Hector

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Hector

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 29 Sep 2022 10:13

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Nameless The only way I can see this happening is if Dann is going to give up the battle to get fit. And I would only want it to be on the same terms as the Carroll deal - short contract to January. His ‘wage demands’ aren’t an issue, he’ll get a take it or leave it offer.
In an ideal world Moore is fit after the World Cup and the club mend bridges and he gives us top class cover for the remaining part of his contract. Any other solution is either unrealistic or simply based on ignorance.

Really, because your solution seems to be based in fantasy land.

Are you posting on the wrong thread ? Your response bears no relation to my comments on here.

Tbf, you have said that any other solution other than him being fit and used as part of our squad is either unrealistic or ignorant...

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Sep 2022 11:18

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Really, because your solution seems to be based in fantasy land.

Are you posting on the wrong thread ? Your response bears no relation to my comments on here.

Tbf, you have said that any other solution other than him being fit and used as part of our squad is either unrealistic or ignorant...

Not at all.
I’ve said he’s not likely to play again, although in an IDEAL world that would be the best situation.
The other suggested solutions (we persuade a club to pay a lot of money for an unfit player or we persuade a badly treated player to subsidise the club) both seem to fit my definitions.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 29 Sep 2022 11:30

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless

Not at all.
I’ve said he’s not likely to play again, although in an IDEAL world that would be the best situation.
The other suggested solutions (we persuade a club to pay a lot of money for an unfit player or we persuade a badly treated player to subsidise the club) both seem to fit my definitions.

Depends what you define as "a lot of money" because it depends who we are looking to sell/loan to and who would be interested. Again, wouldn't put that under an unrealistic scenario personally speaking.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Sep 2022 11:51

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99

Not at all.

Depends what you define as "a lot of money" because it depends who we are looking to sell/loan to and who would be interested. Again, wouldn't put that under an unrealistic scenario personally speaking.

I think 15k is a lot of money for someone to pay for an unfit player with a terrible recent injury record and a character which has been trashed by his employers ! The only club I can imagine might be in the market would be West Brom, assuming Gourlay hasn’t been evicted by January.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 29 Sep 2022 11:59

Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
Not at all.

I think 15k is a lot of money for someone to pay for an unfit player with a terrible recent injury record and a character which has been trashed by his employers ! The only club I can imagine might be in the market would be West Brom, assuming Gourlay hasn’t been evicted by January.

We don't have to take half of his wages, we could take 25% and it's still useful to us, we could take £10k and that would be even more useful for us etc. There probably only are a handful of clubs willing to take him anyway, but it would be more likely by paying less of his wages.

Still works out better for us as we can use that resource elsewhere or someone/something that will be more beneficial. It also helps the player play more games as well in order to try and earn a good deal elsewhere.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Sep 2022 13:16

YorkshireRoyal99
Nameless
YorkshireRoyal99

We don't have to take half of his wages, we could take 25% and it's still useful to us, we could take £10k and that would be even more useful for us etc. There probably only are a handful of clubs willing to take him anyway, but it would be more likely by paying less of his wages.

Still works out better for us as we can use that resource elsewhere or someone/something that will be more beneficial. It also helps the player play more games as well in order to try and earn a good deal elsewhere.

Who knows.
We’d need to get very lucky to find a club willing to take a risk, and to be somewhere Moore fancied going.
At the age of 30 and with his experiences over the last year maybe he’ll just decide to pack in.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 29 Sep 2022 17:05

blythspartan I have never really rated him tbh. I am not sure we need another centre back either. I know we need to get him off the wage bill but a fit fully focused Liam Moore is a better player.

An absolutely shocking take. One that would make me question whether or not you are a supporter. Certainly not one who is engaged in recent situations at the club.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Sep 2022 17:27

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan
From Despair To Where?
Give me Ivar over Moore any day of the week.

I was trying to get a reaction from Mr Royal tbh. Moore has been decent enough but agree that Ivar, Sonko, Hicks and a few others have been better over the years.

You're not going to get a bite by dangling a flashing neon sign saying bait in the water.

For the record, I'd say four years ago Moore had the potential to be up there with Ivar, Sonko, Gorkss, Pearce, Wdowczyk, Williams, Upson, Miazga etc.

But he's not close anymore and hasn't been for quite some time. He's gone a long way downhill.

Never thought Miazga was as good as he was made out to be. He joined at a time where we had the likes of Ilori, O’Shea and Blackett as CB’s so was naturally an improvement but the defence was still fairly leaky with him in his first season and in his second, due to injuries, suspensions etc, he didn’t kick on at all

In some ways, Moore’s a victim of being here too long during a long period of mediocrity for the club (and that’s being generous). Not quite to the same extent given he’s on considerably higher wages but the same sort of situation with Gunter and McCleary, a lot of people disliked them because they’d outstayed their welcome and things had gone rather stale for them

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 29 Sep 2022 17:38

John Smith
blythspartan I have never really rated him tbh. I am not sure we need another centre back either. I know we need to get him off the wage bill but a fit fully focused Liam Moore is a better player.

An absolutely shocking take. One that would make me question whether or not you are a supporter. Certainly not one who is engaged in recent situations at the club.

