January window

339 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: January window

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Dec 2020 13:01

If we sell Olise I'll be having the mother of all tantrums, just fyi.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Dec 2020 13:09

Snowflake Royal If we sell Olise I'll be having the mother of all tantrums, just fyi.

Even for £40m? :?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2020 13:11

Should we have a nobbers transfer window in January? Only outgoings. Who are we letting go for good or out on loan? What fee are we looking to get? Etc etc.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Dec 2020 13:12

Hendo
Snowflake Royal If we sell Olise I'll be having the mother of all tantrums, just fyi.

Even for £40m? :?

Given how we've refused to sell less good players at any price yeah.

If he goes it won't be that high though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Dec 2020 13:13

Zip Should we have a nobbers transfer window in January? Only outgoings. Who are we letting go for good or out on loan? What fee are we looking to get? Etc etc.

Zip - Wrexham - -£50

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2020 13:17

Snowflake Royal
Zip Should we have a nobbers transfer window in January? Only outgoings. Who are we letting go for good or out on loan? What fee are we looking to get? Etc etc.

Zip - Wrexham - -£50

Thankyou my darling.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Dec 2020 13:27

Hendo
WestYorksRoyal Now there are concerning rumours about Richards if he doesn't sign a new contract, which is very understandable. His progress this season has surpassed expectations, but surely we should have been renewing the moment we let Blackett and Obita go?

I think the club are trying to work on a new deal with him as a top priority, I think I saw Eddie mention it on Twitter a few weeks ago.

Into the last year and Richard’s agent will no doubt be advising Omar that it is in his interest to at least wait to January to see what other interest there is out there.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Dec 2020 14:35

Crowbar6753 The squad is fairing up better than any of us had ever imagined, so for me it would be a specalised Left and Right Wing/Midfielder type of player to give us an option of a plan B and also to keep Meite and Ejaria on their toes.
With Laurent proving to be a huge Success i would be inclined to scour the lower leagues for Wingers for more hungry players wanting to prove thier worth.

I would still try and offload Aluko, Walker and Baldock to free up some funds.

Little chance we can offload players out of contract next summer even at zero fee - unless a team is desperate because of injuries. In any case we need the cover right now as we have a very thin squad. And Aluko has done well so far when given a chance.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Dec 2020 17:33

Sutekh
Hendo
WestYorksRoyal Now there are concerning rumours about Richards if he doesn't sign a new contract, which is very understandable. His progress this season has surpassed expectations, but surely we should have been renewing the moment we let Blackett and Obita go?

I think the club are trying to work on a new deal with him as a top priority, I think I saw Eddie mention it on Twitter a few weeks ago.

Into the last year and Richard’s agent will no doubt be advising Omar that it is in his interest to at least wait to January to see what other interest there is out there.

I'd trade making any new signings for Richards signing a new contract

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Dec 2020 00:12

Looks like Everton have joined the race for Olise, can we keep hold of him until the summer?

https://www.footballfancast.com/everton ... I.facebook

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 05 Dec 2020 00:31

windermereROYAL Looks like Everton have joined the race for Olise, can we keep hold of him until the summer?

I will be joining Snowflake in the major tantrums if we don't

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Dec 2020 09:39

bcubed
windermereROYAL Looks like Everton have joined the race for Olise, can we keep hold of him until the summer?

I can understand it though. He is great but honestly think Swift at this point in time offers as much when fit. Obvs Olise is considerably younger and I would expect to go onto much bigger things, but in the present, it'd solve the FFP, allow us to make signings and not weaken the team too much

There's no way he'll be here after next season, no way at all. Its a toughie certainly.

Richards - have to gauge now whether he'll re-sign. Then depends on what we'd get for him.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Dec 2020 10:43

£20m plus Gylfi please.

I could accept losing Olise for the right price. Losing Joao or Richards would be a disaster. The only way I’d accept losing Richards was if the fee was large enough to sign a decent replacement AND it stopped us from having to sell someone else. Otherwise we should be looking to keep hold of our players for a promotion push.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Dec 2020 11:17

Hound
bcubed

I can understand it though. He is great but honestly think Swift at this point in time offers as much when fit. Obvs Olise is considerably younger and I would expect to go onto much bigger things, but in the present, it'd solve the FFP, allow us to make signings and not weaken the team too much

There's no way he'll be here after next season, no way at all. Its a toughie certainly.

Richards - have to gauge now whether he'll re-sign. Then depends on what we'd get for him.

Which is the key really - spends too long on the injury table and it usually takes him a while to re-adjust again

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Dec 2020 11:25

he played 40 odd games last year tbf.

Hammy's always a concern though.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Dec 2020 11:34

That's the idea though

16/17 - he started on fire, got injured, poor second half of the season
17/18 - kept picking up little niggles, had a pretty awful season
Last year - started the season really well, picked up an injury for a few weeks, had a good run over Christmas, but was poor in the second half of the season

Mentioned before, you don't expect players in his position to be particularly consistent, because if he was, he'd be on to better things. My main problem with him though is that his inconsistencies aren't revolved around the odd game and instead longer periods of time
I guess it'll be interesting to see now we have a secure midfield behind him. Hopefully he can concentrate on his game, picking up the ball in pockets of space and driving forward with it, rather than trying to force the issue from deeper, which I don't think is his game primarily

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 09 Dec 2020 12:26

Any deal agreed next month should be done allowing Olise to stay with us until end of the season

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Dec 2020 13:27

loyalroyal4life

Any deal agreed next month should be done allowing Olise to stay with us until end of the season

Given the owners previous intransigence on selling anyone worth anything it might not be too much of a surprise to see Olise go for just a standard youth development fee at the end of his current deal in 2022!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Dec 2020 13:54

URZZZZ That's the idea though

Last year - started the season really well, picked up an injury for a few weeks, had a good run over Christmas, but was poor in the second half of the season

Mentioned before, you don't expect players in his position to be particularly consistent, because if he was, he'd be on to better things. My main problem with him though is that his inconsistencies aren't revolved around the odd game and instead longer periods of time
I guess it'll be interesting to see now we have a secure midfield behind him. Hopefully he can concentrate on his game, picking up the ball in pockets of space and driving forward with it, rather than trying to force the issue from deeper, which I don't think is his game primarily

yeah I wouldnt say he'll definitely come back in and be fantastic. But then Olise is not likely to be consistent for the rest of the season either

I'd be very interested to see Swift in a genuinely good team. He was very good in a pretty poor one at times last year, and even under Stam we never dominated the midfield like we have this year. With Rino and Laurent behind him he could be very good

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Dec 2020 14:11

Hound
URZZZZ That's the idea though

yeah I wouldnt say he'll definitely come back in and be fantastic. But then Olise is not likely to be consistent for the rest of the season either

I'd be very interested to see Swift in a genuinely good team. He was very good in a pretty poor one at times last year, and even under Stam we never dominated the midfield like we have this year. With Rino and Laurent behind him he could be very good

And set pieces should improve as well.

339 posts