Olise being sold for £8m?

471 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Olise being sold for £8m?

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jun 2021 14:23

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Brogue compensation detailed here https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers

So about €180k to €270k

Surely it’s 450k. 5 years @ 90k (given we have a Cat 1 Academy)

Was thinking Olise because it's his thread. Also wasn't sure whether you'd include years in your 20s for Richards

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Jun 2021 14:55

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal So about €180k to €270k

Was thinking Olise because it's his thread. Also wasn't sure whether you'd include years in your 20s for Richards

FAir enough, unusual for us to be at cross purposes !
Compensation applies up to age 21 for the FIFA scheme I think but 24 for the FA one.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Jun 2021 14:56

:D
The Royal Forester
Nameless
The Royal Forester Even if Richards had been with our Academy from 6 months old, we will not get any compensation for him, as he is going abroad. Those rule only apply if both clubs are English.

You can’t sign a player at 6 months.

There are various rules on compensation for young players. I believe the FA one is the most generous but there are other schemes which apply to movement countries. Not sure whether Fulham will get anything for their role in Richards’ development. Will hinge on whether you still get payment if you release a player rather than he rejects a new contract.

I seem to have got it wrong (again). Serves me right for believing what I have read on HNA, dosen't it? I am surprised (no. not really) that you can't sign a player at six months old. Wait a minute, though, how come both Holmes and McIntyre played for us since they were in the cradle?

:D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jun 2021 15:31

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Nameless

FAir enough, unusual for us to be at cross purposes !
Compensation applies up to age 21 for the FIFA scheme I think but 24 for the FA one.

Ta, that's useful to know.

I knew as soon as I posted that I'd probably get a question because the compensation actually applies to Richards. Couldn't be arsed to edit and caveat it :lol:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Jun 2021 18:59

I made a post about potential compensation for Richards here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=188228&p=5052636&hilit=Compensation#p5052636

Tl;dr: no, none for Richards. However, we would be entitled to solidarity payments if he ever transfers across international lines in the future, as we are for all our former academy players.

If I have understood correctly, then we would be entitled to some compensation if Bayern signed Olise in a year’s time because he is under 23.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 Jun 2021 20:20

So - on the basis of what Eze, Bellingham, Watkins and Benrama were sold for last summer, what would we get for Olise assuming the £8m clause isn't in place.

I get all have done well this season and proved decent signings but all were unproven at top level when sold last summer and I'm convinced Olise's season/figs stack up against all 4 of them from their champ days.

We must be looking at £15m plus - but not sure how long the above were under contract having said that...,

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 05 Jun 2021 20:14

Emiliano Buendia is on the verge of joining Aston Villa for £33m from newly-promoted Norwich City. Don't know if this gives any indication of how much Olise could be worth?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 05 Jun 2021 21:39

morganb Emiliano Buendia is on the verge of joining Aston Villa for £33m from newly-promoted Norwich City. Don't know if this gives any indication of how much Olise could be worth?

About half that for Olise I would think.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Jun 2021 10:24

I may have posted this last year, but I'm not reading through every page of this thread to check.

Whilst I don't know the ins and outs of footballers contracts and how release clauses work, I imagine it's something like "You can leave if a club offer us £x after x period of time and only if that club is in a higher division than us" otherwise you risk losing a vital player you've only just signed and yes, you make a profit but have no time to replace them.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 07 Jun 2021 11:06

Mid Sussex Royal So - on the basis of what Eze, Bellingham, Watkins and Benrama were sold for last summer, what would we get for Olise assuming the £8m clause isn't in place.

I get all have done well this season and proved decent signings but all were unproven at top level when sold last summer and I'm convinced Olise's season/figs stack up against all 4 of them from their champ days.

We must be looking at £15m plus - but not sure how long the above were under contract having said that...,

For a player who is free in 11 months time?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 06 Jul 2021 20:18

About to sign for Palace, announced soon.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Jul 2021 20:46

Now Jonathan Low has jumped in and said a good source has told him that Palace met an £8m release clause. At that point I decided not to listen to him, transfer might be happening but I don't believe for a second there was an £8m release clause, seems like lazy reporting again.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 06 Jul 2021 20:57

Hoping this is true. Can’t afford to keep losing playings for nothing. Even if it’s only the rumoured £8m transfer fee its a hell of a lot better than losing him for nothing to a foreign team next year.

Not sure it will make to much change with regards to FFP but it’s a step in the right direction.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Jul 2021 20:59

He was at Palace’s training ground today

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 06 Jul 2021 21:08

It is a real shame but….. 8 million may well mean we can protect other talent like Holmes, Laurent, Meite etc any other youth that looks good. Maybe make a couple of signings and be in the green for once this year.

We still have Swift and Ejaria who can play there. It is a position we have spares for who are good.

In all reality he would have left next season for nothing. Rather this than the Loader situation.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Jul 2021 22:01

If it is a clause, then firstly really surprised he finished last season with us unless it only activated this summer but for those disappointed if so, remember this would have gone into the contract of a 17 yo with barely any minutes in the first team.

So whilst we clearly saw him as talent to invest in he may not have signed that deal then and walked away and 8m would have easily seen like a decent value esp. if only to avoid him running down his contract rather than the club getting a fee.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 06 Jul 2021 23:06

linkenholtroyal It is a real shame but….. 8 million may well mean we can protect other talent like Holmes, Laurent, Meite etc any other youth that looks good. Maybe make a couple of signings and be in the green for once this year.

We still have Swift and Ejaria who can play there. It is a position we have spares for who are good.

In all reality he would have left next season for nothing. Rather this than the Loader situation.

In isolation, it's not a terrible deal. But we've lost Richards, Meite to injury and now Olise for a few that is unlikely to end our FFP problems. This is an incredibly thin squad; let's hope management can pull some smart deals off. If they can, then I look at Olise and say no harm done.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 06 Jul 2021 23:39

If true then 8 million isn't to bad in our current financial situation. So why am i thinking and feeling really disappointed if this really is the case.
He really should be netting us north of 15 million plus a decent sell on fee in the future. I have a real feeling this is another that may well come back to haunt us in a few years time.
I guess we can point fingers at the club, but both Richards and Olise transformed themselves from U23 to great potential in such a short period of time then it was to late for the club to do anything about it. Which sucks....!!!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Jul 2021 07:33

Crowbar6753 If true then 8 million isn't to bad in our current financial situation. So why am i thinking and feeling really disappointed if this really is the case.
He really should be netting us north of 15 million plus a decent sell on fee in the future. I have a real feeling this is another that may well come back to haunt us in a few years time.
I guess we can point fingers at the club, but both Richards and Olise transformed themselves from U23 to great potential in such a short period of time then it was to late for the club to do anything about it. Which sucks....!!!

There is a lot that you can bash the club over re contracts but sticking an 8m clause in the contract of an untested 17yo doesn't feel like one of them (if it definitely exists). If anything there is a bit of bad luck that he has come to prominence after a truly excellent season and as he moves into the final year of his deal.

If the clause is there, then I am very surprised that only Palace seem interested in triggering it given it has been known about since Xmas.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Jul 2021 07:50

Stranded
Crowbar6753 If true then 8 million isn't to bad in our current financial situation. So why am i thinking and feeling really disappointed if this really is the case.

There is a lot that you can bash the club over re contracts but sticking an 8m clause in the contract of an untested 17yo doesn't feel like one of them (if it definitely exists). If anything there is a bit of bad luck that he has come to prominence after a truly excellent season and as he moves into the final year of his deal.

If the clause is there, then I am very surprised that only Palace seem interested in triggering it given it has been known about since Xmas.

Yeh this really. Still dubious about the clause otherwise everyone would be in for him. Would literally double your investment instantly.

471 posts