George Puscas leaving?

791 posts
hughsies no.1

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by hughsies no.1 » 28 Jan 2022 09:22

Need to get him off the books for FFP - if he goes a replacement will come in

Certainly hasn't lacked effort or desire just sadly hasn't worked out for him - mainly because we haven't played a system that suits him.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 28 Jan 2022 09:37

Blimey, would be a massive shame to lose him.
We'd probably have lost over half our games and be on the edge of relegation were it not for his goals this season.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 28 Jan 2022 09:43

Hendo
Coppells Lost Coat
Hound
It really would. Even if Joao stays fit - whats the alternative to him if need to change things? Azeez out for a while, be a huge risk to rely on Meite. So its 18 year old Jahmari Clarke :cry:

No serious team relies on only 2 fit strikers. When was the last time we genuinely had 3 fit strikers? March?
Only a joke of a team would sell half of their available strike force who are in a relegation battle.
So......Puscas is going to leave isn't he....

We had 3 fit strikers available 6 days ago :|

Are you including youth team players...then we would have about 6 fit strikers. Problem solved.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jan 2022 09:47

Hound
Zip If Carroll is joining WBA then it would be idiotic to loan out Puscas given Joao’s injury record.

It really would. Even if Joao stays fit - whats the alternative to him if need to change things? Azeez out for a while, be a huge risk to rely on Meite. So its 18 year old Jahmari Clarke :cry:

It's ok, we're using what signings we can make on a 19 year old goalkeeper and centreback.

Rather than to replace the two strikers we're losing, have a third fullback who is capable at this level or sign a single dedicated defensive midfielder.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jan 2022 09:53

Coppells Lost Coat
Hendo
Coppells Lost Coat
No serious team relies on only 2 fit strikers. When was the last time we genuinely had 3 fit strikers? March?
Only a joke of a team would sell half of their available strike force who are in a relegation battle.
So......Puscas is going to leave isn't he....

Are you including youth team players...then we would have about 6 fit strikers. Problem solved.

No, I am including Clarke who has played quite often as a striker and scored his first professional goal(s).

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 28 Jan 2022 09:54

Hendo
Coppells Lost Coat
Hendo

No, I am including Clarke who has played quite often as a striker and scored his first professional goal(s).

Ideally I would like us to get safe ASAP and give Clarke a lot of minutes on the pitch, feel like we might need him a lot next season and he needs experience.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jan 2022 09:56

NathStPaul
Hendo
Coppells Lost Coat

Ideally I would like us to get safe ASAP and give Clarke a lot of minutes on the pitch, feel like we might need him a lot next season and he needs experience.

Yeah, that would be ideal. If we could get safe with 3/4 games to go, I'd start him in all of them, get him as much experience as possible.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Jan 2022 10:24

I don't mind Puscas leaving but I sure as hell hope the club have a replacement lined up or a huge supply of cotton wool and bubble for Joao and Meite.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 28 Jan 2022 10:26

Read that WBA might send Jordan Hugill back to Norwich. Wonder if getting him in on loan is doable?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jan 2022 10:31

NathStPaul Read that WBA might send Jordan Hugill back to Norwich. Wonder if getting him in on loan is doable?

Wages may prove to be too high for what we can offer at the moment, but I would certainly take him. That seems far too sensible though for ourselves.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 28 Jan 2022 10:35

YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul Read that WBA might send Jordan Hugill back to Norwich. Wonder if getting him in on loan is doable?

Wages may prove to be too high for what we can offer at the moment, but I would certainly take him. That seems far too sensible though for ourselves.

Would depend on the player and Norwich I guess. If we could get it approved by the EFL to pay half wages it could be possible for 5 months. We have just got 20k a week off the wage bill thanks to Rafael's departure, might help.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2022 10:35

Don't think Norwich will take him back from what i heard. No option to send back, and WBA picking up his wages currently

so we'd somehow need WBA to subsidise the wages rather than Norwich

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 28 Jan 2022 10:51

NathStPaul
YorkshireRoyal99

Would depend on the player and Norwich I guess. If we could get it approved by the EFL to pay half wages it could be possible for 5 months. We have just got 20k a week off the wage bill thanks to Rafael's departure, might help.

I think we can still only offer so much anyway. I've seen different figurers quoted in the summer but I believe it's somewhere between £6-8k a week that we can offer players. I'd imagine his wages are at bare minimum £15k, probably somewhere between £20-25k if I was to guess so I'm not even sure if we'd be able to afford half of his wages.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Jan 2022 11:10

This all sounds like a rehash of an old story from an Italian journo.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jan 2022 11:25

Pisa apparently made a loan deal offer for Puscas on Tuesday which both club and player rejected. A deal is not close........

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Jan 2022 11:31

Twitter saying both club and player have turned down move (made 3 days ago)

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 28 Jan 2022 11:38

Hendo
Coppells Lost Coat
Hendo

Fair enough, I still see Clarke as a youth player stepping up, like I dont see Ashcroft as a our 2nd RB.....it makes no sense i know. So I only recognise 2 fit CF plus youth. I stick to my original comment, we cant offload 50% of your fit strike force with a few days left in the window with no real money or wages to replace them.

Hopefully like u say, we'll be in a position for Clarke to get an extended run of games on better circumstances to see what he is really capable of.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 31 Jan 2022 17:20

Looks like this could now happen.

Doing the rounds on Twitter.

Loan deal with an obligation to buy of €5m should Pisa get promoted (they are currently 2nd) and with 20% sell-on clause to boot.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Jan 2022 17:21

Hendo Looks like this could now happen.

Doing the rounds on Twitter.

Loan deal with an obligation to buy of €5m should Pisa get promoted (they are currently 2nd) and with 20% sell-on clause to boot.

Just the loan deal, then :wink:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Jan 2022 17:21

He can Pisa off!

791 posts