791 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Aug 2022 22:14

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Yeah this would sound about right, no point just cutting our losses on him, we may as well try and "profit" from what is left to pay Inter.

Would you rather keep him, when we've made it clear he's not wanted and he probably doesn't want to be here, or move him on to reduce our losses and free up wages?

B for me.

That's not what I'm saying though. He is highly regarded in Italy and is probably the player we'd get the largest sum from maybe bar Joao. It's not a case of "panic-selling" if you like just because we want rid of him. Why not try and get the best possible deal for a player who is obviously wanted by many clubs in Serie B because he scores goals at that level?

Two months and four interested clubs who have said 'not at that price' isn’t panic selling.

Players are worth what people are willing to pay. They aren't willing to pay more for him.

Just get it done and stop faffing about. '£1m now and maybe £2m later' is much better than 'maybe we'll get £3m soon, but possible nothing'

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Aug 2022 08:46

Twitter chat about him joining on loan to Como in Serie B with an option to buy. This cannot be true. If we wouldn't sell for a suitable - fee surely we wouldn't loan out with no obligations to buy...

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Aug 2022 08:47

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Would you rather keep him, when we've made it clear he's not wanted and he probably doesn't want to be here, or move him on to reduce our losses and free up wages?

B for me.

That's not what I'm saying though. He is highly regarded in Italy and is probably the player we'd get the largest sum from maybe bar Joao. It's not a case of "panic-selling" if you like just because we want rid of him. Why not try and get the best possible deal for a player who is obviously wanted by many clubs in Serie B because he scores goals at that level?

Two months and four interested clubs who have said 'not at that price' isn’t panic selling.

Players are worth what people are willing to pay. They aren't willing to pay more for him.

Just get it done and stop faffing about. '£1m now and maybe £2m later' is much better than 'maybe we'll get £3m soon, but possible nothing'

It's not though because that's not how negotiations work. Our financial situation is public knowledge to every club, so of course teams are going to try and low-ball us with offers, perhaps these teams can pay the £3m (for arguments sake) that we are wanting, but they are only offering £2m because these clubs believe that we will eventually say yes because of our situation.

By panic selling, I meant don't just take the money and run, take the best deal we can possibly get for him. Ultimately, we don't know how close/not close an agreement for Puscas is, so we might be closer to a deal than we know.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Aug 2022 08:50

Coppells Lost Coat Twitter chat about him joining on loan to Como in Serie B with an option to buy. This cannot be true. If we wouldn't sell for a suitable - fee surely we wouldn't loan out with no obligations to buy...

If any loan deal means getting most/all of his wage off for the season then I’d imagine the club will give it reasonable consideration.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 09 Aug 2022 09:00

Sutekh
Coppells Lost Coat Twitter chat about him joining on loan to Como in Serie B with an option to buy. This cannot be true. If we wouldn't sell for a suitable - fee surely we wouldn't loan out with no obligations to buy...

If any loan deal means getting most/all of his wage off for the season then I’d imagine the club will give it reasonable consideration.

If we get a loan payment, plus he’s off the wage bill for a season I could see the club agreeing to that.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Aug 2022 09:08

blythspartan
Sutekh

If we get a loan payment, plus he’s off the wage bill for a season I could see the club agreeing to that.

Yeah a decent loan fee, paying the majority/all of his wages with an option to buy would probably represent a good deal for the club for this season. Ideally we'd like him permanently moved on though, but depends at what "cost".

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Aug 2022 09:23

Actually being as he has 2 years still, loan could work

Get a small fee and they pay all his wages. Comes back next year with a decent season behind him and we can either use him or we can actually take our time to sell as no longer under embargo. As we can’t use any transfer fee this year anyway. May make more sense

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Aug 2022 10:17

Now reported that he has agreed to sign there.

Naturally a perm deal would be preferable but, as said, if we can get say 500k (prob a bit less) as a loan fee and them paying at least half, if not more of his wages, then it is a better deal that selling for €1m with add ons.

Imagine the option fee will be higher than any bids we've had now and likely will be less whatever loan fee we get now.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Aug 2022 10:20

Stranded Now reported that he has agreed to sign there.

Naturally a perm deal would be preferable but, as said, if we can get say 500k (prob a bit less) as a loan fee and them paying at least half, if not more of his wages, then it is a better deal that selling for €1m with add ons.

Imagine the option fee will be higher than any bids we've had now and likely will be less whatever loan fee we get now.

Hopefully the deal is something around this ball park and hopefully it means we can push through the Naby Sarr and Omari Hutchinson deals now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Aug 2022 10:28

No loan but them paying all his wages would be better than a fee and them paying half for example

Should allow us to bring in a couple more players so good news

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 09 Aug 2022 10:32

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded Now reported that he has agreed to sign there.

Hopefully the deal is something around this ball park and hopefully it means we can push through the Naby Sarr and Omari Hutchinson deals now.

Agree. I’ll be happy if we can get these 2 over the line within the next week and then add a surprise signing on deadline day.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 09 Aug 2022 10:42

It goes to show how low ball the offers actually were that we decided a loan option was better financially than selling and permanently getting him off the books. Doubt there is a loan fee as I am not sure there is a lot of money in Serie B, if there is i would just prefer them to pay more % of his weekly wages instead.
I personally dont think a loan is the best option but must have be the only offer we had that satisfies all parties. Hopefully the option to buy is similar to Pisa last season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Aug 2022 10:49

Bloody annoying Pisa didn’t go up really wasn’t it?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 09 Aug 2022 10:58

Hound Bloody annoying Pisa didn’t go up really wasn’t it?

Yes agree. Am I right in thinking that he’ll be teammates with Cesc Fabregas?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 09 Aug 2022 13:25

Not really too sad to see the back of him, but don’t have any grudges against him for it. Best for all parties he moves on as soon as possible.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Aug 2022 19:11

blythspartan
Hound Bloody annoying Pisa didn’t go up really wasn’t it?

Yes agree. Am I right in thinking that he’ll be teammates with Cesc Fabregas?

Yes

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Aug 2022 09:45

Interesting that our beloved Shane Long had similar goal scoring stats to Puscas for us and that’s including his one good season that occurred in his sixth season for us.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Aug 2022 10:17

However, Long v2.0 has scored enough in one start and one sub to last for a month with a better record

He should also be credited with part of the assist for the penalty as well. The nudge, then the flicked header …

I think I may need to go have a lie down as I think the messiah has returned for the second coming. Maybe he could lay his hands on the gaps in our midfield to heal them

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 Aug 2022 10:33

Millsy Interesting that our beloved Shane Long had similar goal scoring stats to Puscas for us and that’s including his one good season that occurred in his sixth season for us.

Long cost us a fraction of the price and his wages are (and still probably were 10 years ago) significantly less than Puscas'.

There is clearly a player there with Puscas, but we don't play a system that suits his strengths (i.e. 2 up top) and the finances dictate in this situation.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Aug 2022 12:03

Millsy Interesting that our beloved Shane Long had similar goal scoring stats to Puscas for us and that’s including his one good season that occurred in his sixth season for us.

Long has always been a workhorse though, so even when he's not among the goals you know he's putting a shift in and can potentially create space for others, I don't know if you can say the same for Puscas.

791 posts