Rumour - Muhamed Besic

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Rumour - Muhamed Besic

by Sutekh » 01 Feb 2021 21:16

Reading reported to be looking to see if they can do a deal to loan in Everton’s Mo Besic.

Besic is a 28 year old German defensive midfielder who is capped at international level by Bosnia and Herzegovina. He will be out of contract in the summer.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Muhamed Besic

by Nameless » 01 Feb 2021 21:48

Karbota will blow a fuse !

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 02 Feb 2021 10:49

Just put the following in the January Window thread - didn't realise he had his own!

morganb Everton want to terminate the contract of Muhamed Bešić. Reading we’re trying to sign the Bosnian on deadline day but couldn’t get the deal over the line.

IF Bešić agrees to terminate his contract he would become a free agent. I also believe he hasn’t trained once since Carlo Ancelotti has been at Everton. So that suggests it’s likely his contract will be terminated too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RossAftbl/st ... 5353657352

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Feb 2021 10:54

morganb Just put the following in the January Window thread - didn't realise he had his own!

morganb Everton want to terminate the contract of Muhamed Bešić. Reading we’re trying to sign the Bosnian on deadline day but couldn’t get the deal over the line.

IF Bešić agrees to terminate his contract he would become a free agent. I also believe he hasn’t trained once since Carlo Ancelotti has been at Everton. So that suggests it’s likely his contract will be terminated too.

Yiu can’t become a free agent outside the window though. Unless his contract was terminated last night he can’t be registered until the end of the season .

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Feb 2021 13:40

Nameless
morganb Just put the following in the January Window thread - didn't realise he had his own!

Yiu can’t become a free agent outside the window though. Unless his contract was terminated last night he can’t be registered until the end of the season .

In usual times this is the case but there may be a tweak to the rules currently. I know they relaxed the rule to allow a player to play for 3 clubs in a season, so possible they may have relaxed that one too - or make exceptions.

Either way, not sure he'll end up here and if he does, not before the summer.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 13 Apr 2021 13:26

Everton midfielder Mo Besic is a target for Reading this summer when his contract runs out at Goodison Park.

The Serbia international, 28, has been back on Merseyside this season after a loan at Sheffield United in 2019/20. Reading were looking at a January deal to bring him to the Madejski Stadium but could not finalise the terms before the deadline.

He will be a free agent in the summer which will make a move easier, bringing an end to his seven years at the club after arriving from Ferencváros.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/04/13/mike-mcgraths-transfer-notebook-gini-wijnaldum-gives-liverpool/

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Apr 2021 14:35

RG30
Everton midfielder Mo Besic is a target for Reading this summer when his contract runs out at Goodison Park.

The Serbia international, 28, has been back on Merseyside this season after a loan at Sheffield United in 2019/20. Reading were looking at a January deal to bring him to the Madejski Stadium but could not finalise the terms before the deadline.

He will be a free agent in the summer which will make a move easier, bringing an end to his seven years at the club after arriving from Ferencváros.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/04/13/mike-mcgraths-transfer-notebook-gini-wijnaldum-gives-liverpool/

Supposedly on £29k/week at Everton, would need to come down to probably about half that to be viable.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Apr 2021 13:56

Well cheapo frees are about all Reading will be doing in the summer (unless Swift, Joao and/or Olise are sold) so at least this is realistic - so long as the club can get someone to talk him down wage-wise.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 12 May 2021 11:14

I spotted this linked from a post on Twitter:

https://allaboutgaffr.wordpress.com/202 ... reading/2/

Basically someone is looking at Besic from the angle of how good an option he would be in a Championship fantasy football game (which I've never seen before) but provides a summary of the player. Don't know if this makes the rumours any more believable than other random snippets of info found on the internet?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 May 2021 12:44

it's a tough one this. When we played a 3 in midfield, Semedo Laurent, and Rino it didn't work out too well, someone posted the stats on the team board, and with the 3 of them in midfield, our ppg didn't make for good reading at all.

This guy is a defensive cm, would we have him sit in front of the back 4 aka the Makélélé role? with Rino and Laurent in the cm role? that's a quite defensive approach. And then there is the question of how does swift then fit into the team? do we play a diamond? Assuming Olise is still here, how does he fit in? what about Ejaria? Neither Laurent and Rino could really be classed as box to box midfielders, neither really get forward very well. So if we continue with just the 2 in cm that means either this guy, or Rino, or Laurent miss out. Considering both Rino and Laurent were the mainstay of the team and one of the shining lights of the season it doesn't sit right with me that that partnership will be broken up as it's only going to get better as they get older imo.

