George Puscas leaving?

791 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: George Puscas leaving?

by Nameless » 19 May 2022 16:11

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
Crowbar6753 Maybe we can offer Swift around $18,000 (Sorry Canadian Keyboard) with some sort of bonuses built in such as goals, assists etc...really not sure how this works and offer him a two year contract so if things don't work out he's still good and young enough to move on when his contract expires, maybe even a one year contract, then if every thing goes well with our financial plan we can offer a better deal at a later stage.
I'm sure our Chinese owners know a wizard accountant who can work some magic. Let's face it, take away Swifts contributions this season and things wouldn't have looked good at all, and replacing his stats with either a freebie or a loanee is going to be tough.

Breaking his wages into chunks doesn’t change the total. The £16 million includes basic wages and any bonuses. If you make part of it performance based it makes budgeting a nightmare

Theoretically speaking then, if we have performance-related bonuses in a lot of players' contracts and then finish in the play offs and were to go up, would the EFL just wash their hands with the matter?

Until we got relegated again.....
They have no jurisdiction over PL clubs.
I don’t think there is anything that stops us offering incentives as part of a contract. We just have to include that within our budget. So if we offer player x a £10k contract plus £1k a game and £1k a goal we’d have to account for those bonuses within the £16 million.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 May 2022 16:13

Greatwesternline Is it true we can only offer 1 year contracts?

If so, i struggle to see why any footballer would want to sign with us. Not a long contract. Clearly facing a relegation battle. If you get injured towards the end of the season it would be quite hard to negotiate your next contract.

I think Reading are going down next year.

Bowen, Carey, Ince and Rae - new contracts on the table - this club is going places and its not down!!

URZ!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 May 2022 16:28

paultheroyal
Greatwesternline Is it true we can only offer 1 year contracts?

If so, i struggle to see why any footballer would want to sign with us. Not a long contract. Clearly facing a relegation battle. If you get injured towards the end of the season it would be quite hard to negotiate your next contract.

I think Reading are going down next year.

Bowen, Carey, Ince and Rae - new contracts on the table - this club is going places and its not down!!

URZ!

Let’s see a few signatures on those contracts before getting too gung ho ! I’m predicting 4 are signed.... which would probably be more than I would have said a fortnight ago

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 May 2022 16:34

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
Breaking his wages into chunks doesn’t change the total. The £16 million includes basic wages and any bonuses. If you make part of it performance based it makes budgeting a nightmare

Theoretically speaking then, if we have performance-related bonuses in a lot of players' contracts and then finish in the play offs and were to go up, would the EFL just wash their hands with the matter?

I don’t think there is anything that stops us offering incentives as part of a contract. We just have to include that within our budget. So if we offer player x a £10k contract plus £1k a game and £1k a goal we’d have to account for those bonuses within the £16 million.

It just seems a bit "much" to have incentives involved in a total wage bill because there is very little/no control over that whatsoever really.

I'm not sure whether they'd do anything should we come down again. I've got nothing to support this, although I can imagine there is more than one club who have broken FFP regulations and been promoted, come back down and nothing was done with that. If there isn't, if one of Villa or Wolves are to be relegated there may be a case to be had?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 May 2022 16:38

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99

It just seems a bit "much" to have incentives involved in a total wage bill because there is very little/no control over that whatsoever really.

I'm not sure whether they'd do anything should we come down again. I've got nothing to support this, although I can imagine there is more than one club who have broken FFP regulations and been promoted, come back down and nothing was done with that. If there isn't, if one of Villa or Wolves are to be relegated there may be a case to be had?

QPR were fined and their owner had to write off debts.
Bournemouth were fined

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 May 2022 16:45

A fine is ultimately just a slap on the wrist though. If that's the kind of punishment's the EFL dish out to clubs who break rules, go up and then come down, it just seems a bit soft.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 May 2022 17:07

YorkshireRoyal99 A fine is ultimately just a slap on the wrist though. If that's the kind of punishment's the EFL dish out to clubs who break rules, go up and then come down, it just seems a bit soft.

Sorry. I don’t make the rules.
What do you want ? Amputations ?
If you are only allowed to,lose £13 million in a season and you get fined £5 million then you are suddenly in trouble (again)

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 May 2022 17:41

1-0 Pisa, 1-1 on aggregate so far.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 May 2022 17:56

tidus_mi2 1-0 Pisa, 1-1 on aggregate so far.

George with the assist

Come on Pisa…

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 May 2022 18:50

Game approaching it's end, in Italy the higher placed team progresses in case of a draw so Pisa heading to the final unless there is a late equaliser.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 21 May 2022 19:01

Finished Pisa 1-0.
Must say, I like the higher placed team going through idea. Beats knackered teams in extra time making a mistake and/or penalties.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 May 2022 19:09

Horsham Royal Finished Pisa 1-0.
Must say, I like the higher placed team going through idea. Beats knackered teams in extra time making a mistake and/or penalties.

Only stipulation is that if the two teams finished the season on the same points then it will go to extra time and penalties, which would be the case if Monza advance to the final.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 May 2022 20:45

Go on george. One step closer to giving us five million and handing your salary over to swift!! Come on the Pisa!!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 May 2022 08:42

Well done George now complete the job

That 5m will be massively useful

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 May 2022 23:50

Monza did indeed progress, they will face Pisa over two legs and due to both teams finishing on the same points, if it is level after the two legs it will go to ET and pens.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 24 May 2022 11:06

Thanks George, bye.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 26 May 2022 17:49

I bet Monza win the final

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 May 2022 17:56

Tonight is the night - Monza have not beaten Pisa since 2007 - so guaranteed Monza win then!

But go on George, make it happen, give us 5 million in the bank and a new contract for Swift. We are all behind you!!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 May 2022 18:03

They're doing a beamback at the SCL if anyone wants to watch. Free entry.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 May 2022 18:31

paultheroyal Tonight is the night - Monza have not beaten Pisa since 2007 - so guaranteed Monza win then!

But go on George, make it happen, give us 5 million in the bank and a new contract for Swift. We are all behind you!!

According to Jnr Swift to West Brom is very close.

791 posts