George Puscas leaving?

791 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by paultheroyal » 17 May 2022 23:49

Snowflake Royal Whoopsie Paul, you've managed to get people to agree with me. That's how enormously stupid your post was.

And now you're trying to justify it. Have you, by any chance, suffered recent head trauma? You're a pain in the arse, but you're not normally monumentally stupid.

Seriously what are you babbling on about.

I’ve offered an opinion. Then turns out club are offering a deal. I might be wrong, I might be right, but my advice to you is best you pause your views to see what actually happens. Nothing ridiculous at all in what I said. It could actually happen.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 May 2022 06:47

The club are catagorically not going to offer Swift £40k a week, which is what you suggested. That would be madness. It's that sort of financial fcukwittery that's got us where we are.

And if nothing else, If I was Josh Laurent and the club came back to me with £8k a week because they'd offered Swift £40k, I'd be thinking "Fcuk that."

The EFL would probably have something to say about it too.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 May 2022 08:01

We dont know what Swift is on, we dont know what Puscas is on - but if management believe Swift is vital to our stability on the pitch and improving performances, absolutely no reason why he wont be offered a sizeable wage improvement.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 May 2022 08:24

So in summary, we've got ourselves in huge financial difficulties and broken league rules paying average players who underperform excessive wages on long contracts.

We have a wage budget restricted to half what ours has been for years prior to this one.

We're still trying to get a Moore shaped millstone from around our neck, and we only have about 8 senior players contracted to the club, but Paul thinks it's good business sense to blow more than 10% of our budget on one injury prone starlet who has been average since xmas and commit ourselves to that wage for four years, when there's a strong chance we'll find ourselves in L1 soon.

If Paul was in charge we'd start next season with 40% of our budget blown on Swift, Ejaria, Joao, Meite and Moore. Unless he wants to give payrises to the others as well.

Screaming moron.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 May 2022 08:27

paultheroyal We dont know what Swift is on, we dont know what Puscas is on - but if management believe Swift is vital to our stability on the pitch and improving performances, absolutely no reason why he wont be offered a sizeable wage improvement.

There’s a pretty big reason he’s unlikely to be offered a big wage rise. We don’t have the ability to decide we’re going to break the bank to keep him.
If indeed he has got a big new deal on the table I suspect it is more about PR than anything.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 May 2022 08:40

paultheroyal We dont know what Swift is on, we dont know what Puscas is on - but if management believe Swift is vital to our stability on the pitch and improving performances, absolutely no reason why he wont be offered a sizeable wage improvement.

I don’t really like jumping on the bandwagon but it would be absurd to offer Swift a sizeable wage improvement. I suspect he’ll choose WBA or somewhere else and good luck to him.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 May 2022 09:02

Yeah, it would be absolute madness to offer Swift an increase on what he's already earning, I cannot imagine we've even offered him something remotely similar, I can imagine it would be significantly less.

As much as I wouldn't want Swift to go, his wages (assuming he's on £25k a week) is worth at least another 2 players for us (assuming our average wage is around £12.5k a week).

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 18 May 2022 11:48

Swift should be offered a maximum of £18k/week. Assuming Moore is offloaded he'd still be our top earner and on a decent wage for this level.

Offer Laurent a much better deal £8-10k/week. Same range with Yiadom. If Ince wants to return he needs to take a big wage cut, maybe 50%.

Puscas leaving would reduce the wage bill. Him and Moore going would slash our bill by £2.5m.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 May 2022 11:57

I don’t have a dog in this fight but seriously Paul we are not in a position to offer Swift a sizeable wage rise. It would be madness to do so.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 May 2022 12:00

Snowflake Royal Paul thinks it's good business sense to blow more than 10% of our budget on one injury prone starlet who has been average since xmas and commit ourselves to that wage for four years, when there's a strong chance we'll find ourselves in L1 soon.

If Paul was in charge we'd start next season with 40% of our budget blown on Swift, Ejaria, Joao, Meite and Moore. Unless he wants to give payrises to the others as well.

Screaming moron.

He is.

He was appointed yesterday.