However, the other side of this is you can never have too many CM's... we do need a DCM and he has experience of the league and we could potentially be getting him on a free, and on reasonable wages. But... Is this guy going to want to come and sit on the bench? he's been doing that since 2014 at Everton. Personally, I would prefer we went for another young up-and-coming cm from the lower leagues like Laurent. Someone who is prepared to be a rotational player.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 04 Jun 2021 14:19

Officially left Everton now

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Jun 2021 07:13

Anyone remember what he was like for boro for the 2 seasons he was there?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 08 Jun 2021 11:09

NewCorkSeth Anyone remember what he was like for boro for the 2 seasons he was there?

From a boro friend solid but unspectacular. He is a 6-7 out of 10 every game.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2021 08:43

linkenholtroyal
NewCorkSeth Anyone remember what he was like for boro for the 2 seasons he was there?

Thats not terrible tbf.. wages obviously the big turn off here. Sure, George Evans was a 6-7 every game and cost feck all in wages.

Is it a priority position? Not to jump on any academy bandwagons but Laurent and Rinomhota could be supplemented by Tetek right?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 10 Jun 2021 11:36

NewCorkSeth
linkenholtroyal

Thats not terrible tbf.. wages obviously the big turn off here. Sure, George Evans was a 6-7 every game and cost feck all in wages.

Is it a priority position? Not to jump on any academy bandwagons but Laurent and Rinomhota could be supplemented by Tetek right?

Wages are an interesting one he will only get what clubs are willing to pay him, most the leagues in the world other than the top leagues are pulling in the purse strings and Besic is not a top division midfielder he is a solid second tier player. Obita is a prime example of this I bet none of us saw him playing at Oxford then Wycombe he is a champ level LB when fit and he had to drop down a league to get a contract that you can guarantee was nowhere near as much as he was on at Reading. we may well get more for our Money this year. I would not want to be an OOC player at the moment because unless you are a top talent you will not be getting the wages you were on.

I would not be surprised if we didnt get 3 or 4 players just on the wage Baldock was on (reported 20k pw) that are championship level. every 'big club' that would have offered top wages has financial problems and the smaller ones would not offer the wages anyway. the only 3 that would be the dream destination would be Bournemouth and the 3 relegated clubs this year as they will have money to play with.
I think a lot of the OOC players will sit and wait and still not get what they want.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Jun 2021 11:37

NewCorkSeth
linkenholtroyal

Don’t think the two are comparable, Evans was rarely more than a 5/5.5 out of 10

Besic is a decent player, hard working, decent attitude. The fact that both Pulis and Wilder liked him says enough. Believe he chips in with the odd goal too. Application sometimes off, a bit rash with decision making sometimes

Think we could do a lot worse and IMO would be an upgrade on Semedo but as you say, dependent on wages

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2021 11:57

linkenholtroyal
NewCorkSeth
linkenholtroyal From a boro friend solid but unspectacular. He is a 6-7 out of 10 every game.

Wages are an interesting one he will only get what clubs are willing to pay him, most the leagues in the world other than the top leagues are pulling in the purse strings and Besic is not a top division midfielder he is a solid second tier player. Obita is a prime example of this I bet none of us saw him playing at Oxford then Wycombe he is a champ level LB when fit and he had to drop down a league to get a contract that you can guarantee was nowhere near as much as he was on at Reading. we may well get more for our Money this year. I would not want to be an OOC player at the moment because unless you are a top talent you will not be getting the wages you were on.

I would not be surprised if we didnt get 3 or 4 players just on the wage Baldock was on (reported 20k pw) that are championship level. every 'big club' that would have offered top wages has financial problems and the smaller ones would not offer the wages anyway. the only 3 that would be the dream destination would be Bournemouth and the 3 relegated clubs this year as they will have money to play with.
I think a lot of the OOC players will sit and wait and still not get what they want.

Yeah thats a fair point.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Jun 2021 11:58

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
linkenholtroyal From a boro friend solid but unspectacular. He is a 6-7 out of 10 every game.

Don’t think the two are comparable, Evans was rarely more than a 5/5.5 out of 10

Besic is a decent player, hard working, decent attitude. The fact that both Pulis and Wilder liked him says enough. Believe he chips in with the odd goal too. Application sometimes off, a bit rash with decision making sometimes

Think we could do a lot worse and IMO would be an upgrade on Semedo but as you say, dependent on wages

Maybe I'm being unrealistic with Evans but I remember him being solid if unremarkable. Didn't play poorly often even when the team did poorly as a whole. Just didn't have the highs that both Rinomhota and Laurent have had although he did play more of an anchoring role.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jun 2021 17:27

I'd probably say Evans was a 5.5 - 6.5 player.

Rino is your quintessential 7/10 guy. Just always good, rarely spectacular.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Jun 2021 17:34

Snowflake Royal I'd probably say Evans was a 5.5 - 6.5 player.

Rino is your quintessential 7/10 guy. Just always good, rarely spectacular.

And Chris Gunter was definitely a consistent 6/10, generally if someone asked how he did you'd shrug your shoulders and say "He was alright I guess"