Re: George Puscas leaving?

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2022 12:42

Is this the 5th side now? Just take the money and move on

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 Aug 2022 13:00

Snowflake Royal Is this the 5th side now? Just take the money and move on

Yep agree. Get him off the wage bill and bring new players in. I see little point haggling too much about the fee as relegation would cost us much more than £1m/£2m.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2022 13:07

Say that but worth waiting a week or so if we can get some sort of bidding war

That extra million or so could be very handy determining what we can spend next year etc. still plenty of time in this window for us to replace him

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 08 Aug 2022 13:43

There could be a few clauses we want to put in as well. I would like to think we are wanting a decent sell on % as well.
Lets not be hasty and just sell just because we are desperate. He still has a market value, the club have every right to try and get as much as possible, if it takes a few weeks longer then fine. Those few weeks are not going to make or break our season. We have the players already lined up for when it does happen so are not missing out on transfer targets.
As long as he is gone before the window shuts then I will be happy.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Aug 2022 14:03

Coppells Lost Coat There could be a few clauses we want to put in as well. I would like to think we are wanting a decent sell on % as well.
Lets not be hasty and just sell just because we are desperate. He still has a market value, the club have every right to try and get as much as possible, if it takes a few weeks longer then fine. Those few weeks are not going to make or break our season. We have the players already lined up for when it does happen so are not missing out on transfer targets.

We haven’t got any players committed, anyone who hasn’t signed a contract could just decide that rather than sitting around unpaid for a month they will take another offer. If keeping Puscas until the end of the window (and not playing him) means we can’t bring in any more players for a month I’m not sure that is smart. Alos the longer we leave it the weaker our position becomes. We end up with no money and a second player sat on the bench watching training rather than being an active member of the squad.
I’d tell all interested people parties that their best offer needs to be in bynoon tomorrow (and then watch Puscas decline to go.....)

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 08 Aug 2022 14:27

I thought I'd read somewhere that the fee needed to trigger a sale must be more than the remaining instalments owed to Inter, hence the issues.

I'm not ITK, but it seems plausible, unless someone knows better

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 08 Aug 2022 16:16

Are these actually interested parties or just his agent touting him around?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 Aug 2022 16:33

Linden Jones' Tash

I thought I'd read somewhere that the fee needed to trigger a sale must be more than the remaining instalments owed to Inter, hence the issues.

Yeah this would sound about right, no point just cutting our losses on him, we may as well try and "profit" from what is left to pay Inter.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2022 17:21

Hound Say that but worth waiting a week or so if we can get some sort of bidding war

That extra million or so could be very handy determining what we can spend next year etc. still plenty of time in this window for us to replace him

We're not going to get a bidding war. It's pretty clear where his value is now established.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2022 17:22

Don’t see why not. Even if it’s a case of someone offering more up front rather than on performance

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2022 17:23

YorkshireRoyal99
Linden Jones' Tash

Yeah this would sound about right, no point just cutting our losses on him, we may as well try and "profit" from what is left to pay Inter.

Would you rather keep him, when we've made it clear he's not wanted and he probably doesn't want to be here, or move him on to reduce our losses and free up wages?

B for me.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2022 17:28

Helm definitely move on and we’ll be cutting our losses one way or another. Just by how much

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Aug 2022 17:33

Surely better we get say £3M than £2M or whatever, especially as we reputedly paid £7.5M for him. I can see why the club are touting him around to get the best deal for us. It could backfire of course and then he will be with us until at least January - but with our usual annual injury crisis, maybe that would not be a terrible thing.

However, my best guess is that he will be gone by the end of the transfer window.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 08 Aug 2022 18:05

andrew1957 Surely better we get say £3M than £2M or whatever, especially as we reputedly paid £7.5M for him. I can see why the club are touting him around to get the best deal for us. It could backfire of course and then he will be with us until at least January - but with our usual annual injury crisis, maybe that would not be a terrible thing.

However, my best guess is that he will be gone by the end of the transfer window.

But that's kinda my question... says it was £7.5M paid in installments and we still owe £3.5M, if we sell for £2.5M, we then still owe Inter £1M - and if he's in £20k a week, we only effectively save £1M/year wages.....

There must be something behind it, hopefully we can stiff Dennis Wise for £5M

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Aug 2022 18:46

Nameless
Coppells Lost Coat There could be a few clauses we want to put in as well. I would like to think we are wanting a decent sell on % as well.

We haven’t got any players committed, anyone who hasn’t signed a contract could just decide that rather than sitting around unpaid for a month they will take another offer. If keeping Puscas until the end of the window (and not playing him) means we can’t bring in any more players for a month I’m not sure that is smart. Alos the longer we leave it the weaker our position becomes. We end up with no money and a second player sat on the bench watching training rather than being an active member of the squad.
I’d tell all interested people parties that their best offer needs to be in bynoon tomorrow (and then watch Puscas decline to go.....)

Ever heard of paragraphs guys?, that gives me a headache trying to read that after an afternoon on the juice.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 Aug 2022 20:45

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Linden Jones' Tash

Would you rather keep him, when we've made it clear he's not wanted and he probably doesn't want to be here, or move him on to reduce our losses and free up wages?

B for me.

That's not what I'm saying though. He is highly regarded in Italy and is probably the player we'd get the largest sum from maybe bar Joao. It's not a case of "panic-selling" if you like just because we want rid of him. Why not try and get the best possible deal for a player who is obviously wanted by many clubs in Serie B because he scores goals at that level?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 Aug 2022 21:10

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

B for me.

That's not what I'm saying though. He is highly regarded in Italy and is probably the player we'd get the largest sum from maybe bar Joao. It's not a case of "panic-selling" if you like just because we want rid of him. Why not try and get the best possible deal for a player who is obviously wanted by many clubs in Serie B because he scores goals at that level?

Not necessarily disagreeing but what if we literally can’t sign anymore else until he’s gone? No idea if that’s the case but it could make the difference between relegation and survival this season. I don’t know how much relegation would cost us but I am sure it’s more than an extra £1m we might get for Puscas.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2022 21:18

JLow reckons not related. Or at least the Sarr deal isn’t related to selling Puscas

And think he has a decent line in atm

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Aug 2022 21:32

Hound JLow reckons not related. Or at least the Sarr deal isn’t related to selling Puscas

So what’s the hold up? I thought it was now one in one out.
FWIW agree about Puscas. He is at a good age and did well in Italy. The more clubs interested the better to bump up his sale value.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Aug 2022 21:34

Zip
Hound JLow reckons not related. Or at least the Sarr deal isn’t related to selling Puscas

So what’s the hold up? I thought it was now one in one out.

Dunno. Odd one. Esp as NGW went through so quick - obvs different salaries and contract length but it can’t be a straightforward one

791 posts