HTH

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 May 2022 12:30

Millsy
Snowflake Royal Paul thinks it's good business sense to blow more than 10% of our budget on one injury prone starlet who has been average since xmas and commit ourselves to that wage for four years, when there's a strong chance we'll find ourselves in L1 soon.

Screaming moron.

He is.

He was appointed yesterday.

HTH

LOL. Not. :wink:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2022 13:01

I guess if any of our players would get the kind of £15k pw this year, £25k pw next year (when Moore and Joao are off the wage bill) it’d be swift

If he does re-sign I’d guess that’s what we’ll be doing

It could work potentially, not saying I’d fully agree with it mind you

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 May 2022 16:15

Good to see Ian trying to flex his keyboard muscles.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 May 2022 18:16

Reverts to type.

Does every spat that he gets into have to end with an insult?

Poor nobbing, he certainly wouldn’t want to call somebody “a moron” to their face.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 May 2022 18:19

Hound I guess if any of our players would get the kind of £15k pw this year, £25k pw next year (when Moore and Joao are off the wage bill) it’d be swift

If he does re-sign I’d guess that’s what we’ll be doing

It could work potentially, not saying I’d fully agree with it mind you

Be risky, fair chance of being in L1 and whilst financial pressures will ease, we can’t assume we can, and certainly shouldn't, return to previous high wage budgets.

If anything we should probably be cutting further than to £16m. It's still more than 100% of income when it should be about 70%

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 18 May 2022 20:06

Maybe we can offer Swift around $18,000 (Sorry Canadian Keyboard) with some sort of bonuses built in such as goals, assists etc...really not sure how this works and offer him a two year contract so if things don't work out he's still good and young enough to move on when his contract expires, maybe even a one year contract, then if every thing goes well with our financial plan we can offer a better deal at a later stage.
I'm sure our Chinese owners know a wizard accountant who can work some magic. Let's face it, take away Swifts contributions this season and things wouldn't have looked good at all, and replacing his stats with either a freebie or a loanee is going to be tough.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 May 2022 21:32

Crowbar6753 Maybe we can offer Swift around $18,000 (Sorry Canadian Keyboard) with some sort of bonuses built in such as goals, assists etc...really not sure how this works and offer him a two year contract so if things don't work out he's still good and young enough to move on when his contract expires, maybe even a one year contract, then if every thing goes well with our financial plan we can offer a better deal at a later stage.
I'm sure our Chinese owners know a wizard accountant who can work some magic. Let's face it, take away Swifts contributions this season and things wouldn't have looked good at all, and replacing his stats with either a freebie or a loanee is going to be tough.

Breaking his wages into chunks doesn’t change the total. The £16 million includes basic wages and any bonuses. If you make part of it performance based it makes budgeting a nightmare

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2022 08:18

Nameless
Crowbar6753 Maybe we can offer Swift around $18,000 (Sorry Canadian Keyboard) with some sort of bonuses built in such as goals, assists etc...really not sure how this works and offer him a two year contract so if things don't work out he's still good and young enough to move on when his contract expires, maybe even a one year contract, then if every thing goes well with our financial plan we can offer a better deal at a later stage.

Breaking his wages into chunks doesn’t change the total. The £16 million includes basic wages and any bonuses. If you make part of it performance based it makes budgeting a nightmare

Although, if many of your players are performing well enough to get sizeable bonuses, your income is probably up from increased attendance, more games on TV and higher prize money from a higher finish.

Probably not enough to allow for many big bonuses, and given recent performance You'd probably be a bit of a mug to choose bonus over basic.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 May 2022 15:46

Nameless

Theoretically speaking then, if we have performance-related bonuses in a lot of players' contracts and then finish in the play offs and were to go up, would the EFL just wash their hands with the matter?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 19 May 2022 16:07

Is it true we can only offer 1 year contracts?

If so, i struggle to see why any footballer would want to sign with us. Not a long contract. Clearly facing a relegation battle. If you get injured towards the end of the season it would be quite hard to negotiate your next contract.

I think Reading are going down next year.

791 posts