Rumour - Jack Tucker

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Rumour - Jack Tucker

by morganb » 24 May 2021 17:14

Gillingham are understood to have turned down two bids from Championship club Reading last January.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... de-3247936

According to whoscored.com, Jack Tucker is a 21 year-old Defender (Centre back or Right back).

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/38109 ... ack-Tucker

There appears to be a lot of interest in him from other clubs. Be interesting to see if we are in for him again - would have thought a Left back was a more pressing need though.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Jack Tucker

by Sutekh » 24 May 2021 17:34

morganb Gillingham are understood to have turned down two bids from Championship club Reading last January.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... de-3247936

According to whoscored.com, Jack Tucker is a 21 year-old Defender (Centre back or Right back).

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/38109 ... ack-Tucker

There appears to be a lot of interest in him from other clubs. Be interesting to see if we are in for him again - would have thought a Left back was a more pressing need though.

BOGOF with Conor Ogilvie.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jun 2021 13:42

Gillingham have signed central defender Max Ehmer from Bristol Rovers leading to new speculation about Reading signing Mr Tucker. To be honest unless he is obviously better than Moore, Morrison, Holmes or McIntyre I can’t see any point in him signing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jun 2021 14:48

Sutekh Gillingham have signed central defender Max Ehmer from Bristol Rovers leading to new speculation about Reading signing Mr Tucker. To be honest unless he is obviously better than Moore, Morrison, Holmes or McIntyre I can’t see any point in him signing.

MM prob one season left in him, potentially still trying to offload Moore

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jun 2021 14:49

Hound
Sutekh Gillingham have signed central defender Max Ehmer from Bristol Rovers leading to new speculation about Reading signing Mr Tucker. To be honest unless he is obviously better than Moore, Morrison, Holmes or McIntyre I can’t see any point in him signing.

MM prob one season left in him, potentially still trying to offload Moore

TMc still not confirmed yet either.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Jun 2021 16:22

5 centre backs would be optimal surely ? If there are no Academy grads ready to do a Holmes then adding a cheap 5th is not daft. All of the current 4 missed games through injury last season and towards the end both Morrison and Tom Mc were missing at the same time.
It's not where I'd spend the majority of the budget and I'd probably prefer a left back who could also play CB rather than a CB who could play RB.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Jun 2021 09:44

We’d be crackers not to sign him.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 18 Jun 2021 10:03

All gone quiet on the pressing need for a LB.It always amazes me when everything is left to the last minute; only the really well structured clubs seem to get their business done early. As usual we will be doing a lot of who blinks first,and last minute loan deals.Feel sorry for TMc.Likely he has been offered a very poor deal and now no doubt his agent is touting around for something better in a very difficult market.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 18 Jun 2021 10:07

Westwood52 All gone quiet on the pressing need for a LB.It always amazes me when everything is left to the last minute; only the really well structured clubs seem to get their business done early. As usual we will be doing a lot of who blinks first,and last minute loan deals.Feel sorry for TMc.Likely he has been offered a very poor deal and now no doubt his agent is touting around for something better in a very difficult market.

Agree - feel sorry for TMc and professional footballers in general - they have to live on a pittance while the rest of us lord it over them living on the minimum wage or zero hours contract. My heart bleeds. Puts all those people's complaints who have lost their job due to COVID really into perspective.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Jun 2021 10:43

Westwood52 All gone quiet on the pressing need for a LB.It always amazes me when everything is left to the last minute; only the really well structured clubs seem to get their business done early. As usual we will be doing a lot of who blinks first,and last minute loan deals.Feel sorry for TMc.Likely he has been offered a very poor deal and now no doubt his agent is touting around for something better in a very difficult market.

There have only been 23 signings made by Championship clubs so far this summer :| We're one of 13 clubs, so more than half the league, not to make a signing yet.

It isn't like we're getting left behind...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Jun 2021 11:45

I'm actually quite glad we don't conduct our transfer business on social media or the back pages of the press. Don't see the point of the club making announcements unless there's something definite to say. We really don't need another Tommy Smith situation.

Deals are very rarely last minute in the summer transfer window, they just take time to finalise.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 18 Jun 2021 12:39

Royalwaster

Agree - feel sorry for TMc and professional footballers in general - they have to live on a pittance while the rest of us lord it over them living on the minimum wage or zero hours contract. My heart bleeds. Puts all those people's complaints who have lost their job due to COVID really into perspective.

Fair comment.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jun 2021 12:41

Nameless 5 centre backs would be optimal surely ? If there are no Academy grads ready to do a Holmes then adding a cheap 5th is not daft. All of the current 4 missed games through injury last season and towards the end both Morrison and Tom Mc were missing at the same time.
It's not where I'd spend the majority of the budget and I'd probably prefer a left back who could also play CB rather than a CB who could play RB.

Did Dorsett stay or go, he's been hovering round the edges?

Given Yiadom and Araruna's injury record and Holmes ability at RB, a CB isn't a bad shout, but agree an LB is more important.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Jun 2021 17:02

Suspect you are a fair way from the truth there re TomMc. Don’t think he’s been offered a poor deal and is more likely to be having to fight off interest than tout himself round. It’s not at all a difficult market for young, talented players available for nothing. I have no doubt a local Premiership club will have been in touch at some point as he’d fit their recruitment profile perfectly.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Jun 2021 20:56

Can’t we have him on trial ?

A jacktucker trial

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 19 Jun 2021 10:56

Top clubs may wait till the Euros end so the trickle down will be delayed.
Can't see the Tucker rumours being put to bed anytime soon.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Jun 2021 06:02

TMc deal likely to be announced this week 3 year contract. Turned down WBA allegedly to stay.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 Jun 2021 10:54

Papers saying Portsmouth have offered 200k

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Jun 2021 09:55

Brogue Papers saying Portsmouth have offered 200k

Well if you believe Get Reading, we aren't allowed to pay a fee for anyone at the moment, so even 200k will be beyond us.

Chairman Mao
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Chairman Mao » 21 Jun 2021 10:31

no actual purchases allowed, but the transfer embargo has lots of caveats - its quite a soft "embargo" as i see it

The embargo continues to allow Royals to sign players on a free transfer or on loan, but the club is not allowed to spend any money on transfer fees and players' wages must be sensible.
Clubs can also show that there is a bona fide need to strengthen and that there is room within the squad to add players.
For instance, as things stand, Reading only have four senior defenders contracted to the club for next season, so they would be allowed reinforcements in this area.
The senior squad at Reading currently stands at 18.
Clubs under embargo are allowed to add to the squad where they have fewer than 23 established players. that does not include academy players under 21.

i guess if there is a big sale, we may also be allowed to spend a small portion of that money on someone
and we can always work around it with some creative loan deal accountancy too