RUMOUR - Harper to Middlesborough

944 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - Harper to Middlesborough

by Royal Lady » 30 Jan 2009 11:43

If some of our players are so intent on leaving now, rather than waiting until the Summer, then they can just go imho. "keen to play Prem football" - yeah, Harps, you'd get that if you stayed here most likely - or are him and SHunt saying they don't think we'll go up. It's purely for the money - so why don't they just bloddy well say that. :twisted:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Harper off to Boro, says Echo

by Terminal Boardom » 30 Jan 2009 11:45

If Harps does go then I hope that will send a strong message to shunt on how to behave. IIRC, there has been no noise from Harps regarding moving away. Contrast that with the immature, petulant, childish antics of shunt then I for one know who I will welcome back to Fortress MS with open arms.

If Harps goes then he goes with a resounding thanks from me coupled with a "best of luck for the future"

For shunt? Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Jan 2009 11:46

Royal Lady If some of our players are so intent on leaving now, rather than waiting until the Summer, then they can just go imho. "keen to play Prem football" - yeah, Harps, you'd get that if you stayed here most likely - or are him and SHunt saying they don't think we'll go up. It's purely for the money - so why don't they just bloddy well say that. :twisted:
Sorry - meant to say, put that on the other thread about him on UR&G
Last edited by Royal Lady on 30 Jan 2009 11:46, edited 1 time in total.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Jan 2009 11:46

Next it will be KITSON

Boro close on Harper and Shorey
Middlesbrough are hoping to sign James Harper from Reading and Aston Villa's Nicky Shorey before Monday's transfer deadline.

Reading captain Harper is on his way to Teesside to undergo a medical after talks between the two clubs.

It is believed Boro have agreed a deal with the Berkshire club, something they were unable to do in the summer when they failed to land him in August.

Following on from their failure to land Ben Watson, Boro boss Gareth Southgate has seemingly been given the green light by chairman Steve Gibson to push-ahead with a bid for Harper, who may cost more than double the fee they agreed with Palace for Watson.

It is believed the deal for Harper is in the region of £5million, with Boro keen to pay in instalments and with a proportion appearance and performance based.

It is also understood that Harper could be reunited with former Reading team-mate Shorey.

Shorey only signed for Villa in the summer, but he has fallen out of favour in recent months and has not started a Premier League game since the start of November, ironically against Boro.

Now Shorey is very much on Southgate's radar as he looks to bolster his relegation-threatened squad.

Villa, who are in the market for Newcastle's wantaway left-sided star Charles N'Zogbia, are believed to be ready to let Shorey leave, although they are unlikely to want to make any major loss on him.

That means Boro will need to pay around £3million for Shorey should they push ahead with a bid, although a loan deal with a view to a permanent switch could also be an option.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4873553,00.html

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 30 Jan 2009 11:50

Bothered?

I think player and club might benefit from the change.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 30 Jan 2009 11:51

Royal Lady
Royal Lady If some of our players are so intent on leaving now, rather than waiting until the Summer, then they can just go imho. "keen to play Prem football" - yeah, Harps, you'd get that if you stayed here most likely - or are him and SHunt saying they don't think we'll go up. It's purely for the money - so why don't they just bloddy well say that. :twisted:
Sorry - meant to say, put that on the other thread about him on UR&G

To be fair to Harps, this is just an opportunity that came up because Boro couldn't get Watson. I know they've been after James for a while, but he hasn't been doing the big "Premier League I am" like Hunty has. At the age of 28, he has to give it a go now he's been given the chance.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Jan 2009 11:51

Deathy Bothered?

I think player and club might benefit from the change.

Harper has and always will be a rfc legend, think the club and player have finally realised it is best he moves on

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Harper to Middlesborough

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Jan 2009 11:52

Next it will be KITSON

Boro close on Harper and Shorey
Middlesbrough are hoping to sign James Harper from Reading and Aston Villa's Nicky Shorey before Monday's transfer deadline.

Reading captain Harper is on his way to Teesside to undergo a medical after talks between the two clubs.

