George Puscas To Be Loaned Out

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: George Puscas To Be Loaned Out

by Zip » 24 Jul 2021 00:15

Mid Sussex Royal If this is true (and it probably isn't as it's Low, who has no contacts at the club) then its madness.

Joao is injury prone and already injured in pre-season so if Puscas goes we start the season with no fit strikers with any first team experience

Utter madness to loan him out. We would be totally reliant on an injury prone Joao who was hopelessly out of form in the last three months of the season. We are in a real mess.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Jul 2021 16:54

Looks like this may have been the other way round with the club saying no to the loan move. Makes sense now particularly as we didn't let him play for Romania in the olympics.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 25 Jul 2021 19:07

From Despair To Where?
JimmytheJim
From Despair To Where? Most sources I've seen suggest he's on £13,000 - £16,000 p/w

Football Manager?

Salary sport.com reckons £16,000

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/reading/

Footballleaguefc.com reckons £13,000

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballleaguefc.com/reading-fc-2019-20-player-wages/

And capology.com reckon £13,077

https://www.capology.com/club/reading/salaries/

At least I try to provide evidence to support what I'm saying, but by all means, you stick with FM.

I cant vouch for their accuracy but if all 3 are landing in the same ballpark, I'd imagine they're not too wide of the mark.

I was being facetious. I apologise.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 26 Jul 2021 11:52

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Jul 2021 13:13

Looks like a permanent move if true. Hope we don't accept a paltry offer

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 26 Jul 2021 13:58

Royal_jimmy Looks like a permanent move if true. Hope we don't accept a paltry offer

Yup makes sense to cash in whilst his stock is relatively high, and he’s not 1st choice. £5m we should be looking for; doubt we’ll get it though

Def need to replace though. Baldock?!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Jul 2021 14:48

Certainly makes more sense to sell than to loan out, even if it does leave us short handed.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 26 Jul 2021 14:50

Notts Royal
Royal_jimmy Looks like a permanent move if true. Hope we don't accept a paltry offer

Yup makes sense to cash in whilst his stock is relatively high, and he’s not 1st choice. £5m we should be looking for; doubt we’ll get it though

Def need to replace though. Baldock?!

Wasn't his original fee £5 million with another £3 million in instalments I am assuming we would majorly be losing out here. the only thing is that he is off the wage bill and we can pay off any fee left but we still have to replace him and championship attackers don't come cheap wages wise 13-16k a week is not a lot for a good championship striker.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 26 Jul 2021 15:01

To everyone saying mismanagement, how can we not get a fee, we paid 6m for him 2 years ago.

Even if this story doesnt come true, we are a club that is a complete basket case financially, and have been for about 3 years. Eventually that comes home to roost and you sell all your assets at fire sale prices in order to avoid points deductions or even bigger fines.

This is probably what we are doing. Like Pompey had to. Its not mismanagement now, it was mismanagement for the last 3 years, which is now being attempted to be rectified before events are taken out of our hands.

Read the RFC accounts threads, read the Swiss Ramble tweets about Reading. Read them and understand them!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jul 2021 15:07

Good player but does not fit into the system and VP shows no desire to change the style of system to suit therefore makes sense to try and recruit a million or two if he can be sold as all he’ll get here is a sub appearance struggle due to the system

Personally I’d change the system to suit (esp. given the injury problems) but then I wouldn’t be playing this dreary one tempo possession ball that so many clubs seem to think is the way to go in the first place.

Chairman Mao
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Chairman Mao » 26 Jul 2021 16:53

^^^^this

billybraggsbeard

by billybraggsbeard » 26 Jul 2021 16:58

I must be missing something here but think he is very over rated. When he can be arsed he plays well and contributes but that is generally about one game in six, and i do appreciate that we don't always play to his strengths. He has also had a lot of injuries for a relatively young guy. The figures I had seen for his salary were £13.5k a week. Also think he signed a 5 year contract so we still have him for three more years

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Jul 2021 17:05

billybraggsbeard I must be missing something here but think he is very over rated. When he can be arsed he plays well and contributes but that is generally about one game in six, and i do appreciate that we don't always play to his strengths. He has also had a lot of injuries for a relatively young guy. The figures I had seen for his salary were £13.5k a week. Also think he signed a 5 year contract so we still have him for three more years

I agree - think it would be good business to be able to sell him and bring in someone cheaper as we really need some wriggle room to sign players we REALLY want and need, rather than expensive players to keep on the bench.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jul 2021 17:49

Royalwaster
billybraggsbeard I must be missing something here but think he is very over rated. When he can be arsed he plays well and contributes but that is generally about one game in six, and i do appreciate that we don't always play to his strengths. He has also had a lot of injuries for a relatively young guy. The figures I had seen for his salary were £13.5k a week. Also think he signed a 5 year contract so we still have him for three more years

I agree - think it would be good business to be able to sell him and bring in someone cheaper as we really need some wriggle room to sign players we REALLY want and need, rather than expensive players to keep on the bench.

At that wage he isn't expensive, it's more a question of fee and his lack of fit.

We won't find much in the way of a replacement for the same value, at less than his incoming fee and certainly not for free.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 26 Jul 2021 18:04

Royalwaster

What makes you think the EFL will allow us to bring someone in?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 26 Jul 2021 19:55

The Royal Forester
Royalwaster

So many people on here still under the assumption we will be wheeling and dealing.

All the transfers will be in one direction. We've made multi million losses year on year despite selling every thing that could be sold no playing squad wise.

We've run out of physical assets to sell and all we have left is players. I guess some people just refuse to understand what making 40m losses in a single year means, PRE covid.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Jul 2021 20:33

If we sell Puscas and don’t bring in a decent replacement then I fear for our chances next season. We will be almost totally reliant on Joao who isn’t even fit yet

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jul 2021 13:35

Zip If we sell Puscas and don’t bring in a decent replacement then I fear for our chances next season. We will be almost totally reliant on Joao who isn’t even fit yet

So, it’ll be like last season then as even when Puscas wasn’t injured he was rarely getting to start games even when Joao was sidelined or just out of form. Would agree definitely need that spare striker though but that’s apparent even before Puscas leaving. Reckon Reading could well end up signing free agents after the window closes …

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jul 2021 15:53

Greatwesternline
The Royal Forester
Royalwaster

So many people on here still under the assumption we will be wheeling and dealing.

All the transfers will be in one direction. We've made multi million losses year on year despite selling every thing that could be sold no playing squad wise.

We've run out of physical assets to sell and all we have left is players. I guess some people just refuse to understand what making 40m losses in a single year means, PRE covid.

What makes you think we won’t be bringing players in ?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 27 Jul 2021 16:59

Nameless
Greatwesternline
The Royal Forester What makes you think the EFL will allow us to bring someone in?

What makes you think we won’t be bringing players in ?

I can sum that up quickly - EFL.