by YateleyRoyal » 09 Jan 2010 13:58

http://www.skysports.com/football/trans ... 20,00.html

Never said it was a reliable source, now ox*ord off

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - The Return of Seol?

by leon » 10 Jan 2010 00:41

Royalee
YateleyRoyal SSN's transfer page has us linked with a loan move for Seol....no thanks. One of the worst players I ever saw at the Mad Stad. And I watched Andy Hughes play.....

Talented players who win a handful of games a season on their own >>>>>> Players like Hughes with no brains, no ability and no end product who try hard.

Absolutely spot on.

Seol won us a very poor game against Fulham with his through ball to Hunt. The only bit of quality in a very poor game.

The w*nkers behind me used to call Seol "chicken George" because he wouldn't charge in with knee high challenges, whilst w*nking on about how much they knew about football.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2010 01:09

Seol has much much more of a footballing brain than Kebe, but Kebe has more pace and IMO skill. He just can't make good decisions.

Kebe certainly does have the skill to beat players and it isn't down to pace, though obviously that's a big part of his game. He's actually got very good control. He's just so unbelievably stupid and can't head, shoot or (most of the time) cross.

Kebe almost always makes the wrong decision. Takes on a 3rd or 4th defender when he could square it or slip the ball wide for an over lapping full back. Takes it on himself and shoots when a simple ball would give the striker an easy shot. Puts a deep cross in when he needs pull the ball back. Pulls it back when he needs to cross.

Give him a brain and he'd be playing for a decent Prem team.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Jan 2010 01:18

Ian Royal Seol has much much more of a footballing brain than Kebe, but Kebe has more pace and IMO skill. He just can't make good decisions.

Kebe certainly does have the skill to beat players and it isn't down to pace, though obviously that's a big part of his game. He's actually got very good control. He's just so unbelievably stupid and can't head, shoot or (most of the time) cross.

Kebe almost always makes the wrong decision. Takes on a 3rd or 4th defender when he could square it or slip the ball wide for an over lapping full back. Takes it on himself and shoots when a simple ball would give the striker an easy shot. Puts a deep cross in when he needs pull the ball back. Pulls it back when he needs to cross.

Give him a brain and he'd be playing for a decent Prem team.

Disagree - Seol really was technically excellent. Kebe struggles with reacting to situations - he loses the ball too easily. He's a typical fast winger - all pace and no control. However I still think he's got something we need.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2010 01:30

Can't agree with that. I've seen him move the ball around two or three players brilliantly loads of times. Seen plenty of sublime skill from him. Unfortunately he always tries to take it that little bit too far because he's stupid.

You're right, he does have an issue with reacting, but that's because he just always makes the wrong choice, not because he has poor control or skill. He can mis-control plenty, but again, it's because he's thick and is way too casual.

Well, that's my take on him anyway.

I've been saying for most of the last season and a half I'd prefer someone with less talent and more brain / reliability. But I want someone with a bit of drive and determination too. I think Seol is just as lightweight, just in very different ways.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 10 Jan 2010 10:37

Ian Royal Can't agree with that. I've seen him move the ball around two or three players brilliantly loads of times. Seen plenty of sublime skill from him. Unfortunately he always tries to take it that little bit too far because he's stupid.

You're right, he does have an issue with reacting, but that's because he just always makes the wrong choice, not because he has poor control or skill. He can mis-control plenty, but again, it's because he's thick and is way too casual.

Well, that's my take on him anyway.

I've been saying for most of the last season and a half I'd prefer someone with less talent and more brain / reliability. But I want someone with a bit of drive and determination too. I think Seol is just as lightweight, just in very different ways.

I liked Seol when he was here. He gave us something different. He is not what we need though in a relegation battle.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 10 Jan 2010 11:30

Seol > YatelyRoyal

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 10 Jan 2010 11:32

soggy biscuit Seol > YatelyRoyal

Ability to spell> soggy biscuit

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Jan 2010 11:41

PEARCEY
I liked Seol when he was here. He gave us something different. He is not what we need though in a relegation battle.

Agree with this. WE need strong characters and, quite frankly, neither Kebe nor Seol come up to the mark. What we need is someone like Terry Hurlock. Hard as nails but bloody skillful as well.

midfield diamond

by midfield diamond » 10 Jan 2010 12:25

Terminal Boardom
PEARCEY

Agree with this. WE need strong characters and, quite frankly, neither Kebe nor Seol come up to the mark. What we need is someone like Terry Hurlock. Hard as nails but bloody skillful as well.

Spot on. Lets add Kevin Bremner up front.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Jan 2010 13:05

Terminal Boardom Agree with this. WE need strong characters and, quite frankly, neither Kebe nor Seol come up to the mark. What we need is someone like Terry Hurlock. Hard as nails but bloody skillful as well.

There are fewer and fewer of them around today. The way academies have replaced apprenticeships and kids start in them at an early age means that today's footballers are, in general, soft and cosseted.

In the old days the apprentices would clean the senior players' boots, for instance, but that's long gone.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 10 Jan 2010 14:46

Dirk Gently
Terminal Boardom Agree with this. WE need strong characters and, quite frankly, neither Kebe nor Seol come up to the mark. What we need is someone like Terry Hurlock. Hard as nails but bloody skillful as well.

There are fewer and fewer of them around today. The way academies have replaced apprenticeships and kids start in them at an early age means that today's footballers are, in general, soft and cosseted.

In the old days the apprentices would clean the senior players' boots, for instance, but that's long gone.

I was only thinking this a few minutes ago. The days of the hard man have pretty much gone. Sadly, this has introduced a more cynical approach to the game with the proliferation of cheating and diving. The days of Hurlock, Mick Tait and to a lesser extent Phil Parkinson are well behind us. And for me epitomises what is wrong with the game.

Doyler

by Doyler » 10 Jan 2010 16:57

YateleyRoyal

http://www.skysports.com/football/trans ... 20,00.html

Never said it was a reliable source, now ox*ord off
Another keyboard warrior eh :roll: regardless of whether it is reliable or not, at least post a link. You've done that now, cheers.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 15 Jan 2010 10:15

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 44,00.html

Looks like they're willing to let him go....

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Jan 2010 10:59

whod have thought as we watched that that season at reading would be his "best years"

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 15 Jan 2010 12:39

YateleyRoyal http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5861244,00.html

Looks like they're willing to let him go....

Of course they are willing to let him go hes oxf*rd crap

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 15 Jan 2010 21:22

He won't be coming back here, in any case. He's gone to South China FC.

"It had been reported that he had favoured a return to Reading over a move to South China but Hodgson confirmed the 31-year-old's departure this afternoon."

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 17 Jan 2010 19:34

From SSN

South Korea international Seol Ki-Hyeon has signed for the Pohang Steelers following his departure from Fulham.

The 31-year-old winger has opted to return to his homeland and play in the K-League for the first time in his career after rejecting a move to Hong Kong-based outfit South China.

Seol left South Korea in 2000 after graduating from college and had spells with Belgian sides Royal Antwerp and Anderlecht before moving to England to play for Wolves, Reading and Fulham.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Jan 2010 10:38

you should never have left, our seol