left back formally of Newcastle Sheff wed and Watford, on trial

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/readi ... ay-player/

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Achraf Lazaar

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Jul 2021 12:59

Brogue left back formally of Newcastle Sheff wed and Watford, on trial

He's not exactly had the most productive last 5 years, obviously would be the cheap option at LB we are looking for but it doesn't fill me with much confidence.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jul 2021 13:22

tidus_mi2
Brogue left back formally of Newcastle Sheff wed and Watford, on trial

He's not exactly had the most productive last 5 years, obviously would be the cheap option at LB we are looking for but it doesn't fill me with much confidence.

29 year old Moroccan international with an Italian passport as he grew up in Italy. Can also play in midfield. Joined Newcastle in 2016 and in that time has played just 14 league games in England (5 at Newcastle, 4 at Sheff Wed on loan and 5 at Watford after he signed for them in a short term deal in February 2021. No goals but does have 2 goals and 18 apps to show for 2 loan stints in Italy in the last 5 years.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 14 Jul 2021 13:25

Am I the only one that thinks his name sounds like another way of saying Abra Kadabra. just reminds me of it for some reason. other than that he is a Left Back that is likely not to be demanding massive wages due to his lack of game time in the last 5 years, not my first choice but does give the likes of Bristow and Samuels a chance to challenge him.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Jul 2021 13:47

5 games for a promotion winning side this year ? Could be worse....

frano

by frano » 14 Jul 2021 14:20

Sheffield Wed mate saw him play twice when on loan at Hillsborough. Said he was very impressive but picked up lengthy injury after just a few games.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jul 2021 14:44

Can't pretend to know anything about him

sign him up if he's any good, otherwise move on to the next one

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jul 2021 17:29

Would prefer someone with more playing experience.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Jul 2021 09:01

I'm up for trialling players before offering them contracts and think it's sensible. But surely we should take more trialists on who are free agents than we are. They'll get game time and the manager can see if they'll add to the squad.

What if the ones that we have aren't up to it? Otherwise we have to take a punt on signings with a pre-season wasted to find the right characters and talents to supplement the squad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jul 2021 09:19

there may be plenty of others in training that we don't know about tbf.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jul 2021 09:22

Royal_jimmy I'm up for trialling players before offering them contracts and think it's sensible. But surely we should take more trialists on who are free agents than we are. They'll get game time and the manager can see if they'll add to the squad.

What if the ones that we have aren't up to it? Otherwise we have to take a punt on signings with a pre-season wasted to find the right characters and talents to supplement the squad.

Players need to want to come for a trial first plus it will be a balance between bringing in players against giving a chance to one of our younger players. Lazaar may be a perfect fit or he may just end up stopping one of our kids becoming the next star.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 15 Jul 2021 09:47

Snowflake Royal Would prefer someone with more playing experience.

I think this is going to be a 'beggars can't be choosers' situation.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jul 2021 09:57

like Kyle Edwards?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jul 2021 09:59

Hound

like Kyle Edwards?

Or Bolasie?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jul 2021 10:51

Stranded
Royal_jimmy I'm up for trialling players before offering them contracts and think it's sensible. But surely we should take more trialists on who are free agents than we are. They'll get game time and the manager can see if they'll add to the squad.

Players need to want to come for a trial first plus it will be a balance between bringing in players against giving a chance to one of our younger players. Lazaar may be a perfect fit or he may just end up stopping one of our kids becoming the next star.

I think also,with this being pre season training, no point flooding the training camp with trialists when you are looking to build for the new season. I'd also like to think that the club had the foresight for there to have been an element of scouting done beforehand.

These are all players we should know about and, knowing our situation in advance, have some interest in. Invite them in for a week, see how they gel and make a decision from there.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jul 2021 11:06

Hound

like Kyle Edwards?

Edwards is 23, was in the PL last season and has made 10+21 appearances in the last two seasons.

Lazaar is 29, was in the Championship last season and has made 2+3 appearances in the last two seasons in the UK.

So yeah, Edwards has made more appearances, hell he made as many in the PL last season as Lazaar did in the Chump. And he's 6 years younger.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jul 2021 11:08

Hendo
Hound

like Kyle Edwards?

Or Bolasie?

Edwards is 9 years younger and therefore not a aged former starlet who failed and is dwindling.

It's really not that hard to understand is it?

Bolasie seems more of an Aluko than Laurent.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jul 2021 11:18

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Hound
like Kyle Edwards?

Or Bolasie?

Edwards is 9 years younger and therefore not a aged former starlet who failed and is dwindling.

FTR Bolasie is 32, and will be for the whole season so isn't that old, played 15 out of a possible 20 games for 'Boro last season, scoring 3 goals and getting 4 assists. I'd say if he can repeat that, he'd do alright for us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jul 2021 11:27

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Or Bolasie?

FTR Bolasie is 32, and will be for the whole season so isn't that old, played 15 out of a possible 20 games for 'Boro last season, scoring 3 goals and getting 4 assists. I'd say if he can repeat that, he'd do alright for us.

It's not that old, but I'd say it's the beginning of the end, 32/33/34 it's definitely twilight.

Wingers usually need pace, and that will be dropping off. Injury is more of a problem and wingers tend to take knocks. Recovery is more of a problem. And I'm far from convinced of the view he'd be cheap.

It's just a bit lazy and childish to try to use two other players that I've given an opinion on for different reasons to try to make me look like a hypocrite on this one.

And I think Hound, and you, are better than that.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jul 2021 11:45

What other LBs are there available on a free who would take a 1 year contract? We need to at least take a look.

Yeah, we could try Bristow but what if he's the only option we've got and sinks instead of swimming? He's great as an option but I wouldn't want to place the responsibility of being first choice for the whole season on his shoulders