RUMOUR - Doyle to Villa

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 11 Jan 2008 20:46

Hey Woodcote, do you reckon we might have another greedy bollox on our hands in Doyle? :P

Doyle is convinced greedy bollox made the right decision.

He added: "Anyone in his position would have done the same thing. I don't know anyone at this club who would have turned that down.

"He hasn't played as many games as he would have liked but he still had the chance to play them. He has only been there six months and is still settling in."

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 11 Jan 2008 20:51

Denver Royal But Doyle is convinced Sidwell made the right decision.

He added: "Anyone in his position would have done the same thing. I don't know anyone at this club who would have turned that down.

"He hasn't played as many games as he would have liked but he still had the chance to play them. He has only been there six months and is still settling in."

Here's hoping we don't have another greedy bollox on our hands in Doyle, huh Woodcote? :P

Hardly. I'd say if he got an offer from a big 4 club (rather if WE got an offer from a big 4 club for him) then he'd be very interested and would almost certainly leave. Aston Villa are NOT one of the big 4, never have been, and likely never will be. I would be surprised if he asked for a transfer if they came to us and we refused. Very surprised. If we gave them permission then I wouldn't be too surprised if he actually joined them, but it's still not a club I'd expect him to move to. If his performances improve back to the level that we know he can perform then I would expect an offer from some big clubs in the summer.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 12 Jan 2008 09:40

Rawlie19
Denver Royal But Doyle is convinced Sidwell made the right decision.

Here's hoping we don't have another greedy bollox on our hands in Doyle, huh Woodcote? :P

Hardly. I'd say if he got an offer from a big 4 club (rather if WE got an offer from a big 4 club for him) then he'd be very interested and would almost certainly leave. Aston Villa are NOT one of the big 4, never have been, and likely never will be. I would be surprised if he asked for a transfer if they came to us and we refused. Very surprised. If we gave them permission then I wouldn't be too surprised if he actually joined them, but it's still not a club I'd expect him to move to. If his performances improve back to the level that we know he can perform then I would expect an offer from some big clubs in the summer.

He wants to futher his career, I would assume this to mean a chance of winning trophies or playing in Europe. Even with Aston Villa, a team with a good heritage and looking on the up since Lerner and more importantly O Neill arrived, they would be a team that offers him a better opportunity to do this. They are in a better position than us, bigger than us and have far more potential with their squad. Same with Everton, Tottenham, West Ham, Newcastle and even Portsmouth to some degree

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Jan 2008 12:47

I would like to confirm that Doyle has already left Reading for Aston Villa

Darren Caskey's Dietician
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Darren Caskey's Dietician » 12 Jan 2008 13:14

Where he intends to score a hat trick.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Jan 2008 13:21

of course! :)

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 12 Jan 2008 23:12

Doyle can only dream of a move the way he is playing at the moment

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Jan 2008 09:13

Chaney Doyle can only dream of a move the way he is playing at the moment

And that is precisely why players will look to move on and make their money when they are playing well - it could be the only chance they get.