Rumour - free agents

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Rumour - free agents

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Oct 2020 11:16

WestYorksRoyal
URZZZZ I’d perhaps take Wilshere on a pay as you play contract, as he obviously still has certain qualities

Borini is another decent player but not quite sure where he’d fit in. Too many players in recent years bought for the sake of it and not really fitted in anywhere. Would prefer a natural winger personally

I think pretty much every window we're linked with a player with a bad injury record, and somebody chimes in that they could accept a pay as you play, which never ever comes to pass.

Are there any serious precedents? Looking from Wilshere's perspective, a bigger Championship club or SPL may be bold enough to offer a proper contract based upon his undoubted ability. Our pay as you play offer wouldn't see the light of day.

i guess that pretty much falls on the player doesnt it, If he has no offers are on the table for a proper contract, then his choices are hold out untill he gets one, retire or accept a pay as you play deal.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Oct 2020 11:32

WoodleyRoyal
WestYorksRoyal
URZZZZ I’d perhaps take Wilshere on a pay as you play contract, as he obviously still has certain qualities

Borini is another decent player but not quite sure where he’d fit in. Too many players in recent years bought for the sake of it and not really fitted in anywhere. Would prefer a natural winger personally

I think pretty much every window we're linked with a player with a bad injury record, and somebody chimes in that they could accept a pay as you play, which never ever comes to pass.

Are there any serious precedents? Looking from Wilshere's perspective, a bigger Championship club or SPL may be bold enough to offer a proper contract based upon his undoubted ability. Our pay as you play offer wouldn't see the light of day.

i guess that pretty much falls on the player doesnt it, If he has no offers are on the table for a proper contract, then his choices are hold out untill he gets one, retire or accept a pay as you play deal.

I think his point would be valid in most circumstances but given the nature of what’s happened over the past few months, there’s the possibility pay as you play contracts may become more likely

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Oct 2020 12:31

Rumour we're in discussion with Rajiv Van La Parra on loan. Sounds realistic and would be a useful addition.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Oct 2020 12:38

is it a loan, reports are saying hes a free agent

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Oct 2020 12:38

Been without a club since March, after Red Star terminated his contract less than a year into a three year deal.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Oct 2020 13:31

Pepe the Horseman Been without a club since March, after Red Star terminated his contract less than a year into a three year deal.

Between Reading, Swansea and QPR apparently

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... a-19115070

29 year old Dutch winger that can also play as a striker.

Cost Red Star Belgrade 1.2m Euros in 2019 so not sure what went wrong for him out there.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Oct 2020 13:45

You're all right - it's a free & not a loan, which means no need to finalise today. He's proven at this level and I'd expect has affordable wages. Would be a good signing.

I wonder how attractive we look compared to Swansea and QPR. Top of the league, apparently Bearwood is impressing potential recruits too. But he wouldn't walk into our first XI, so if one of the others can offer him that it could be a deciding factor.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Oct 2020 14:02

tom ince rumour
Edit its not a rumour is some melt saying we should sign him

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Oct 2020 14:58

WestYorksRoyal Rumour we're in discussion with Rajiv Van La Parra on loan. Sounds realistic and would be a useful addition.

After what happened with his cousin?

His half-brother is a good player though.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Oct 2020 15:01

SCIAG
WestYorksRoyal Rumour we're in discussion with Rajiv Van La Parra on loan. Sounds realistic and would be a useful addition.

After what happened with his cousin?

Wiki tells me he's just come out of retirement. We do need a left winger :?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 16 Oct 2020 15:54

Eddie's latest:

I understand that Van La Parra is set to fly to England soon, and will hold talks with #ReadingFC. Other clubs are also interested including #QPR and #SwanseaCity.

Wilson, Wilshere, Asamoah and Watmore are all deals that the Royals have turned down at this stage.

Add Mariappa to the list of rejects. Barring any injuries or sudden changes, those players won’t be joining

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Oct 2020 16:48

morganb Eddie's latest:

I understand that Van La Parra is set to fly to England soon, and will hold talks with #ReadingFC. Other clubs are also interested including #QPR and #SwanseaCity.

Wilson, Wilshere, Asamoah and Watmore are all deals that the Royals have turned down at this stage.

Add Mariappa to the list of rejects. Barring any injuries or sudden changes, those players won’t be joining

Think I'd rather bring Obita back if this is our only option. At least he can cover LB too.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Oct 2020 16:55

morganb I understand that Van La Parra is set to fly to England soon, and will hold talks with #ReadingFC. Other clubs are also interested including #QPR and #SwanseaCity.

Isn't the International window closed and he is at Red Star Belgrade? So why would he be flying to England soon?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Oct 2020 16:58

Wycombe Royal
morganb I understand that Van La Parra is set to fly to England soon, and will hold talks with #ReadingFC. Other clubs are also interested including #QPR and #SwanseaCity.

Isn't the International window closed and he is at Red Star Belgrade? So why would he be flying to England soon?

He left Red Star in March.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Oct 2020 17:03

Pepe the Horseman
Wycombe Royal

Obviosuly he isn't important enough for someone to update his Wiki page.....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Oct 2020 18:48

Wycombe Royal
Pepe the Horseman
Wycombe Royal Isn't the International window closed and he is at Red Star Belgrade? So why would he be flying to England soon?

Obviosuly he isn't important enough for someone to update his Wiki page.....

Reading have rejected moves for Watmore, Wilshere, Mariappa and Asamoah

Rajiv van la Parra remains a possible as he is a free agent.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Oct 2020 09:33

I notice Andre Green, highly rated on football manager for what thats worth, is available on a free. Hes a winger..

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Oct 2020 11:05

NewCorkSeth I notice Andre Green, highly rated on football manager for what thats worth, is available on a free. Hes a winger..

Strange one with him, had potential at Villa to become a decent player and was given a fair few games there, including their promotion season

But didn't do much on loan last year at Preston or Charlton

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Oct 2020 11:50

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth I notice Andre Green, highly rated on football manager for what thats worth, is available on a free. Hes a winger..

Strange one with him, had potential at Villa to become a decent player and was given a fair few games there, including their promotion season

I'll be honest and admit I know nothing about him other than he was sometimes worth a buy on FM18.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Oct 2020 12:42

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

I'll be honest and admit I know nothing about him other than he was sometimes worth a buy on FM18.

That’s all right then :wink: