Rumour - Richards to Everton

307 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Richards to Everton

by SCIAG » 13 Jan 2021 12:37

We might lose McIntyre if he doesn’t get game time. He was agitating for a loan earlier in the season. Think he genuinely wants to be a professional footballer and would drop down a level if it increased his game time. Yes he’s a Reading fan but he’s also very driven and wants to have a proper career.

Contrastingly some other players like Holmes might not be so bothered about regular football and are just happy to be with the club they support. But players often have quite complex motivations.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jan 2021 14:01

What I presume is a West Han fan site (Claret and Hugh) is reporting that they (West Ham) have missed out on signing Richards as he is to sign for Bayern in a free transfer (so presumably that means a summer move) having rejected a new deal

https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers- ... sensation/

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 14 Jan 2021 21:22

Is Richards to Bayern official yet? I assume he joins them in July, and leaves us at the end of the season?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Jan 2021 16:18

Taken for a post on Twitter, there was a link to this article:

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2 ... t-transfer

With Bayern Munich set to lose David Alaba to Real Madrid this summer, the bosses need to find a replacement. Lucas Hernandez can move to the center back spot, so it seems like the club are looking for a left-back as backup for Alphonso Davies. Reading FC’s Omar Richards has been heavily linked with a transfer to Bayern, but according to kicker, Bayern are also considering Hertha Berlin youngster Luca Netz.

Why Luca Netz? Well, as per the report, the bosses are apprehensive of getting a Championship left-back with no Bundesliga level experience. Netz, on the other hand, has been getting minutes for Berlin in recent matchdays

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Jan 2021 16:22

z

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Jan 2021 18:21

morganb Taken for a post on Twitter, there was a link to this article:

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2 ... t-transfer

With Bayern Munich set to lose David Alaba to Real Madrid this summer, the bosses need to find a replacement. Lucas Hernandez can move to the center back spot, so it seems like the club are looking for a left-back as backup for Alphonso Davies. Reading FC’s Omar Richards has been heavily linked with a transfer to Bayern, but according to kicker, Bayern are also considering Hertha Berlin youngster Luca Netz.

Why Luca Netz? Well, as per the report, the bosses are apprehensive of getting a Championship left-back with no Bundesliga level experience. Netz, on the other hand, has been getting minutes for Berlin in recent matchdays

I'm glad they realised Richards is shit, too bad we don't have any other options at left back but maybe he'll sign a new contract now and any Bayern scouts lurking will come to the same conclusion.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 14 Feb 2021 20:00

I wonder if Richards was dropped yesterday because he has signed for Bayern. Perhaps the owners are a tad aggrieved.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Feb 2021 20:12

andrew1957 I wonder if Richards was dropped yesterday because he has signed for Bayern. Perhaps the owners are a tad aggrieved.

Hope the owners are having nothing to do with team selection.....

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 14 Feb 2021 21:29

andrew1957 I wonder if Richards was dropped yesterday because he has signed for Bayern. Perhaps the owners are a tad aggrieved.

He was dropped for taking two foul throws. It was in the commentary yesterday.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 14 Feb 2021 22:36

Orion1871

He was dropped to prevent Mick and Tim getting him confused with someone else. It showed in the commentary yesterday.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Feb 2021 08:56

He can f**k off.

When he started for us he was a bumbling liability and slowly became less of a liability. Now that we have suffered all that shit left back defending and he's turning into someone half good he decides to repay us by leaving on a FREE.

Let's hope he doesn't go the way of so many other players good for Reading but shit elsewhere.

Taffster

by Taffster » 15 Feb 2021 10:24

All credit to Richards if he has signed for Bayern, who can blame him for signing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Really hope he gets a good crack at it over there and isn't just a fringe player but either way it shines a great light on our academy and we should be proud of it.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Feb 2021 10:32

Taffster All credit to Richards if he has signed for Bayern, who can blame him for signing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Really hope he gets a good crack at it over there and isn't just a fringe player but either way it shines a great light on our academy and we should be proud of it.

Given that Bayern announced the signing of Dayot Upamecano yesterday I think it is safe to say that Richards hasn’t agreed to join them yet.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 15 Feb 2021 11:49

morganb
Orion1871

He was dropped to prevent Mick and Tim getting him confused with someone else. It showed in the commentary yesterday.

A lot of these players look alike. I mean they're all wearing the same clothes.

Taffster

by Taffster » 15 Feb 2021 15:42

SCIAG
Taffster All credit to Richards if he has signed for Bayern, who can blame him for signing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Really hope he gets a good crack at it over there and isn't just a fringe player but either way it shines a great light on our academy and we should be proud of it.

Given that Bayern announced the signing of Dayot Upamecano yesterday I think it is safe to say that Richards hasn’t agreed to join them yet.

Why would the two be mutually exclusive?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Feb 2021 16:53

Seems a huge and unjustified leap to make.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 Feb 2021 17:10

Taffster
SCIAG

Not that they would be "mutually exclusive" - but if Bayern announce Upamecano, it's safe to assume they would also announce Richards.

So, I will believe he has gone to Bayern when Bayern announce it.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Feb 2021 17:12

muirinho
Taffster
SCIAG Given that Bayern announced the signing of Dayot Upamecano yesterday I think it is safe to say that Richards hasn’t agreed to join them yet.

Not that they would be "mutually exclusive" - but if Bayern announce Upamecano, it's safe to assume they would also announce Richards.

So, I will believe he has gone to Bayern when Bayern announce it.

This. If he was joining Bayern we’d already know.

Felt91

by Felt91 » 15 Feb 2021 21:17

The longer it goes on the stranger it is. Surly after 6 weeks of wanting him to sign he would sign. Can’t imagine Richards demanding stupid money etc.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Feb 2021 06:45

I thought the most recent rumour was that they'd cooled their interest in Richards and are now looking at Luca Netz as he's getting starts at Hertha.

307 posts