Amadou Mbengue

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Amadou Mbengue

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Sep 2022 06:40

windermereROYAL Happy with this, the 12th signing, with hopefully Carroll coming up next how can we afford them all and stay within the restrictions?

It simple really. Of the 12 signings, how many are we paying more than £8k a week? I reckon the bulk of them are on less than £5k a week and we're only paying maybe 10% of Hendrick and Rahman's wages.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Sep 2022 08:23

From Despair To Where?
windermereROYAL Happy with this, the 12th signing, with hopefully Carroll coming up next how can we afford them all and stay within the restrictions?

It simple really. Of the 12 signings, how many are we paying more than £8k a week? I reckon the bulk of them are on less than £5k a week and we're only paying maybe 10% of Hendrick and Rahman's wages.

Very much this - a lot of the players on our books have earnt their money - Ince we know was on nearly 30k pw, I think Hoilett back in his QPR days was on silly money - 45k pw was reported a few times. From a quick look around the net, Hoilett is reportedly taking home about 4k pw with us.

Hutchinson was on 5.5k at Sheff Weds, so can't see him being on more than that here.

Mbengue was allegedly only on €800 pw at Metz, so could easily be paying him around the 1k mark. NGW was earning less than 1k pw at Wimbledon, so likely on similar or only slightly more now in order to prove himself at this level.

We seem to have been very clever - to get a player who made 12 apps, with 5 starts, in Ligue 1 last season and is 20 for a low wage and no fee is an excellent bit of business. Sure I read we have the option to extend his deal, which I'm sure they will take if he continues to show his worth.

Don't think he has his visa through yet, so he may make the bench on Saturday else be available for Huddersfield. There are 11 games in 43 days after the break, he could well be a massive addition in terms of rotation.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Sep 2022 08:33

Loum is apparently on £6k a week at Porto, Fornah £2k a week at Forest and Lumley £6k a week at Boro so even if we're paying their full wages, that's less than Joao. What was Bouzanis on at Sutton? Less than £1k a week?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Sep 2022 08:45

Still fixing the unholy mess that Gourley and Kia put us in, thank god we`ve got Bowen in to steady the ship.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Sep 2022 08:49

From Despair To Where? Loum is apparently on £6k a week at Porto, Fornah £2k a week at Forest and Lumley £6k a week at Boro so even if we're paying their full wages, that's less than Joao. What was Bouzanis on at Sutton? Less than £1k a week?

Can't find much on his salary at Sutton but would guess he is taking no more than 2k here.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Sep 2022 08:55

windermereROYAL Still fixing the unholy mess that Gourley and Kia put us in, thank god we`ve got Bowen in to steady the ship.

Probably the best bit of business we have done bringing Bowen back.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Sep 2022 12:48

From Despair To Where? Loum is apparently on £6k a week at Porto, Fornah £2k a week at Forest and Lumley £6k a week at Boro so even if we're paying their full wages, that's less than Joao. What was Bouzanis on at Sutton? Less than £1k a week?

Makes an absolute mockery of our previous wage structure doesn’t it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Sep 2022 12:50

windermereROYAL Still fixing the unholy mess that Gourley and Kia put us in, thank god we`ve got Bowen in to steady the ship.

A lot of problem signings were made after Gourlay left, and there wasn't exactly much done to put it right straight away.

The main problem is still here.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Sep 2022 13:19

Snowflake Royal

There's no issue with paying 2 or 3 key players £15k a week as long as the back up players are on sensible wages.

Its a peculiarly English problem though. Take the Champions League clubs out of the equation and you look at the top flights in Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Netherlands. Yes, most clubs will have a handful of players on £20k+ a week but the majority of the squad players are on £6-8k a week max.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Sep 2022 13:45

Because the total cost is less than our restriction. Simple as that.
We don’t have the option to over spend.
It’s been just the opportunity we needed.
Almost worth the 6 point deduction last season (actually definitely worth the deduction) to get us operating smartly for a change.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Sep 2022 14:04

Snowflake Royal

Yes

Mindblowing to think back to the likes of Aluko and Gunter who could well have been earning 20k pw along with a load of others at the same time

Absolute idiocy

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Sep 2022 14:11

I wonder how things would have gone if Tevreden had struck around. We seemed to get a lot of things right over his first summer at the club but Gourlay came in and he got shunted sideways.

I know Tevreden was quite bitter about Gourlay. Somebody clearly did a number on Dai for Gourlay to come in.

Don't really want to take the discussion further away from Mbengue but if we can continue to solidify the home form, then for every 2,000 fans that come back, that's £1m in extra revenue over the course of a season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Sep 2022 18:04

Seems promising. Gives us a bit of cover where we're arguably lightest right now.