What’s your take? I am a STH but admittedly no longer live in Reading. With the news about Sarr I can see that Hector might be a sensible option. I did used to rate Moore tbh but accept he’s no longer the player he was. I’d still say Moore of a few years ago was a better player than Hector.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Sep 2022 17:42

blythspartan
John Smith

What’s your take? I am a STH but admittedly no longer live in Reading. With the news about Sarr I can see that Hector might be a sensible option. I did used to rate Moore tbh but accept he’s no longer the player he was. I’d still say Moore of a few years ago was a better player than Hector.

And doesn’t Hector give another DM option? Seem to recall him getting that gig a few times previously and looking reasonable.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2022 18:15

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
blythspartan
I was trying to get a reaction from Mr Royal tbh. Moore has been decent enough but agree that Ivar, Sonko, Hicks and a few others have been better over the years.

You're not going to get a bite by dangling a flashing neon sign saying bait in the water.

For the record, I'd say four years ago Moore had the potential to be up there with Ivar, Sonko, Gorkss, Pearce, Wdowczyk, Williams, Upson, Miazga etc.

But he's not close anymore and hasn't been for quite some time. He's gone a long way downhill.

Never thought Miazga was as good as he was made out to be. He joined at a time where we had the likes of Ilori, O’Shea and Blackett as CB’s so was naturally an improvement but the defence was still fairly leaky with him in his first season and in his second, due to injuries, suspensions etc, he didn’t kick on at all

In some ways, Moore’s a victim of being here too long during a long period of mediocrity for the club (and that’s being generous). Not quite to the same extent given he’s on considerably higher wages but the same sort of situation with Gunter and McCleary, a lot of people disliked them because they’d outstayed their welcome and things had gone rather stale for them

#never rated Gunter. 8)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2022 18:16

Sutekh
blythspartan
John Smith An absolutely shocking take. One that would make me question whether or not you are a supporter. Certainly not one who is engaged in recent situations at the club.

And doesn’t Hector give another DM option? Seem to recall him getting that gig a few times previously and looking reasonable.

Yup.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 30 Sep 2022 07:55

Last night Bowen confirmed that the Hector deal won’t happen unless someone in the 25 man squad gets injured and is out for the season or a loan player goes back in January

https://twitter.com/smujjii87/status/15 ... Jsypw&s=19

Do we really have a squad of 25?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Sep 2022 08:10

morganb
Last night Bowen confirmed that the Hector deal won’t happen unless someone in the 25 man squad gets injured and is out for the season or a loan player goes back in January

I presume a 25 man squad is the same for every club in the FL and not just enforced on clubs in breach of ffp?

Also does a club name its 25 man squad or are there some other rules that the FL use to define who qualifies for a club’s squad?

Guess Reading are now stuffed until January barring season long injuries or a non-league club taking a player on loan.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Sep 2022 09:35

Sutekh
morganb

I presume a 25 man squad is the same for every club in the FL and not just enforced on clubs in breach of ffp?

Also does a club name its 25 man squad or are there some other rules that the FL use to define who qualifies for a club’s squad?

Guess Reading are now stuffed until January barring season long injuries or a non-league club taking a player on loan.

Every club registers a 25 man squad but we have the restriction of them being "permitted players" for us - so we can only have 25 players registered who have started more than 3 games at Champ level or higher (or equivalent). Youth players at the club do not count towards this if u21 but a new signing made after the EFL agreement counts as a permitted player even if they have never played Champ level.

The grey area seems to be if this impacts a player like John Clarke, who signed after the agreement but is u21. If the squad is now maxed out, it may well be that he (or someone else) counts that we previously thought didn't.

Perhaps a shame that Hector can't sign and if it is the injured Dann that is stopping it happening then more fuel to the flames that his contract extension was a very poor bit of business.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 30 Sep 2022 09:52

I guess it means we are working on a 1 out 1 in policy now then, which to be fair I'm not too fussed about really. trying to get rid of Moore's wages the best we can in Jan will help the club because it might mean keeping the likes of Carroll and Mbengue on for the longer term whilst bringing someone in to replace Moore in the 25 man squad.

We've got numbers, it's now more about keeping players as fit as possible. It's been a tough ask for years though, particularly when Dann will probably never be fit for us.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Sep 2022 20:15

morganb

That’s interesting as in another interview he said he’s handed this over to Bowen to thrash a contract out with him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Oct 2022 23:08

According to Jnr we tried to terminate Dann’s contract and offer Hector a deal but the EFL said no because Dann wasn’t likely to be out for the season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Oct 2022 08:52

Zip According to Jnr we tried to terminate Dann’s contract and offer Hector a deal but the EFL said no because Dann wasn’t likely to be out for the season.

That would be outrageous, and also wouldn’t be anything the EFL had a say over.
I believe what we tried to do was have Dann excluded from our squad of 25 due to injury but the response was we could only do that if it was a season long injury.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 Oct 2022 13:39

Nameless
Zip According to Jnr we tried to terminate Dann’s contract and offer Hector a deal but the EFL said no because Dann wasn’t likely to be out for the season.

That would be outrageous, and also wouldn’t be anything the EFL had a say over.
I believe what we tried to do was have Dann excluded from our squad of 25 due to injury but the response was we could only do that if it was a season long injury.

They'd have a say because it would mean paying off the remainder of Dann's contract would it not?

Don't see why we can't exclude him from our squad of 25 that we need and replace him with Hector, he's out until January anyway so it's not as if anything will happen until the windows open again where we can bring in/replace players.