RUMOUR - Hunt to Sunderland

258 posts
Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 05 Jan 2008 18:47

Victor Meldrew Thought I had better get in first.
A goal from 50 yards and one from 2 yards-is there no end to the boy's talent?
Presumably Sunderland would have to offer at least £10 million now to have any chance of getting Huntaldo. :wink:

So you weren't at the game then? Neither was I, but I've seen quotes from people saying that Hunt played a very good captain's game.

I've no idea why you've got a downer on Hunt, unless it's simply to state an opinion that goes against everyone else's.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Jan 2008 18:57

Hampshire Royal
Victor Meldrew Thought I had better get in first.
A goal from 50 yards and one from 2 yards-is there no end to the boy's talent?
Presumably Sunderland would have to offer at least £10 million now to have any chance of getting Huntaldo. :wink:

So you weren't at the game then? Neither was I, but I've seen quotes from people saying that Hunt played a very good captain's game.

I've no idea why you've got a downer on Hunt, unless it's simply to state an opinion that goes against everyone else's.

After today I'm warming to him...unless he goes to Sunderland of course. :wink:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 07 Jan 2008 01:34

He admits there is uncertainty whether he will be a Royals player at the end of the January transfer window.

"Who knows, people said I would leave Reading a couple of years ago and I'm still here now," he said. "But the club knows my situation and how I feel and we'll see what happens.

"It's entirely up to Reading."

Hunt has vowed to continue performing for Reading even if his future appears in the balance.

He added: "I told the club what I thought about that and that will remain private. I'll just keep going and see what happens. Only time will tell."

Hunt acknowledged the lure of working with Ireland legend Roy Keane, who is in his first season as a Premier League manager.

"Sunderland is a big club and Roy's doing a great job there," he said.

"But I'm here, Reading know my situation and I'll give my best for them. That's all I can do."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... _id=506519

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 07 Jan 2008 03:43

That Friday Feeling He admits there is uncertainty whether he will be a Royals player at the end of the January transfer window.

"Who knows, people said I would leave Reading a couple of years ago and I'm still here now," he said. "But the club knows my situation and how I feel and we'll see what happens.

Hunt has vowed to continue performing for Reading even if his future appears in the balance.

He added: "I told the club what I thought about that and that will remain private. I'll just keep going and see what happens. Only time will tell."

Hunt acknowledged the lure of working with Ireland legend Roy Keane, who is in his first season as a Premier League manager.

"But I'm here, Reading know my situation and I'll give my best for them. That's all I can do."

Steve Coppell There is no way Stephen Hunt will be leaving this club at this moment in time.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 07 Jan 2008 08:32

rotherwick_royal Coppell's said he's going nowhere, so you might as well lock this thread.

He also said he'd be making a load of signings when the window opens.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Jan 2008 11:27

Everyone has their price, but unless Sunderland bid something in the region of 5 million+ I think its a safe bet that he's going nowhere.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 07 Jan 2008 14:45

That Friday Feeling He admits there is uncertainty whether he will be a Royals player at the end of the January transfer window.

that to me sounds like hunt would be disapointed if reading even considered selling him

but sunderland is a good club blah blah blah

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 07 Jan 2008 15:25

The Guardian this morning quoted Hunt as refusing to commit to his future at the clubs.

To paraphrase (I can't be arsed to find the exact quote) it said he was chatting in his normal chirpy way after the Spurs game about the match, when his future was raised he went unusually quiet and refused to make any solid statements

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 07 Jan 2008 15:28

Y21_Royal The Guardian this morning quoted Hunt as refusing to commit to his future at the clubs.

To paraphrase (I can't be arsed to find the exact quote) it said he was chatting in his normal chirpy way after the Spurs game about the match, when his future was raised he went unusually quiet and refused to make any solid statements

its the same interview
all he said is he's at reading, will give his all, its totally down to the club, but sunderland are a big team i would be honoured to be linked etc etc

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 07 Jan 2008 16:18

brendywendy
Y21_Royal The Guardian this morning quoted Hunt as refusing to commit to his future at the clubs.

its the same interview
all he said is he's at reading, will give his all, its totally down to the club, but sunderland are a big team i would be honoured to be linked etc etc

Hunty is probably trying to get a pay increase - cannot blame him really if he is one of the lower paid players. SC will not let him go - no way unless Sunderland pay silly money - £10M plus. Apart from anything else SC would look a bit silly having said Hunt is going nowhere.

fozziebear

by fozziebear » 07 Jan 2008 19:45

Was reported on BBC Radio Berks today that SC rejected a £3m bid from Sunderland again.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jan 2008 20:03

An extra £500k?

They could double it and I'm not sure we'd even pause to consider, let alone accept.

SunderLOLand

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 08 Jan 2008 08:13

Hunt won't be going anywhere

Read on the BBC rumours that Sunderland are confident they will sign him....Makes me laugh.

:lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Jan 2008 09:17

Couple of the papers today say we have accepted that he wants to go to Sunderland but will not let him go cheap.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 08 Jan 2008 09:18

He deserves an improved contract though - an unsettled Hunt would not be half as effective.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 08 Jan 2008 09:26

rotherwick_royal He deserves an improved contract though - an unsettled Hunt would not be half as effective.

We did last summer..

Fact is, if the player whats to go & join his other Caravan lovers up @ Sunderland we cannot stop him. That is if Sunderland actually come in with a realistic offer for him.

Looks like Matty Taylor might be needed even more then................as Hunt's replacement.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Jan 2008 09:29

Star and Mirror both reporting that Sunderland want both Hunt and Lita for a combined £6/7M :lol:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Jan 2008 09:59

Sunderland are now starting to make themselves look both desperate and silly.

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 08 Jan 2008 10:02

Platypuss Star and Mirror both reporting that Sunderland want both Hunt and Lita for a combined £6/7M :lol:

6/7mil is Fcuk all!

Will just be Keane mouthing off again as usual, he can have lita, but Hunt "is going nowhere".

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 08 Jan 2008 10:10

Hunty should read this and wise up.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 63,00.html

258 posts