New manager rumours and speculation

768 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: New manager rumours and speculation

by Sutekh » 30 May 2023 15:50

Yermas! But that scam only convinced one person.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 May 2023 17:43

Royal Monkey
Sutekh
Royal Monkey On the 1871 podcast that went out last night they started by saying they believe Chris Wilder will be our new manager and it will be announced this week, maybe even today ??
Hope their right will be a great appointment!

Absolutely, but they're probably just looking at the betting and twitter frenzy, sadly I don't think they're any more ITK than anyone on this board.

Really cos he said it like he absolutely knew it was happening!

So do most social media attention seekers making stuff up to be fair.

Sounding certain isn’t much of a recommendation.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 30 May 2023 17:57

Royal Monkey On the 1871 podcast that went out last night they started by saying they believe Chris Wilder will be our new manager and it will be announced this week, maybe even today ??

They also said a couple of weeks ago that fans would be able to meet the new manager on 2nd June and then had to backtrack in the following episode because they hadn't read the season ticket announcement properly. They know no more than any of us.

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 30 May 2023 21:22

Orion1871

They also said a couple of weeks ago that fans would be able to meet the new manager on 2nd June and then had to backtrack in the following episode because they hadn't read the season ticket announcement properly. They know no more than any of us.

Fair enough only saying.
FWIW the ex Sheff Utd physio who worked with Wilder has just started following Reading players on twitter apparently. Read into that what you will lol

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 31 May 2023 00:09

Royal Monkey
Orion1871

Fair enough only saying.
FWIW the ex Sheff Utd physio who worked with Wilder has just started following Reading players on twitter apparently. Read into that what you will lol

So Carey, Dublin, the physio. We really are getting the blades band back together. Who next, Alan Knill or Stuart McCall?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 31 May 2023 06:42

Alan Cork looking a bit stubbly, as if he has stopped shaving again

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 31 May 2023 07:01

Pepe the Horseman Do y'all remember when Big Mike convinced everyone Gyfli was re-signing...

To be fair, the club did make bids for him [link]; it wasn't completely unfounded. I believe a major factor in Tottenham rejecting the bids was them not being able to bring in a viable first team alternative. How close we actually came to re-signing Gylfi is something we'll probably never know.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 May 2023 07:14

Clyde1998
Pepe the Horseman Do y'all remember when Big Mike convinced everyone Gyfli was re-signing...

To be fair, the club did make bids for him [link]; it wasn't completely unfounded. I believe a major factor in Tottenham rejecting the bids was them not being able to bring in a viable first team alternative. How close we actually came to re-signing Gylfi is something we'll probably never know.

According to that article we also failed in a bid to sign Blackpool's Tom Ince.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 May 2023 08:03

The 1871 podcast guys are fairly convinced that Mr Wilder will get the gig and that things should be revealed at some point this week but they're not saying it's 100% cast iron going to happen just that they're fairly convinced from people they've spoken to. They've also said that Ryan Mason has been interviewed for the post.....

Just want it sorted now so fans can get the over the top arse licking and "PL in 2/3 years dreaming" or unwarranted "before a ball is kicked" slagging of the new bloke and club in general out of the way.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 May 2023 10:25

Don't forget the new manager will need time for his "team to gel".

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 May 2023 11:23

Ryan Mason would have been an interesting choice. I do think he's got something to prove in management and clearly seems interested in stepping into it, but I can understand why we'd favour somebody like Wilder over himself. Hopefully something will be announced by the end of the week, if not sooner.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 May 2023 11:48

It isn't interesting is it? We aren't a proving ground for previously failed coaches. :roll:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 May 2023 12:49

YorkshireRoyal99 Ryan Mason would have been an interesting choice. I do think he's got something to prove in management and clearly seems interested in stepping into it, but I can understand why we'd favour somebody like Wilder over himself. Hopefully something will be announced by the end of the week, if not sooner.

Personally, I am not keen on a manager with no experience of League One. Wilder is the best we can hope for and after him someone who knows the league or has got a side promoted fairly recently.

Obviously, it can work with an inexperienced manager but I do wonder how someone like Mason would get on managing players who don’t have the same technical ability as the players he’s been around during his time at Spurs.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 May 2023 13:34

blythspartan
YorkshireRoyal99 Ryan Mason would have been an interesting choice. I do think he's got something to prove in management and clearly seems interested in stepping into it, but I can understand why we'd favour somebody like Wilder over himself. Hopefully something will be announced by the end of the week, if not sooner.

Personally, I am not keen on a manager with no experience of League One. Wilder is the best we can hope for and after him someone who knows the league or has got a side promoted fairly recently.

Obviously, it can work with an inexperienced manager but I do wonder how someone like Mason would get on managing players who don’t have the same technical ability as the players he’s been around during his time at Spurs.

Yeah I'd certainly prefer Wilder to be in charge rather than Mason, but I'm always keen on seeing how someone new does who steps into the job. I feel like he's got a career in management somewhere.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 May 2023 16:08

Hopefully it's not just because they watched the 1871 podcast....

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sour ... is-wilder/

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 31 May 2023 16:33

Sutekh Hopefully it's not just because they watched the 1871 podcast....

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sour ... is-wilder/

SkySportsPete also backing this up now. Hopefully get this sorted this week and start the rebuild. Ince left in April.. but if Wilder is first choice and we get out man, then full credit to Bowen!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 May 2023 17:30

YorkshireRoyal99
blythspartan

Yeah I'd certainly prefer Wilder to be in charge rather than Mason, but I'm always keen on seeing how someone new does who steps into the job. I feel like he's got a career in management somewhere.

Probably not if he starts with us though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 May 2023 18:21

Think it’s a good gig for wilder, he’s prob just needed a bit of persuading it’s the case

With the Puscas money apparently in, he has something of a transfer fund, a half decent spine, a good academy and a very good chance to rebuild his rep

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 31 May 2023 19:28

That’s outstanding getting £3.5m for Puscas.

Only just seen Mason has been interviewed as well. If the 1871 Podcast aren’t just buying into ITK tweets…

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 May 2023 21:09

PATRIQT That’s outstanding getting £3.5m for Puscas.

Only just seen Mason has been interviewed as well. If the 1871 Podcast aren’t just buying into ITK tweets…

How else are they going to find out about it?

768 posts