Jed Wallace

JedMaxwell

Re: Jed Wallace

by JedMaxwell » 06 May 2022 13:10

Austin seems like a decent shout. He's quite a big personality as well so could take on a leadership role in what will likely be a very inexperienced squad. I think I read he has a young family and would probably not need to uproot them to come to us, which could work in our favour if we did go in for him.

Marshall's a solid keeper and would also be a good experienced head to have in the squad.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 May 2022 13:55

tidus_mi2
JedMaxwell Good player, an unrealistic option but if we did get him I'd expect him to be used centrally to replace Swift, who I think has earned his move to a better side.

To be honest I'd be pretty worried if we actually did sign him, as I'd immediately think some kind of chicanery was going on at board level.

Actually a fair point and I agree, a signing that we shouldn't even be able to make with the levels we've had to reduce to. Would suggest to me we would tell him, sign for x now, we'll boost you to y in 2023.

Pretty certain that would not be allowed !

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 May 2022 14:32

JedMaxwell Good player, an unrealistic option but if we did get him I'd expect him to be used centrally to replace Swift, who I think has earned his move to a better side.

To be honest I'd be pretty worried if we actually did sign him, as I'd immediately think some kind of chicanery was going on at board level.

I wouldn’t be worried as aren’t the FL supposedly meant to approve any deals the club makes so they could hardly approve it and then come back 6 months later and tell Reading that they shouldn’t have signed him.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 May 2022 14:53

Sutekh

I wouldn’t be worried as aren’t the FL supposedly meant to approve any deals the club makes so they could hardly approve it and then come back 6 months later and tell Reading that they shouldn’t have signed him.

They certainly could if we had concealed anything about the deal from them.