Rumour - Thomas-Asante

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Thomas-Asante

by Stranded » 29 Mar 2022 18:24

Horsham Royal Thanks Stranded.

It's vague isn't it? Having looked at the agreement, I'm more inclined to think employer's is not included in the 21M (though as a more or less fixed cost may have been taken into account when setting the cap).

"Excluding any payments made in accordance with the squad bonus schedule" is odd.

Yeah, I found that a weird exclusion to but they seem to have tied it to an individuals salary and bonus. So goal scoring bonus for a striker would count but shared promotion bonus doesn't.

All helps I guess.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Mar 2022 23:04

It's vague isn't it? Having looked at the agreement, I'm more inclined to think employer's is not included in the 21M (though as a more or less fixed cost may have been taken into account when setting the cap).

"Excluding any payments made in accordance with the squad bonus schedule" is odd.

Presumably that's so we don't have issues where we are restrained to pay much lower than the cap in case we win a lot and win bonuses that could be due come due because we happen to be successful.

So winning the league (lmfao) and paying big bonuses won't affect the plan.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Mar 2022 09:26

Snowflake Royal

Presumably that's so we don't have issues where we are restrained to pay much lower than the cap in case we win a lot and win bonuses that could be due come due because we happen to be successful.

So winning the league (lmfao) and paying big bonuses won't affect the plan.

I think that's similar to Liverpool's wage model. Basic wages are not "as large" as other clubs that they compete with but large win bonuses for trophies, titles and personal achievements make up the payments whilst being a motivating factor for the player.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Mar 2022 11:54

I said (amongst others) for a long time that there should be a cap on BASIC salaries for players at all levels.

Then contracts can have as many bonuses as they like for appearances, wins, promotions, trophies etc.
Puts the onus very much on performing and actually playing.

Could seriously help with the sustainability as well as persuading a lot more younger players to select teams where they get a game rather than being a squad player and missing out on the ‘bonus’ for actually playing.

For example, if the cap were set at £25k per week in the PL, but with no limit on bonuses, literally every payer would be desperate to play to get their bonuses and pick up their £100k plus.

I wouldn’t devalue the league in comparison to other countries because they can still earn as much as they are used to, but the emphasis would be on ‘earning’

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Mar 2022 12:04

Franchise FC I said (amongst others) for a long time that there should be a cap on BASIC salaries for players at all levels.

Then contracts can have as many bonuses as they like for appearances, wins, promotions, trophies etc.

Could seriously help with the sustainability as well as persuading a lot more younger players to select teams where they get a game rather than being a squad player and missing out on the ‘bonus’ for actually playing.

For example, if the cap were set at £25k per week in the PL, but with no limit on bonuses, literally every payer would be desperate to play to get their bonuses and pick up their £100k plus.

I wouldn’t devalue the league in comparison to other countries because they can still earn as much as they are used to, but the emphasis would be on ‘earning’

I like it.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Mar 2022 12:40

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC I said (amongst others) for a long time that there should be a cap on BASIC salaries for players at all levels.

I like it.

Oh shit
It must be rubbish then :wink:

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 02 Apr 2022 20:17

The players' union would never agree to it as it would mean a lot of uncertainty for players. If base wages are low then that means injuries would significantly impact your take home pay. As would being left out because a new manager doesn't have a place for you, or because the club buys someone else in your position. It's not really far if you sign a contract with a club expecting to earn X amount, and the next week they sign someone who is going to start ahead of you and now you're on much less. It's just a recipe for conflict within a club; with those not playing resentful towards both the manager and those that are given game time. It's also why clubs are careful with goal bonuses as they don't want their strikers taking on tough shots rather than laying the ball off for easier goals.

At the end of the day - is it really fair if a club starts getting poor results and players receive lower wages regardless of how they perform individually on the pitch? Maybe the manager screws up the tactics, or the club sells off it's better players, meaning those who are left have little chance of winning. People should get paid a fair salary for a fair days work, i'm not sure your suggestion would lead to that.

I'm not saying tha t

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2022 20:40

Elm Park Kid

The players' union would never agree to it as it would mean a lot of uncertainty for players. If base wages are low then that means injuries would significantly impact your take home pay. As would being left out because a new manager doesn't have a place for you, or because the club buys someone else in your position. It's not really far if you sign a contract with a club expecting to earn X amount, and the next week they sign someone who is going to start ahead of you and now you're on much less. It's just a recipe for conflict within a club; with those not playing resentful towards both the manager and those that are given game time. It's also why clubs are careful with goal bonuses as they don't want their strikers taking on tough shots rather than laying the ball off for easier goals.

At the end of the day - is it really fair if a club starts getting poor results and players receive lower wages regardless of how they perform individually on the pitch? Maybe the manager screws up the tactics, or the club sells off it's better players, meaning those who are left have little chance of winning. People should get paid a fair salary for a fair days work, i'm not sure your suggestion would lead to that.

I'm not saying tha t

If they should get a fair salary then they should have their salaries capped far lower than they are now.