Graeme Murty to rejoin as a coach

122 posts
Mr Controversial

Re: Graeme Murty to rejoin as a coach

by Mr Controversial » 23 Feb 2012 12:20

Cobi
Mr Controversial personally, I have nothing against Murty - but its the baggage (or shall I refer to her formally as his wife) that he comes with that p1sses me off.

If he joins RFC as a coach and she can stay out of the limelight then I am all for it.

All she ever did was get involved with a charity.

Hmmm, Mrs Murty LOVED the limelight and being a WAG - granted she did more than was needed for charity and I take my hat off to her for that but for me she became too "involved" and I was sick of hearing about her, quotes from her and generally her just being around the place. If Murty wasnt man enough to be a radio presenter or a footballer without his wife holding his hand in the past, then I Dont belive he is capable of being a football coach without her spoon feeding him either...BBC RB fell in love with her "celebrity" and would regularly have in depth analysis and interviews with her which they didnt do with any one elses wife......?

I dont think we should take Murty on as a coach as it would only be for sentimental reasons and we dont have the resources to be sentimental....

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Feb 2012 13:24

Mr Controversial trying to live up to his name.

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 23 Feb 2012 13:33

sandman Mr Controversial trying to live up to his name.

Nope, not trying to live up to anything - just giving my honest opinion thats all....I cant see how you would think any of my comments made on this thread would be considered anywhere near controversial - or wrong......I dont see many people disagreeing with me?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Feb 2012 14:34

how can anyone disagree with your own personal opinion of some woman.

i would say that i never felt that way, and thought it was nice to get an insight into our captains home life- she seemed ok to me, did alot of work for charity, and if you were that annoyed you could have turned off/over

East End Lady

by East End Lady » 23 Feb 2012 14:49

Well I disagree - they regularly had Marcus's wife Amanda on along with the other halves of Steve Sidwell and Nicky Shorey - it was all to do with raising the profile of the "players wives charity". Karen featured more as she was the captain's wife and also was the driving force along with Amanda. I also believe that BBC Berks have players wives on as they realise that not everybody listening might be a reading or indeed a football fan (heresy I know) and therefore were trying to bring a bit of human interest story into their broadcasting.

They still do this to some extent - I am sure I have heard from various wives and girlfriends during the last few months

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 23 Feb 2012 15:00

Just BBC pandering to celebrity culture again no doubt.....

personally, I am only interested in the players and how they perform on the pitch - I couldnt give a toss who they are married to, who they are sleeping with, what newspaper they read or what time they take a dump.

Next you will be telling me that they will be giving promotional air time to the players pets to appeal more to the "dog owners" who might be listening in - or perhaps they could broadcast live from a players garden as he has some rather unusual specimens growing that might appeal to the horticulturalists amongst us.....

before you know it, someone, somewhere will be dancing on the pitch at the Mad Stad to promote some BBC dance contest...oh wait...... :oops:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 23 Feb 2012 15:11

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 23 Feb 2012 15:27

That Friday Feeling

:lol:

I would have thought Noel had better taste in women.....

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Feb 2012 16:23

Mr Controversial Just BBC pandering to celebrity culture again no doubt.....

personally, I am only interested in the players and how they perform on the pitch - I couldnt give a toss who they are married to, who they are sleeping with, what newspaper they read or what time they take a dump.

Next you will be telling me that they will be giving promotional air time to the players pets to appeal more to the "dog owners" who might be listening in - or perhaps they could broadcast live from a players garden as he has some rather unusual specimens growing that might appeal to the horticulturalists amongst us.....

before you know it, someone, somewhere will be dancing on the pitch at the Mad Stad to promote some BBC dance contest...oh wait...... :oops:

for someomne who isnt interested at all in the other stuff it seems to have generated some very strong feelings- just turn it off!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 23 Feb 2012 17:06

Mr Controversial
Cobi
Mr Controversial personally, I have nothing against Murty - but its the baggage (or shall I refer to her formally as his wife) that he comes with that p1sses me off.

If he joins RFC as a coach and she can stay out of the limelight then I am all for it.

All she ever did was get involved with a charity.

Hmmm, Mrs Murty LOVED the limelight and being a WAG - granted she did more than was needed for charity and I take my hat off to her for that but for me she became too "involved" and I was sick of hearing about her, quotes from her and generally her just being around the place. If Murty wasnt man enough to be a radio presenter or a footballer without his wife holding his hand in the past, then I Dont belive he is capable of being a football coach without her spoon feeding him either...BBC RB fell in love with her "celebrity" and would regularly have in depth analysis and interviews with her which they didnt do with any one elses wife......?

