Omari Hutchinson

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Omari Hutchinson

by Nameless » 28 Jul 2022 16:38

Zip
South Coast Royal Pleased with this one if it comes off.
We have seen before with Arsenal and Chelsea their teenagers are not young and immature-see earlier loans out for Mason Mount, Gallagher and Reece James as well as Sakha and Smith-Rowe not looking out of place playing against seasoned pros.

We are building a squad that just might not be the relegation prospects intimated by many.

You can Ethan Ampadu to that list Victor.

Tammy Abraham

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Jul 2022 17:09

Nameless
Zip
South Coast Royal Pleased with this one if it comes off.
We have seen before with Arsenal and Chelsea their teenagers are not young and immature-see earlier loans out for Mason Mount, Gallagher and Reece James as well as Sakha and Smith-Rowe not looking out of place playing against seasoned pros.

We are building a squad that just might not be the relegation prospects intimated by many.

You can Ethan Ampadu to that list Victor.

Tammy Abraham

Nathan Ake, etc., etc.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2022 18:31

JedMaxwell Two Hutchinsons? I'm in

Out. oxf*rd that shit. Its hard enough with all the Toms.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2022 18:33

Nameless
Hound Bit of a gamble imo

Both him and Fornah untested in the league and might have been better used on someone with a bit more experience

On the other hand could provide that extra bit of creativity of Ejaria’s not doing the job

Olise was untested at Championship level when we signed him.....
Laurent had played one game at this level......

Olise is a pretty shite example given we signed him into the Academy and he gradually broke into the first team over several seasons.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jul 2022 20:17

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

Both him and Fornah untested in the league and might have been better used on someone with a bit more experience

On the other hand could provide that extra bit of creativity of Ejaria’s not doing the job

Olise is a pretty shite example given we signed him into the Academy and he gradually broke into the first team over several seasons.

No, it’s a perfectly decent example, but obviously it needed you to pop up and be rude.
He was part of the first team for 2 seasons, played 67 games. He wasn’t at the club for several seasons (in terms of the first team). He had no championship experience and took to it from day 1.
A young player can fit into championship football quickly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jul 2022 20:37

Under Gomes/Bowen he showed ability but he only really kicked on in his second season though

0 goals 1 assist compared to 7/12 the season after. And Olise is exceptionally good, not sure this lad is at his level (he may be of course)

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Jul 2022 21:26

Snowflake Royal

Been linked with Thomas Hutchinson, an English footballer who plays for Kingstonian as a defender. Aged 40 so slightly younger than Scott Dann.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Jul 2022 21:47

morganb
Snowflake Royal

Been linked with Thomas Hutchinson, an English footballer who plays for Kingstonian as a defender. Aged 40 so slightly younger than Scott Dann.

I think you're getting confused Moggy
We are being linked with Tommy Hutchinson the old Coventry City winger aged 74. He should add some experience to the squad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2022 22:55

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Nameless

No, it’s a perfectly decent example, but obviously it needed you to pop up and be rude.
He was part of the first team for 2 seasons, played 67 games. He wasn’t at the club for several seasons (in terms of the first team). He had no championship experience and took to it from day 1.
A young player can fit into championship football quickly.

Actually Olise was part of the first team for three seasons. He was given 2 starts and 2 sub appearances at the end of one season where he'd spent the rest of the time in the Academy, then another season as a bit part player with 13 starts and 6 sub appearances, then a full member of the first team squad with 37 starts and 7 sub appearances. Pretty much the definition of a gradual introduction.

Which is clearly rather different to signing a young PL player for one season loan straight into the first team.

:roll:

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 29 Jul 2022 08:22

Hound
TiagoIlori

But these are at least the right sort of gambles. Many championship clubs end up having to get one or two unknown prospects on loan to complete their squads.

Yes, though those teams often don’t have strict embargoes on that at the same time…

That goes both ways, they have a much wider range of players available. Its free agents and loans for us, I think we can trust the club when they imply this is the best they can find given recruitment has been relatively good since covid.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 29 Jul 2022 09:11

Hound Under Gomes/Bowen he showed ability but he only really kicked on in his second season though

0 goals 1 assist compared to 7/12 the season after. And Olise is exceptionally good, not sure this lad is at his level (he may be of course)

What I would give for him to be at Olise's level!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Jul 2022 14:18

I remember when we signed Mark McKeever on loan and he looked like a world beater. Turns out his 7 game stint with us was the high point of his career.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Jul 2022 14:29

From Despair To Where? I remember when we signed Mark McKeever on loan and he looked like a world beater. Turns out his 7 game stint with us was the high point of his career.

Recall he destroyed Stoke in 4-0 win at the Britannia and managed 2 goals in 7 appearances at Reading which was the best goals per game ratio of any of the clubs he played for by quite a way. Dropped into non league with Weston-super-Mare in 2003 after a stint at Bristol Rovers and was forced to retire from the game through injury aged 30 in 2009.

Believe he is currently head of coaching at Weston-super-Mare (and will probably be back in the Reading area next Saturday when Weston visit Bracknell Town).

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 31 Jul 2022 11:25

From Despair To Where? I remember when we signed Mark McKeever on loan and he looked like a world beater. Turns out his 7 game stint with us was the high point of his career.

Yes, that was very exciting at the time. He looked ace and he came from the mighty Sheffield Wednesday, if memory serves.

Though my memory clearly isn’t all that as I remembered him playing at Elm Park, but wiki says his loan was 1999.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Jul 2022 12:07

I hope we can pull this one off. Plus, a senior left back and another striker. Right now I’d take a punt on Grabban (if Puscas leaves) and I’d happily take Baba for another season, if possible.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jul 2022 20:58

Apparently just started following Reading on Twitter.

Make of that what you will.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jul 2022 21:12

Stranded Apparently just started following Reading on Twitter.

Sounds positive

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Aug 2022 11:50

Zip

Sounds positive

Not for him it isn't.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 01 Aug 2022 12:00

leon
Zip

Sounds positive

Not for him it isn't.

Lol

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Aug 2022 12:11

Jnr says sources at Chelsea say the deal is close.