It is believed Boro have agreed a deal with the Berkshire club, something they were unable to do in the summer when they failed to land him in August.

Following on from their failure to land Ben Watson, Boro boss Gareth Southgate has seemingly been given the green light by chairman Steve Gibson to push-ahead with a bid for Harper, who may cost more than double the fee they agreed with Palace for Watson.

It is believed the deal for Harper is in the region of £5million, with Boro keen to pay in instalments and with a proportion appearance and performance based.

It is also understood that Harper could be reunited with former Reading team-mate Shorey.

Shorey only signed for Villa in the summer, but he has fallen out of favour in recent months and has not started a Premier League game since the start of November, ironically against Boro.

Now Shorey is very much on Southgate's radar as he looks to bolster his relegation-threatened squad.

Villa, who are in the market for Newcastle's wantaway left-sided star Charles N'Zogbia, are believed to be ready to let Shorey leave, although they are unlikely to want to make any major loss on him.

That means Boro will need to pay around £3million for Shorey should they push ahead with a bid, although a loan deal with a view to a permanent switch could also be an option.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 53,00.html

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Jan 2009 11:52

loyalroyal4life Reading captain Harper is on his way to Teesside to undergo a medical after talks between the two clubs.

Not till after training he isn't

rodnich

by rodnich » 30 Jan 2009 11:54

He wont go.

He's only just had new LED lights fitted to his stairs! His mate Kits has got them and he likes them!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 30 Jan 2009 11:56

I am pretty sure Harps won't go. He is crucial to us here and there's a good chance we will be in the prem next year and Boro won't be.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 30 Jan 2009 11:57

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 30 Jan 2009 11:57

Middlesbrough are hoping to sign James Harper and Nicky Shorey before Monday's transfer deadline, skysports.com understands.

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 30 Jan 2009 11:58

Archie's penalty I am pretty sure Harps won't go. He is crucial to us here and there's a good chance we will be in the prem next year and Boro won't be.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! You're sounding desperate there mate. Don't care about him personally, but I can not see why you love him so much! I'd rather see Hunt stay than Harper.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Jan 2009 11:59

rodnich He wont go.

He's only just had new LED lights fitted to his stairs! His mate Kits has got them and he likes them!

Best inside info ever! :lol:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 30 Jan 2009 12:00

AlexY25 Middlesbrough are hoping to sign James Harper and Nicky Shorey before Monday's transfer deadline, skysports.com understands.

Sky Sports - right don't make me laugh. This thread needs to be merged with the UR&G thread.

And to Barry White RFC - Harps does a crucial job for the team, harrying, organising and playing crucial passes. I don't want to re-hash all the old threads on the subject. Anyway don't want either of them to go!

Elliott

by Elliott » 30 Jan 2009 12:03

I really hope that Harper doesn't leave. Himself and Cisse are the only midfield pairing that have been consistent enough to prove that they could cope when we are in the Premiership next season. If he was sold in the next day or so, that would leave hardly any time for SSC to find a replacement, and I don't think the likes of Marek, Gunnar, Tabb or Karacan could fill his boots quickly enough to help us get promoted, let along survive in the Prem...

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 30 Jan 2009 12:05

Archie's penalty
AlexY25 Middlesbrough are hoping to sign James Harper and Nicky Shorey before Monday's transfer deadline, skysports.com understands.

Sky Sports - right don't make me laugh. This thread needs to be merged with the UR&G thread.

And to Barry White RFC - Harps does a crucial job for the team, harrying, organising and playing crucial passes. I don't want to re-hash all the old threads on the subject. Anyway don't want either of them to go!

The next time Reading are on Sky and we are not going to the game I'll have to watch it with you so you can point out all the stuff that I obviously can't see!

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 30 Jan 2009 12:05

from what i have heard , boro will be making an announcement( regarding both shorey and harps) at 5pm today... but don't bank on it.
:wink:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 30 Jan 2009 12:08

BarryWhiteRFC
Archie's penalty

The next time Reading are on Sky and we are not going to the game I'll have to watch it with you so you can point out all the stuff that I obviously can't see!

It's a date :wink:

944 posts