I dont think we should take Murty on as a coach as it would only be for sentimental reasons and we dont have the resources to be sentimental....

Did she snub you or look at you in a funny way and now your bitter? Your reasons to detest this woman as shown in what you write is pretty lame to be fair.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Feb 2012 17:16

Seems like there are quite a few people who disagree with Mr Controversial now.

MM

by MM » 24 Feb 2012 00:32

Sorry I really must stick up for Karen Murty here.

From personal experiences back in the day, she is not an attention seeking WAG - far from it.

She and other partners formed a charity to promote the whole 'community' feel of our club and did this to great effect. It was an extension of the same commitment that Murts showed to the club on the playing side. She was doing her bit off the park to give something back - along with the others. Quite a rare and humble act surely?

Did she court media attention? Not for anything other than promoting charity events. She is just a normal down to earth girl, and was asked to be more public because of these kind of qualities. She was asked by BBCRB to be on the broadcasts and how her involvement did not reflect well on our club I really cannot see.

Personally, I would love Murts to be back as a coach because he will be a great inspiration to any player, young or old, and has a good knowledge of the game which i would imagine he could bring across well. That choice will, rightly, be judged on merit by the club, but to mention Karen as a 'negative' from any such deal is way off the mark IMHO.

I accept that we can all have different opinions but felt strongly enough to put mine forward for once as I feel some of the statements are unfair.

Back under my rock now, cheers.

under the tin

by under the tin » 24 Feb 2012 07:45

Fair comment, MM.
For me, what with his new found television exposure, I think that Murts would be better used in an ambassadorial role.
A bloke who's got a regular slot on the telly is going to open more doors at the HQ's of potential corporate sponsors, advertisers, etc.

Were I at the club, and was considering the appointment of an experienced pro to show professionalism, dedication, and the right attitude to all our players, let alone the youngsters, then I would look no further than Brynjar Gunnarsson.

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 24 Feb 2012 07:53

MM Sorry I really must stick up for Karen Murty here.

From personal experiences back in the day, she is not an attention seeking WAG - far from it.

She and other partners formed a charity to promote the whole 'community' feel of our club and did this to great effect. It was an extension of the same commitment that Murts showed to the club on the playing side. She was doing her bit off the park to give something back - along with the others. Quite a rare and humble act surely?

Did she court media attention? Not for anything other than promoting charity events. She is just a normal down to earth girl, and was asked to be more public because of these kind of qualities. She was asked by BBCRB to be on the broadcasts and how her involvement did not reflect well on our club I really cannot see.

Personally, I would love Murts to be back as a coach because he will be a great inspiration to any player, young or old, and has a good knowledge of the game which i would imagine he could bring across well. That choice will, rightly, be judged on merit by the club, but to mention Karen as a 'negative' from any such deal is way off the mark IMHO.

I accept that we can all have different opinions but felt strongly enough to put mine forward for once as I feel some of the statements are unfair.

Back under my rock now, cheers.

Very well put MM even though I disagree of course.

MM

by MM » 24 Feb 2012 09:39

In response to 'under the tin' that's an interesting idea but not one I would personally prefer. I guess it will depend on what Murts sees his future as: coaching, media or ambassadorial type role? Agree about Brynjar, would also be happy if we offer him a role on the coaching staff any time he wants it. Ideally aswell as Murts and not instead of though.

In response to 'Mr Controversial' your differing views are noted and it's fine, if that's what you really think. Thanks for your mature and considered response in any case, I feel that's the way alternative views should be discussed.

Am out of here so will leave you all to it now. Cheers.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 24 Feb 2012 10:00

Thanks for your mature and considered response in any case, I feel that's the way alternative views should be discussed.

get out, both of you

theres no room for that sort of thing here

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Feb 2012 15:31

One of the best Captain's we've had. I'd love him to come back. He's bright, articulate and was a good player - I would say an underrated one.

It's not just about blood and thunder and kicking people up in the air (naming no RFC legends....) I think he'd make an excellent coach and potentially who knows, a future manager.

As for Mrs Murty - she was hardly going out on mammoth extravagant shopping trips and p*ssing herself in taxis was she?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 27 Feb 2012 10:33

Agreed ^^

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 27 Feb 2012 10:59

leon As for Mrs Murty - she was hardly going out on mammoth extravagant shopping trips and p*ssing herself in taxis was she?

Yeah but she was always trying to raise money for charity and shit.

Fucking bitch :evil:

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 27 Feb 2012 16:04

Simon's Church
leon As for Mrs Murty - she was hardly going out on mammoth extravagant shopping trips and p*ssing herself in taxis was she?

Yeah but she was always trying to raise money for charity and shit.

Fucking bitch :evil:

:lol:

122 posts