January Window

401 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: January Window

by Stranded » 12 Jan 2022 16:14

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded Rafael reportedly in talks around a return to Brazil with Cruzeiro.

Apparently, they are interested because he can terminate his deal so will not cost them a fee.

Not so bothered if we can't get a fee because his contract is up in 6 months anyway so we won't be losing anything other than a few thousand pounds in a transfer fee when we can just get rid now and save on his wages for the next 6 months which probably still leaves us at a net positive.

If the rumoured 18k pw is true then saves us over 400k til June. More importantly it may allow us to either renew a contract or two that we want to, or bring in a couple of free agents/loans to boost numbers.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 12 Jan 2022 16:35

YorkshireRoyal99
John Smith
YorkshireRoyal99 I can understand the logic but, depending on the severity of the injuries, we wouldn't want to sign another 1/2 players when we have 5 there already and then from say Feb onwards we end up with 7 first team CB's.

I see it as a good opportunity for a promising youngster like Nelson Abbey to step up under a new manager and look to impress. It would go hand-in-hand almost with a new manager and the effects they usually have on a team.

I am trying not to berate everything you post but when you think throwing in an 18 year-old with no senior experience into an already decimated back four that has just conceded 7 and been eliminated from the FA Cup by a National League North side, you are dreaming.

You could argue it's possibly the best time to throw them in as there really is nothing to lose and it can't get any worse, especially if it was under a new manager.

Besides, I'd rather than and lose a couple more games than use our restricted transfer window to flood a position we are already well stocked in but are suffering from injury issues that aren't long term.

I wouldn't be able to wait to read your likely ridiculous response in March time when we've done as you suggest and sign CB's now, only to have 6/7 fit senior CB's come March with still very few attacking options. How about be more patient perhaps? Might serve you some good.

Where your argument falls down is "....injury issues that aren't long term"

Sadly all our injuries turn out to be long term. :roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2022 22:08

YorkshireRoyal99

Apparently, they are interested because he can terminate his deal so will not cost them a fee.

Not so bothered if we can't get a fee because his contract is up in 6 months anyway so we won't be losing anything other than a few thousand pounds in a transfer fee when we can just get rid now and save on his wages for the next 6 months which probably still leaves us at a net positive.

Aye...

Are you new or a regular with a new username btw?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Jan 2022 08:53

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Aye...

New(ish). Signed up in 2017 but never used the site until the turn of the year basically.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Jan 2022 09:00

South Coast Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
John Smith I am trying not to berate everything you post but when you think throwing in an 18 year-old with no senior experience into an already decimated back four that has just conceded 7 and been eliminated from the FA Cup by a National League North side, you are dreaming.

You could argue it's possibly the best time to throw them in as there really is nothing to lose and it can't get any worse, especially if it was under a new manager.

Besides, I'd rather than and lose a couple more games than use our restricted transfer window to flood a position we are already well stocked in but are suffering from injury issues that aren't long term.

I wouldn't be able to wait to read your likely ridiculous response in March time when we've done as you suggest and sign CB's now, only to have 6/7 fit senior CB's come March with still very few attacking options. How about be more patient perhaps? Might serve you some good.

Where your argument falls down is "....injury issues that aren't long term"

Sadly all our injuries turn out to be long term. :roll:

Well yes that is true with the sheer amount of injuries that we have had, however if the likes of Dann and Moore (in isolated cases) will only be missing for a short period of time, it could possibly be wiser to use our restricted transfers elsewhere looking ahead for the rest of the season. But obviously I see the logic in bringing in another CB and in any "normal" window I'd have said yes.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Jan 2022 09:26

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Aye...

New(ish). Signed up in 2017 but never used the site until the turn of the year basically.

Maybe leave it another 5 years until your next post?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Jan 2022 09:33

Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99

If the rumoured 18k pw is true then saves us over 400k til June. More importantly it may allow us to either renew a contract or two that we want to, or bring in a couple of free agents/loans to boost numbers.

If it meant keeping Holmes and/or Rinomhota signed on for another 2/3 years and that Carroll would be kept until the end of the season then I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Jan 2022 09:34

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Aye...

Assumed it was Millsy's burner account.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Jan 2022 10:15

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Aye...

Assumed it was Millsy's burner account.

Blimey, I can barely keep on top of one account let alone manage another!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2022 10:23

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Aye...

Welcome. Excellent addition

Now flee before your life is destroyed by this place you fool..

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 13 Jan 2022 10:31

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Aye...

Welcome. Excellent addition

Now flee before your life is destroyed by this place you fool..

Watching us away from home in Yorkshire/Lancashire over the last 7/8 years has already done that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2022 10:59

yes nice to have another voice and opinion on here

Strange time to suddenly start posting loads, when the rest of the fanbase seems utterly apathetic mind you :)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2022 11:50

Hound yes nice to have another voice and opinion on here

Strange time to suddenly start posting loads, when the rest of the fanbase seems utterly apathetic mind you :)

I started posting because I was tired of reading Woodcote being a negative nancy and wanted to voice my support for the club.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2022 12:00

Snowflake Royal

I started posting because I was tired of reading Woodcote being a negative nancy and wanted to voice my support for the club.

you started posting? Have you ever stopped posting?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2022 12:10

Hound
Snowflake Royal

you started posting? Have you ever stopped posting?

Believe it or not, I wasn't born typing on HNA.... this was back in about 2000 / 2001. Started reading in about 98 / 99.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 14 Jan 2022 11:36

It's also possible to just... stop posting too.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 13:24

And some day I will

Forty

Jagielka

by Forty » 16 Jan 2022 09:30

Can't re sign with derby. Get him in for the rest of the season. Experienced, in nick, etc.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jagielka

by Orion1871 » 16 Jan 2022 10:06

Forty Can't re sign with derby. Get him in for the rest of the season. Experienced, in nick, etc.

Already joined Stoke.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Jan 2022 12:45

Reports are that Rafael has had his contract terminated and Brazilian club Cruzeiro are close to announcing he has signed for them. if true very good news.

401 posts