Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Kyle Edwards

by Hendo » 13 Jul 2021 15:58

Hound
RoyalBlue
Hendo
Sounds like Joao :)

Great case in point.

bit harsh on Joao - he did it about 20 times last season. Just fell away at the end

My comment was merely in relation to Sheff Wed fans telling us how he has 1 good game in 5.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jul 2021 16:00

Hendo
Hound
RoyalBlue
Great case in point.

bit harsh on Joao - he did it about 20 times last season. Just fell away at the end

My comment was merely in relation to Sheff Wed fans telling us how he has 1 good game in 5.

ah sorry, I get you. The famous ' thats what Sheff Weds fans warned us about....'

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Jul 2021 16:03

Hound
Hendo
Hound

ah sorry, I get you. The famous ' thats what Sheff Weds fans warned us about....'

'zactly.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jul 2021 11:45

Lol. Bournemouth want him. Obviously.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Jul 2021 12:25

NewCorkSeth Lol. Bournemouth want him. Obviously.

Is their scouting department just 1 guy who hides in a bush outside Bearwood?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Jul 2021 12:27

tidus_mi2

Scarily similar to what I tweeted..

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Jul 2021 12:53

NewCorkSeth
tidus_mi2

Scarily similar to what I tweeted..

I have been on Twitter this morning so it might have been a subconscious thing.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Jul 2021 13:06

Hendo
Hound
RoyalBlue
Great case in point.

As was mine!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 15 Jul 2021 13:07

tidus_mi2

Has Jacob South Klein turned traitor?! :shock:

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 25 Jul 2021 23:10

Well we're not getting Kyle Edwards

https://twitter.com/therealedwardo/stat ... 2256741379

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to @ReadingFC
for the pre season experience. Unfortunately couldn’t get pen to paper due the current situation. A great club with great people wish them all the best for the season

Does that seem like we wanted him but couldn't afford him? Or, we didn't want him, but hye's just pleading financial restrictions stopped the deal...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Jul 2021 07:12

muirinho Well we're not getting Kyle Edwards

for the pre season experience. Unfortunately couldn’t get pen to paper due the current situation. A great club with great people wish them all the best for the season

Does that seem like we wanted him but couldn't afford him? Or, we didn't want him, but hye's just pleading financial restrictions stopped the deal...

Reads like the latter to me. Nothing doing move on with no face lost.

Of course the resident Twitter fans are going ballistic about it saying how it shows how screwed we are despite saying how poor he looked just days ago.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jul 2021 08:22

Possibly another club in for him and so signed there due to the uncertainty

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 26 Jul 2021 09:22

We can only sign players for a year as I understand it, leaves us in a poor position to sign someone like him

We are looking at journeymen at the end of their careers or released youngsters like Onen last season...

Hopefully we can get lucky somewhere but doesn't look good

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 26 Jul 2021 11:02

Stranded
muirinho Well we're not getting Kyle Edwards

Reads like the latter to me. Nothing doing move on with no face lost.

Of course the resident Twitter fans are going ballistic about it saying how it shows how screwed we are despite saying how poor he looked just days ago.

Only if the latter and not FFP you surely would've expected us to be signing players by now. Our squad lacked depth last season. This season it lacks players!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Jul 2021 12:12

Not the end of the world we've missed the boat on him. He could with more game time have been a good player but wasn't overly convinced in the pre season games.

I'm more worried if the EFL won't even let us sign free agents. We've hardly got any players! They really don't like us do they. Especially if they allow Derby to sign 5 players

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jul 2021 14:59

Royal_jimmy I'm more worried if the EFL won't even let us sign free agents. We've hardly got any players! They really don't like us do they. Especially if they allow Derby to sign 5 players

Yes, really don’t get the Derby situation, how many times above the market valuation did they sell their ground to their owner for yet they don’t seem to have fallen foul for that. Perhaps if Mr Dai had done a similar overpriced purchase Reading would have been better off. Or am I missing something in it all?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jul 2021 18:01

Sutekh
Royal_jimmy I'm more worried if the EFL won't even let us sign free agents. We've hardly got any players! They really don't like us do they. Especially if they allow Derby to sign 5 players

Yes, really don’t get the Derby situation, how many times above the market valuation did they sell their ground to their owner for yet they don’t seem to have fallen foul for that. Perhaps if Mr Dai had done a similar overpriced purchase Reading would have been better off. Or am I missing something in it all?

They're likely fooked this season, but I don't think they got found guilty of anything on the actual value of the stadium.

As for them signing players, they were down to much lower numbers than us so it's from a lower base.

If they've got Baldock and Aluko for two thirds or half what we were paying them, then hard to see the problem with the signings (other than quality)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jul 2021 21:46

Have they actually signed anyone yet? Thought they were in much the same boat as us waiting for the efl to tell them what they can do

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 26 Jul 2021 23:13

Mid Sussex Royal We can only sign players for a year as I understand it, leaves us in a poor position to sign someone like him

We are looking at journeymen at the end of their careers or released youngsters like Onen last season...

Completely get the rule about only being able to get free agents, but the rule about only being able to sign them for a year is pants. Clubs should be able to sign them for more than 1 year so long as the wage is sensible. After all, isn’t that a more sustainable approach?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Jul 2021 23:59

Notts Royal
Mid Sussex Royal We can only sign players for a year as I understand it, leaves us in a poor position to sign someone like him

Completely get the rule about only being able to get free agents, but the rule about only being able to sign them for a year is pants. Clubs should be able to sign them for more than 1 year so long as the wage is sensible. After all, isn’t that a more sustainable approach?

Completely in agreement. I think the EFL should take it on a case by case basis. If wages are within a sensible structure then what's the problem