January Window

401 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: January Window

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 21:22

Sutekh The Chronicle has reported that three top end Championship clubs made firm enquiries for John Swift today and that he rejected all approaches as he feels he has a job to finish at Reading and doesn’t want to leave with the club’s status up in the air.

Not to knock it because it's nice to hear, but I can't imagine that would have been the case if he had 2 years left on his deal I'd imagine. But I'm very glad he's staying until the end of the season.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Jan 2022 21:22

Rax
Sutekh The Chronicle has reported that three top end Championship clubs made firm enquiries for John Swift today and that he rejected all approaches as he feels he has a job to finish at Reading and doesn’t want to leave with the club’s status up in the air.

If that is true, then fair play to the man!

That, and the fact he’ll be able to command a higher wage/signing on fee as a free agent in the summer

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Jan 2022 21:27

This question has probably been asked and answered before but I’ve not kept up to date with everything....

If we sold Swift now for, what.... £3m maybe, would that not free up cash to get shot of Paunovic and Co so we could bring in a new manager?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2022 21:35

Royal Rother This question has probably been asked and answered before but I’ve not kept up to date with everything....

If we sold Swift now for, what.... £3m maybe, would that not free up cash to get shot of Paunovic and Co so we could bring in a new manager?

Yes.

Bit odd Swift thinks he has a job to do here, given he seems to have been on a bit an extended break since October.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Jan 2022 21:36

Royal Rother This question has probably been asked and answered before but I’ve not kept up to date with everything....

Why should anyone pay that when they can have him for free i the summer?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2022 21:36

Get about 500k for him tops I imagine

Appreciate the sentiment from Swift. Now can you just start to play half decent again please?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 21:37

Surely it's got to be enough from Puscas' departure as well as hopefully Moore's departure that it would free up enough cash in order for us to make a change.

Rax

by Rax » 31 Jan 2022 21:43

YorkshireRoyal99

Surely it's got to be enough from Puscas' departure as well as hopefully Moore's departure that it would free up enough cash in order for us to make a change.

I suppose the ultimate window for us would be Brian walking though the door hand in hand with Shane Long!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2022 21:45

Hound Get about 500k for him tops I imagine

Appreciate the sentiment from Swift. Now can you just start to play half decent again please?

At a push we would get a million for Swift. Not worth it. Best to keep in the hope he reverts back to his early Autumn form.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jan 2022 21:46

Zip

At a push we would get a million for Swift. Not worth it. Best to keep in the hope he reverts back to his early Autumn form.

Bournemouth have just paid Peterborough £1.5m for Dembele, who's also OOC in the summer, so reckon we'd get at least £2m for Swift.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 21:47

Rax
YorkshireRoyal99

I suppose the ultimate window for us would be Brian walking though the door hand in hand with Shane Long!

At this point I'm just hoping we don't oxf*rd up any deal for Tom Ince with Liam Moore going the other way.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2022 21:48

Pepe the Horseman
Zip

Bournemouth have just paid Peterborough £1.5m for Dembele, who's also OOC in the summer, so reckon we'd get at least £2m for Swift.

Yes fair comment.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2022 21:50

Saw rumours of a forest bid of about 1.25m for Jed Wallace

Imagine it’d be much the same

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 21:52

Yes we would easily get £2m for Swift I'd imagine, he's been far better than all of those players this season, is likely earning more than all of them and has been better than all of them consistently at this level for 2-3 seasons as well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2022 22:00

YorkshireRoyal99 Yes we would easily get £2m for Swift I'd imagine, he's been far better than all of those players this season, is likely earning more than all of them and has been better than all of them consistently at this level for 2-3 seasons as well.

He only started 10 games last season. Had an excellent 19/20 tbf though

And he's done very little for us for a couple of months.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 22:02

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 Yes we would easily get £2m for Swift I'd imagine, he's been far better than all of those players this season, is likely earning more than all of them and has been better than all of them consistently at this level for 2-3 seasons as well.

You can see by his ability on the ball he's one of the best players in this division though.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jan 2022 22:04

Snowflake Royal

He's still got the most assists in the division, playing for one of the worst teams.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jan 2022 22:10

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal

He's still got the most assists in the division, playing for one of the worst teams.

He had an unbelievable first 15 games or so.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jan 2022 22:13

YorkshireRoyal99
tidus_mi2
YorkshireRoyal99 Derby's Lucas Plange looks set for a £1m move to Crystal Palace. Maybe sneak in here with a loan move until the end of the season? I know it's another youngster, but he's done well at Derby since he broke through and would be a solid option for us.

He's already heading back to Derby on loan as part of the agreement.

Serves me right for only reading the title. :lol:

Question is how? Derby are under an embargo and can't register players hence why Jagielka left.

As soon as Plange signs for Palace they hold his registration so how can it pass back to a club under embargo?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jan 2022 22:22

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal He only started 10 games last season. Had an excellent 19/20 tbf though

He had an unbelievable first 15 games or so.

Yep, and he has been poor recently, but having the most assists in the league is still a pretty big selling point. He's literally created a third of our goals this season :lol:

401 posts