Olise being sold for £8m?

471 posts
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Olise being sold for £8m?

by Brogue » 03 Jun 2021 10:52

would honestly be quite happy going into next season with McIntyre Morrison Holmes and a lower league bargain as our CB's. Moore can oxf*rd do one as far as I'm concerned, however, I doubt we would get much more than 3-5 mill for him. But he does not represent value for money when taking in ability v wage

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Jun 2021 10:59

Brogue would honestly be quite happy going into next season with McIntyre Morrison Holmes and a lower league bargain as our CB's. Moore can oxf*rd do one as far as I'm concerned, however, I doubt we would get much more than 3-5 mill for him. But he does not represent value for money when taking in ability v wage

Zero chance of Moore moving on, there is not a club in the country that will pay him 35k a week.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jun 2021 12:17

There's at least 1

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 03 Jun 2021 12:53

If Olise doesn't sign a new deal then we need to sell. If we could get £10m with a sell on clause of somewhere around 20% would represent excellent business.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Jun 2021 12:56

The problem with this "we need to sell" talk.

What if no one wants him this summer?

What if everyone is happy to wait for a year for him to run down his contract. It isn't like he is old or playing at a bad level. I can imagine a lot of clubs would be quite happy for him to play another year with us, get another years worth of experience and improvement and take their chances of picking him up free this time next year.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Jun 2021 13:16

Hendo The problem with this "we need to sell" talk.

What if everyone is happy to wait for a year for him to run down his contract. It isn't like he is old or playing at a bad level. I can imagine a lot of clubs would be quite happy for him to play another year with us, get another years worth of experience and improvement and take their chances of picking him up free this time next year.

With multiple clubs interested it's highly unlikely they would all sit back and wait for a year. At least one, probably more, would make a bid and once one does a war will erupt.
However much more likely is that Olise will decide to sit back, run down his contract and pocket a multimillion pound signing on fee next summer.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Jun 2021 13:27

If you wait until it expires, you're competing with multiple clubs for his signature. Get a bid accepted this summer, you may only be competing with 1 or 2 others.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Jun 2021 13:50

WestYorksRoyal

If you wait until it expires, you're competing with multiple clubs for his signature. Get a bid accepted this summer, you may only be competing with 1 or 2 others.

However as above, his agent could advise Olise to just sit and reject everything and his agent could advise the clubs of the ongoing situation.

Just posing the other side of the argument.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Jun 2021 14:10

Hendo
WestYorksRoyal

However as above, his agent could advise Olise to just sit and reject everything and his agent could advise the clubs of the ongoing situation.

Just posing the other side of the argument.

There aren’t 2 sides to the argument
There is only Olise’s side.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jun 2021 14:28

The money would be handy. But I'd rather ship out Moore and Swift for less and get a huge amount off the wage bill too, and get to watch Olise for another year and leave on a free.

Phoenix Force

by Phoenix Force » 03 Jun 2021 14:31

Except that they won't 'get him for free. He is under 24 and an academy product so we'd get some compensation (as I expect us to do for Richards too).

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Jun 2021 14:52

Neither Richards or Olise are genuine Academy products. Richards joined us at 16 having been let go by Fulham. Olise was about the same age when he joined. We’ll get a little bit of compensation but neither played for us from the cradle like Holmes and McIntyre have.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 03 Jun 2021 15:32

Nameless Neither Richards or Olise are genuine Academy products. Richards joined us at 16 having been let go by Fulham. Olise was about the same age when he joined. We’ll get a little bit of compensation but neither played for us from the cradle like Holmes and McIntyre have.

Even if Richards had been with our Academy from 6 months old, we will not get any compensation for him, as he is going abroad. Those rule only apply if both clubs are English.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 03 Jun 2021 15:48

The Royal Forester
Nameless Neither Richards or Olise are genuine Academy products. Richards joined us at 16 having been let go by Fulham. Olise was about the same age when he joined. We’ll get a little bit of compensation but neither played for us from the cradle like Holmes and McIntyre have.

Even if Richards had been with our Academy from 6 months old, we will not get any compensation for him, as he is going abroad. Those rule only apply if both clubs are English.

Incorrect, there are general rules on training compensation through FIFA that cover free transfers between clubs from different nations.

Phoenix Force

by Phoenix Force » 03 Jun 2021 22:10

The Royal Forester

I am fairly sure it is a Eufa ruling too.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Jun 2021 07:42

The Royal Forester

You can’t sign a player at 6 months.

There are various rules on compensation for young players. I believe the FA one is the most generous but there are other schemes which apply to movement countries. Not sure whether Fulham will get anything for their role in Richards’ development. Will hinge on whether you still get payment if you release a player rather than he rejects a new contract.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Jun 2021 11:24

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jun 2021 12:09

Brogue compensation detailed here https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers

So about €180k to €270k

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Jun 2021 13:45

Snowflake Royal
Brogue compensation detailed here https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers

So about €180k to €270k

Surely it’s 450k. 5 years @ 90k (given we have a Cat 1 Academy)

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 04 Jun 2021 14:15

Nameless
The Royal Forester

You can’t sign a player at 6 months.

There are various rules on compensation for young players. I believe the FA one is the most generous but there are other schemes which apply to movement countries. Not sure whether Fulham will get anything for their role in Richards’ development. Will hinge on whether you still get payment if you release a player rather than he rejects a new contract.

I seem to have got it wrong (again). Serves me right for believing what I have read on HNA, dosen't it? I am surprised (no. not really) that you can't sign a player at six months old. Wait a minute, though, how come both Holmes and McIntyre played for us since they were in the cradle?

471 posts