706 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Freebies

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Jun 2022 17:00

Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
We got ourselves into this situation, not them. I did think it was a bit strange when we were originally placed under our soft transfer embargo that we went and spent nearly £15m on a bunch of new signings within a matter of days, but again, that's on the club's head more than the EFL's.

If anything, we've had the most lenient punishment of the 4 Championship clubs to have had points deducted. Birmingham and Derby both got -9 for similar reasons and Sheffield Wednesday originally had 12 points deducted, later reduced to just 6, which was worse than what we had.

Precisely. Anger should be directed at Dai Yongee & not the EFL. Breaking the rules is our fault. The only aspect of the punishment I disagree with is not being able to sign players for >1 season.

Which we can. Holmes and Yiadom prove it

To be fair, they were not "signings" rather renewals of current players, although not sure why that would be different to transfers but, as of last season, we were only restricted to one year deals. I suppose it's still unknown as to whether that has changed for this season, but again, I can't see why it wouldn't as we've only got to meet these requirements for this season.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 20 Jun 2022 22:54

Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
We got ourselves into this situation, not them. I did think it was a bit strange when we were originally placed under our soft transfer embargo that we went and spent nearly £15m on a bunch of new signings within a matter of days, but again, that's on the club's head more than the EFL's.

If anything, we've had the most lenient punishment of the 4 Championship clubs to have had points deducted. Birmingham and Derby both got -9 for similar reasons and Sheffield Wednesday originally had 12 points deducted, later reduced to just 6, which was worse than what we had.

Precisely. Anger should be directed at Dai Yongee & not the EFL. Breaking the rules is our fault. The only aspect of the punishment I disagree with is not being able to sign players for >1 season.

Not sure we could though prior to the McIntyre deal. And we haven’t been able to sign players from outside the club for >1 season

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Jun 2022 07:32

Notts Royal
Snowflake Royal
Notts Royal

Not sure we could though prior to the McIntyre deal. And we haven’t been able to sign players from outside the club for >1 season

Yes we have.
We signed at least 4 players from outside the club last season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jun 2022 12:57

Nameless
Notts Royal
Snowflake Royal Which we can. Holmes and Yiadom prove it

Yes we have.

We haven't been able to sign players for contracts of more than one season, from outside the club.

Not, for more than one season, we haven't been able to sign players from outside the club.

In response to Notts Royal, last season different restrictions apply. This season we are yet to sign a player who was last registered at another club, who is not a loan.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jun 2022 08:55

Wouldn’t be a freebie and hence we won’t get him I doubt but sounds like we were interested in Alex Cochrane - young left back who had a decent season for Hearts last year

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Jun 2022 09:39

I thought that Peterborough left back was very good when they played them away, can't remember his name but he was on loan there.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Jun 2022 10:27

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Notts Royal

Yes we have.

We haven't been able to sign players for contracts of more than one season, from outside the club.

Not, for more than one season, we haven't been able to sign players from outside the club.

In response to Notts Royal, last season different restrictions apply. This season we are yet to sign a player who was last registered at another club, who is not a loan.

3 years for tince

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Jun 2022 11:09

Norfolk Royal I thought that Peterborough left back was very good when they played them away, can't remember his name but he was on loan there.

Hayden Coulson, he's at Middlesboro.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Jun 2022 11:46

Stranded
Norfolk Royal I thought that Peterborough left back was very good when they played them away, can't remember his name but he was on loan there.

Hayden Coulson, he's at Middlesboro.

Thanks. Admittedly only saw him that one game but looked aggressive and good going forward. MIddlesborough don't seem to want him.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/reali ... lesbrough/

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jun 2022 13:03

Brogue
Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Yes we have.

3 years for tince

Yep. 1 year thing well and truly put to bed.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 23 Jun 2022 19:25

How many loanees can we have in a match day squad? Is it 5?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Jun 2022 20:08

Andy Carroll in talks with club Brugge. I think we can put this one to bed

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 23 Jun 2022 20:25

He was never coming back to us tbh.

I am struggling to think who we can sign in central midfield, Korey Smith springs to mind but not many others. I know this will not happen due to the abuse he received while here but I can’t help thinking that DD might return. I got the feeling he got on well with Ince but probably utter madness to think he’d come back.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 23 Jun 2022 20:28

blythspartan He was never coming back to us tbh.

I am struggling to think who we can sign in central midfield, Korey Smith springs to mind but not many others. I know this will not happen due to the abuse he received while here but I can’t help thinking that DD might return. I got the feeling he got on well with Ince but probably utter madness to think he’d come back.

Probably utter madness to think we could afford his wages

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jun 2022 07:37

With Carroll, Thought there was a chance when he first got released but yeah not now, we’d have heard something

Also a totally different management team in charge now

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Jun 2022 07:55

72 bus

He’s been let go by Chelsea and is coming towards the end of his career so he might want to play for peanuts. I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to the MLS as I can’t see any teams wanting to pay him big bucks in the premiership or EFL but maybe someone will take a punt.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2022 08:25

72 bus

Probably utter madness to think he’d be any good the majority of the time.

A walking 5 - 10 goals to the opposition a season.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Jun 2022 08:45

72 bus

If he'd take a wage of like £10k a week (or what we can afford), I'd have him back to be honest. Improved under Ince and showed signs of his game that I previously didn't think he could do, winning the ball and the ugly side of the game, so would end up being a decent player.

But I'd imagine it's almost certain not to happen.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Jun 2022 09:08

YorkshireRoyal99
72 bus

If he'd take a wage of like £10k a week (or what we can afford), I'd have him back to be honest. Improved under Ince and showed signs of his game that I previously didn't think he could do, winning the ball and the ugly side of the game, so would end up being a decent player.

But I'd imagine it's almost certain not to happen.

+1 was the most improved player once Ince came in.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Jun 2022 10:37

It would have been hard for him not to improve based upon his performances before Ince arrived.

Has it got so bad that Danny Drinkwater would be welcomed back with open arms?

706 posts