Re: Points Deduction AGAIN

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Mar 2023 21:44

A demo against what?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Mar 2023 21:54

Snowflake Royal A demo against what?

No oxf*rd clue, club should at least be afforded the opportunity to explain themselves and any demo/protest should happen at a home game.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 30 Mar 2023 22:10

Lord Cockend and the merry band of Twitter fcukwits are preposterous morons.

They make us lot on here look (almost) sane.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Mar 2023 09:40

Well from reports yesterday the day as allegedly arrived, tick tock tick tock tick tock............

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 31 Mar 2023 10:02

Can't see it being today, after the ReadingFC twitter page recent #CorridorOfUncertainty Tweet.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Mar 2023 10:24

Think my favourite tweet was some muppet saying we should protest because the club aren’t telling us anything, whilst retweeting a journalist’s post of Paul Ince telling us something

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Mar 2023 10:37

Hound We’re in a complete mess tbh. Tons of injuries, poor form, poor side generally

We’ll do very well to stay up

This

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 31 Mar 2023 10:40

Was wondering how many people work for EFL, i.e. if it is just one man and a dog I tried to find out but didn't get very far.
My thinking was whether there may just be a part-timer currently on paternity leave for example who is responsible for reporting to a committee etc but my brief search didn't come up with much other than that 2 jobs are vacant:-
Independent non-executive director.
People Administrator (whatever that may be).

However , of vague interest to we Reading fans was a job available at Reading:-

Academy Kit Assistant.

For a club that is supposedly watching every penny I would have thought the Academy lads themselves could be helping out the main Academy kit man. :wink:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Mar 2023 10:42

Theroyalbox Can't see it being today, after the ReadingFC twitter page recent #CorridorOfUncertainty Tweet.

Bit tone deaf but did make me lol

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Mar 2023 15:08

Snowflake Royal FL statement Saturday - Our investigation has concluded and and determined no wrong doing. Reading will not receive any further penalties.

FL statement Sunday - Jokes! 6 points suspended is being applied plus a further 9 for subsequent breaches.

Oh the Bants that would be.

:lol: This is the only thing that would make it ok.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Mar 2023 15:28

It's all a misunderstanding. It's actually 6 pints, not points, that is being applied as the FL were so impressed with the way Reading willingly co-operated and complied with the agreed business plan.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 31 Mar 2023 15:35

Crowbar6753
tidus_mi2 Man Twitter is full of people who actually think relegation will be the end of the club.

Melodramatic much.

Teams get relegated all the time, its not the "end of days". I remember standing on the pitch at Elm Park on the last day of the season i think and we beat Wrexham 1-0 if memory serves me right and we still got relegated!!
Sometimes it sucks for a while and sometimes you come back stronger....Ipswich, Sheff.W, Pompey, Derby and Sunderland, Man.City have all been relegated in recent times. Some hang around for a while whilst some come straight back up...if its a means of resetting the club and getting back to basics then so be it!! Some of these teams are getting near full stadiums each week!!
Getting eye's on some different stadiums may be of interested to our away support and it may even increase the size of our travelling core, and it looks like there may be some pretty tasty local derbies thrown in also!!
If it means we have to rely more heavily on our younger players and utilize the lower leagues for any new additions and reset with a new manager and hopefully a more attractive brand of football then maybe we can survive and thrive and come back stronger with a rejuvenated squad of players.
Its certainly not great, but its not the end!!

I remember that Wrexham game and the next season we would no longer have the brilliant Kerry Dixon but the new God arrived, Trevor Senior and he did rather well for us.
You are right, it wouldn't be the end but I really don't want to be watching 3rd tier football again so would very much prefer it if we stayed up.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 31 Mar 2023 15:40

Keep reading all the kids on Twitter banging on about another demonstration etc etc.

FWIW

Yes, if it is proven that the club broke the agreed business plan which was agreed last season and that has resulted in 6pt deduction then yes - there needs to be answers. If the points are as a result of previous offences (which Ince eluded too before) then I don't see why there should be another protest.

HOWEVER

I personally don't see the value in any sort of demonstration until the end of the season. These 6pts are going to be very hard to take, for the players, staff, fans etc. But without sounding cliché, now is the time to stick together and fight to stay in the league - because relegation could literally be catastrophic for the club. No good will come from slating the manager, players, Bowen right now - we need to get behind them and graft for the points to stay up - even with the dire football we play.

THEN

Best case scenario, we stay up, we get the answers, we can give Ince a golden handshake for keeping us up in two brutal seasons and move on with a young progressive manager that wants to play exciting attacking football.

But until then, we need the likes of Joao and Meite to put in a final shift for us but they inevitably leave in the summer and keep us in the league.

See you at Bristol tomorrow.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 31 Mar 2023 15:52

It's like people have completely lost sight of the fact that relegation is just part of the sports competition that RFC have entered.

It's like finishing near the back of a marathon then saying its unacceptable, moaning about the organisers and then staging a protest about it

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Mar 2023 15:55

hughsies no.1 Keep reading all the kids on Twitter banging on about another demonstration etc etc.

FWIW

Yes, if it is proven that the club broke the agreed business plan which was agreed last season and that has resulted in 6pt deduction then yes - there needs to be answers. If the points are as a result of previous offences (which Ince eluded too before) then I don't see why there should be another protest.

HOWEVER

I personally don't see the value in any sort of demonstration until the end of the season. These 6pts are going to be very hard to take, for the players, staff, fans etc. But without sounding cliché, now is the time to stick together and fight to stay in the league - because relegation could literally be catastrophic for the club. No good will come from slating the manager, players, Bowen right now - we need to get behind them and graft for the points to stay up - even with the dire football we play.

THEN

Best case scenario, we stay up, we get the answers, we can give Ince a golden handshake for keeping us up in two brutal seasons and move on with a young progressive manager that wants to play exciting attacking football.

But until then, we need the likes of Joao and Meite to put in a final shift for us but they inevitably leave in the summer and keep us in the league.

See you at Bristol tomorrow.

Yes, demo'ing tomorrow would just be embarrassing not least because we don't have the facts to know what to actually demonstrate about. Yes you can demo generally about the ownership, but then the fans of most clubs would probably be justified in that. And while the Dai's have done some crazy stupid things they have also invested heavily in the academy, subsidised fans for travel to games on occasion and seen that the club does not owe money left, right and centre and is able to pay its way (at least currently) and there's many clubs that struggle to do even that.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 31 Mar 2023 15:59

Winston Biscuit It's like people have completely lost sight of the fact that relegation is just part of the sports competition that RFC have entered.

It's like finishing near the back of a marathon then saying its unacceptable, moaning about the organisers and then staging a protest about it

I completely get that, but it is a slightly different scenario for us - you really think Dai will be sticking around with us in League One? Financially it would cripple us if he left. Crowds could easily get down to 6/7k.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Mar 2023 17:04

Another 5pm, still no decision.

Thanks for the 24/48hr heads up Paul.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Mar 2023 17:53

Daily routine:

Wake up, switch on Sky Sports fearing the scrolling yellow bar of doom announcing our 6 point penalty. Not there.

Go on HNA? for the latest and most up to date and detailed analyis of the situation.

Groundhog Day

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Mar 2023 17:59

Stand by for plenty of fake news tomorrow April 1st

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 31 Mar 2023 18:21

tidus_mi2 Another 5pm, still no decision.

Thanks for the 24/48hr heads up Paul.

He's not been that reliable on this....

When it broke "points deduction within the week"

Before the international break "it will happen by next Thurs"

Then yesterday..... I genuinely believed what he said yesterday as he started going on about lifting the players/morale etc...

763 posts