are suggesting Jack Wilshere should join a young, vibrant team like Reading I would reply with "don't be so ridiculous".

Apart from that, you have nailed this post.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 06 Oct 2020 10:31

paultheroyal
WoodleyRoyal released by WH, admittedly he's made of papier-mache, but a pay as you play deal could be a good option for a championship club, he said after release he's been fit for the last 8/9 months just hasn't been in the managers plans. I'm sure if he stays fit he could do a job in the chump. And i cant see too many PL clubs lining up to take him if he can't even get in the WH team.

You spelt speculation wrong. Capital letters are missing from first name and surname. I am not sure what the chump is that you refer too. Oh and if you are suggesting Jack Wilshere should join a young, vibrant team like Reading I would reply with "don't be so ridiculous".

Apart from that, you have nailed this post.

:mrgreen:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Oct 2020 10:39

Jack Wilshere’s career makes me genuinely sad. Such a good player just wrecked by injury

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Oct 2020 10:54

Obviously a bloody good player on his day but not sure how he’d fit in with our side.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 06 Oct 2020 11:04

Hound Jack Wilshere’s career makes me genuinely sad. Such a good player just wrecked by injury

Years back I wanted to place a bet that he would captain England to winning the World Cup.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Oct 2020 11:05

SCIAG Obviously a bloody good player on his day but not sure how he’d fit in with our side.

Strikes me as a fairly similar player to Swift (including all the injuries)

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Oct 2020 11:25

Hound Jack Wilshere’s career makes me genuinely sad. Such a good player just wrecked by injury

I'm pretty sure I heard people say that he also had his fair share of 'off the field' issues ... so not sure, injuries were his only problem.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 06 Oct 2020 11:26

Snowball

Years back I wanted to place a bet that he would captain England to winning the World Cup.

Could still happen. In October 2020 he signs for RFC. We get promoted to the PL in May 2021 and become an established PL side in 2021/22 season - with a now fully fit Wiltshere at the centre of the team still aged just 30. He is playing so well that he gets called back up by England and is appointed Captain and leads us to the WC win at the end of 2022.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 06 Oct 2020 12:00

andrew1957
Snowball

Could still happen. In October 2020 he signs for RFC. We get promoted to the PL in May 2021 and become an established PL side in 2021/22 season - with a now fully fit Wiltshere at the centre of the team still aged just 30. He is playing so well that he gets called back up by England and is appointed Captain and leads us to the WC win at the end of 2022.

I knew I should have placed that bet.

IF he stays fit, and IF a Championship club could get him for 50K a week or less,
he would be a stand-out midfielder worth I'd say at least an extra ten points in a season.

Swift at his best isn't even Wilshere on a bad day. And I like Swift

And Wilshere on a good day?

Way too expensive for us (some idiot somewhere will probably get near 100K) but a fit Wilshere playing for us and I'd've thought we ought to be close to favourites for the league. BUT.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Oct 2020 12:53

If he could be persuaded to accept a short term deal with a review in January it might be worth consideration.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Oct 2020 13:02

Nope sorry - I'd rather we signed Gunnersaurus

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Oct 2020 13:15

URZZZZ
SCIAG Obviously a bloody good player on his day but not sure how he’d fit in with our side.

Strikes me as a fairly similar player to Swift (including all the injuries)

He plays in a more withdrawn role, more about pulling the strings than scoring or creating. For example, in his whole Arsenal career he scored 7 league goals, while Swift scored 6 just last season.

He’d be competing with Rinomhota, Laurent and Semedo. Sure he’s a great talent but with our current balance working so well, I wouldn’t want to disrupt it.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 06 Oct 2020 13:41

Think he will link up great with Danny Welbeck when he signs

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 06 Oct 2020 13:43

I'd only want us to do it if we bring in Clichy, Nasri and maybe Yaya Sanogo too

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 06 Oct 2020 17:15

As I understand it he has agreed a severance with WHU for 85% of his wages with no reclaim clause. We'd only have to pay him £15k a week to keep him in his accustomed lifestyle.
Still a bad idea though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Oct 2020 17:27

So,

Massive injury history
Plays in a position we're not short in
Likely to be huge wage demands
Not exactly the fit you'd expect for our squad
Player on a downward trajectory
Strong chance he'd underestimate the Championship
He's way more talented than our players
He's got better experience than our players.

This is the sort of signing that would scream ambition, but with the subtext Clueless.

It's a no from me.