Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Baba Rahman

by Hendo » 27 Aug 2021 17:03

Yeah, this is oxf*rd wild.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 17:08

Good signing for us. If fit he's an upgrade on Richards from last season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2021 17:10

8) Have we ever signed a Baba, Junior or Alen before?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Aug 2021 17:11

Clearly the biggest transfer news of the day

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 17:11

According to ITK Eddie 2 more signings coming up. Would guess the striker from Brighton is one of them.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Aug 2021 17:13

NathStPaul Good signing for us. If fit he's an upgrade on Richards from last season.

:|

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Aug 2021 17:43

NathStPaul According to ITK Eddie 2 more signings coming up. Would guess the striker from Brighton is one of them.

Hmm interesting

I’d be delighted with the Brighton lad. It’s looking like a productive window despite the restrictions and no real excuse once they’ve settle to not give it a good go this season

Expect the other is Besic - experienced DM

(Shame none of them will be here next year but can worry about that then)

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 17:44

Hound
NathStPaul According to ITK Eddie 2 more signings coming up. Would guess the striker from Brighton is one of them.

Hmm interesting

I’d be delighted with the Brighton lad. It’s looking like a productive window despite the restrictions and no real excuse once they’ve settle to not give it a good go this season

Any excuses for Paunovic being hamstrung by lack of options is certainly over now, pressure is well and truly on.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Aug 2021 17:48

Hound

Hmm interesting

Eddie said both loans, so would rule out Besic, unless he's got it wrong.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2021 17:49

Hound

Hmm interesting

Yes those are the two I would expect and if things go well perhaps one or two will remain at the club next season. With six incomings overall I do wonder if there will be a sting in the tail. Swift? Puscas? I dunno.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 17:51

Zip
Hound

Hmm interesting

Yes those are the two I would expect and if things go well perhaps one or two will remain at the club next season. With six incomings overall I do wonder if there will be a sting in the tail. Swift? Puscas? I dunno.

Saw something on Twitter relating to Azeez and Liverpool. You'd hope they'd send him back on loan though.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Aug 2021 17:52

Pepe the Horseman
Hound

Hmm interesting

Time to bring back out the annual Lewis Baker speculation?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Aug 2021 18:00

NathStPaul
Zip
Hound
Hmm interesting

Saw something on Twitter relating to Azeez and Liverpool. You'd hope they'd send him back on loan though.

Just seen this too. FFS

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Aug 2021 18:07

Zip
NathStPaul
Zip

Just seen this too. FFS

Would this be the rumour that Liverpool are willing to offer a 20 year old with 4 Championship appearances £75k a week? :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Aug 2021 18:09

WestYorksRoyal
Pepe the Horseman
Hound
Hmm interesting

Don't tease

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 27 Aug 2021 18:13

Purely because of injuries I’m not sure if Baba was actually a sensible signing to make. We realistically need someone who can play 40 games a season in his position and Baba has barely played that many over last six years combined. Hopefully his injuries are behind him as no one can doubt his quality or player profile otherwise.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Aug 2021 18:16

TiagoIlori Purely because of injuries I’m not sure if Baba was actually a sensible signing to make. We realistically need someone who can play 40 games a season in his position and Baba has barely played that many over last six years combined. Hopefully his injuries are behind him as no one can doubt his quality or player profile otherwise.

If we can get 25 games out of him with Bristow as his understudy I will be delighted. The signing would be well worth it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Aug 2021 18:21

TiagoIlori Purely because of injuries I’m not sure if Baba was actually a sensible signing to make. We realistically need someone who can play 40 games a season in his position and Baba has barely played that many over last six years combined. Hopefully his injuries are behind him as no one can doubt his quality or player profile otherwise.

I don't think you can ever expect anyone to play 40 games. As said, if we get 25 to 30 out if him and Bristow improves by learning from him then it's been worthwhile.

Can't underestimate the fact that Yiadom & Baba have played together for Ghana, should help bring the best out of him too.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Aug 2021 18:22

Pepe the Horseman
WestYorksRoyal
Pepe the Horseman Eddie said both loans, so would rule out Besic, unless he's got it wrong.

Don't tease

Well, we are apparently in talks with Chelsea over a midfielder. So only likely targets are Baker, Drinkwater or Barkley.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 27 Aug 2021 18:27

Stranded
Pepe the Horseman
WestYorksRoyal Time to bring back out the annual Lewis Baker speculation?

Don't tease

Well, we are apparently in talks with Chelsea over a midfielder. So only likely targets are Baker, Drinkwater or Barkley.

Can’t see the latter two coming here.