George Puscas leaving?

791 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Aug 2022 11:51

Yeah I can't see 4 players coming through the door unless they were on ridiculously low wages, which would be pretty telling if they were.

Just get him gone and Sarr through the door and work from there really. LB is the new priority from there and then it's probably just a case of wait and see what opportunities arise in the remaining window. If nothing, we look to shift Moore on ASAP in January time which should give us the capacity to bring a few more players in from there.

Given our recruitment thus far, I'd have been pretty optimistic of any signings with the wages we save on Moore.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2022 11:54

That football salary site thing reckoned Sarr was on 6k at Hudders

Prob be much the same here with a nice long contract

If Puscas frees up say 12k p/w then can imagine it’s prob 2 players in only

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 24 Aug 2022 15:57

#Genoa, l'arrivo di #Puscas in città
(Translated as: #Genoa , the arrival of #Puscas in the city)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TuttoMercato ... 8089146369

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Aug 2022 16:02

morganb #Genoa, l'arrivo di #Puscas in città
(Translated as: #Genoa , the arrival of #Puscas in the city)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TuttoMercato ... 8089146369

I hope he doesn’t injure himself carrying all that luggage.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Aug 2022 18:59

Hound That football salary site thing reckoned Sarr was on 6k at Hudders

Hoping Chelsea let us have Hutchinson on loan for the experience with a very small contribution towards wages. Beyond Sarr I reckon Rahman and Hutchinson would be about it

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Aug 2022 19:30

Zip

Hoping Chelsea let us have Hutchinson on loan for the experience with a very small contribution towards wages. Beyond Sarr I reckon Rahman and Hutchinson would be about it

Agree with this. I guess if we were to get a late bid for a player that could change. I do wonder if T Ince’s recent performances might start to get some unwanted attention.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Aug 2022 19:52

blythspartan
Zip

Agree with this. I guess if we were to get a late bid for a player that could change. I do wonder if T Ince’s recent performances might start to get some unwanted attention.

No. They won't.

Clubs would know what he was capable of when he was a freebie, they aren't suddenly going to fork out silly money and with a 3 year deal, it would need silly money.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2022 20:04

Can’t imagine him leaving whilst his old man is still in charge

If he got the boot maybe a different matter

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Aug 2022 22:16

At last! Finally confimred.Signed for Genoa on loan for the season with obligation to buy for €3m should Genoa win promotion to Serie A.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... e-24847100

Presume Sarr will now be confimred tomorrow AM.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2022 09:11

LOL @ all the idiots on twitter who turned on Genoa notifications expecting Puscas to be revealed and it was actually Kevin Strootman.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2022 10:00

Sutekh At last! Finally confimred.Signed for Genoa on loan for the season with obligation to buy for €3m should Genoa win promotion to Serie A.

GR getting ahead of things a little. He's only having his medical this morning. Unlikely that it won't go through though.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2022 10:01

Hendo LOL @ all the idiots on twitter who turned on Genoa notifications expecting Puscas to be revealed and it was actually Kevin Strootman.

Yeah, that was all quite funny. Especially as when most had turned on the notifications, it was already clear they were going big on Strootman going back there.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Aug 2022 10:09

Stranded
Sutekh At last! Finally confimred.Signed for Genoa on loan for the season with obligation to buy for €3m should Genoa win promotion to Serie A.

GR getting ahead of things a little. He's only having his medical this morning. Unlikely that it won't go through though.

Apparently we're offering them the services of our 'medical' team for free to sweeten the deal.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Aug 2022 10:11

Hound Can’t imagine him leaving whilst his old man is still in charge

Not only that, but clubs are surely aware a big part of the reason he's playing out of his skin is because his dad is boss, so he's unlikely to replicate that as well elsewhere.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2022 10:30

Stranded
Hendo LOL @ all the idiots on twitter who turned on Genoa notifications expecting Puscas to be revealed and it was actually Kevin Strootman.

Yeah, that was all quite funny. Especially as when most had turned on the notifications, it was already clear they were going big on Strootman going back there.

Indeed, there are some really odd people on the #ReadingFC, but we already knew that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2022 12:54

Millsy

Not only that, but clubs are surely aware a big part of the reason he's playing out of his skin is because his dad is boss, so he's unlikely to replicate that as well elsewhere.

I don’t think that's true or fair. Ince ran constantly under Paunovic.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Aug 2022 13:47

Snowflake Royal
Millsy

You're right he did, poor lad. It's just he's become particularly good under Pince - credit to his dad for getting the best out of him and also credit to him for working his guts off to help his dad out. While he may have been good before, he definitely has stepped up significantly since Paul came on board. Reviews of him by most of us were that he's nothing special when he first joined us. Now he's number one on the team sheet.

All I'm saying is whether this is true or not, it will go through the minds of others considering putting a bid in... *possibly*.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Aug 2022 14:44

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy

You're right he did, poor lad. It's just he's become particularly good under Pince - credit to his dad for getting the best out of him and also credit to him for working his guts off to help his dad out. While he may have been good before, he definitely has stepped up significantly since Paul came on board. Reviews of him by most of us were that he's nothing special when he first joined us. Now he's number one on the team sheet.

All I'm saying is whether this is true or not, it will go through the minds of others considering putting a bid in... *possibly*.

Isn't there some sort of rule that says you can't play for 3 different teams within 12 months ?
Did he play at all for Stoke last season ?

traff

by traff » 25 Aug 2022 15:53

Franchise FC
Millsy
Snowflake Royal I don’t think that's true or fair. Ince ran constantly under Paunovic.

Isn't there some sort of rule that says you can't play for 3 different teams within 12 months ?

I think more logically it would apply to a season rather than a calendar year.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 25 Aug 2022 16:00

Franchise FC
Millsy
Snowflake Royal I don’t think that's true or fair. Ince ran constantly under Paunovic.

Would have thought it is three clubs in a season. Otherwise a player who plays for his club in say November/December, loaned out/sold in January to Club B would not be able to sign for Club C during the summer. But, with EFL making the rules I could be wrong.

791 posts