Last Chance For Lita?

366 posts
Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 12 Dec 2007 14:48

Woodcote Royal
Yorkshire Royal
woodcote royal Nope, it just makes you politically naive if you think you're poor conduct can be viewed in the same light as that from a highly paid footballer who, by definition ,represents his club as well as himself when in the publuc domain.

I wasn't talking to you... Although to be fair, you do sound a bit ghey to me... politically naive? It's a fukking football team... For crying out loud.. You actually make me want to cry. Joey Barton.. now there's a disgrace.. still gets picked for Newcastle... George Best.. womanising drinker.. now dead... Still got picked for utd.. Christiano ronaldo shagged some whores... double page spread in NOTW.. still gets picked for UTD. It's irrelevant.. It's a business. Lita is in the business of scoring goals. Clearly not very good at it this year, so is not being picked. If he gets sold, then it is because of this. Not because of his being punched, being arrested of filming shagging a bird. He is not an "ambassador" for the club... nor Reading... Fukk me, if I was a player, I would hate to join Reading with a bunch of queers like you supporting them...

More politically naive garbage from someone who needs to grow up before taking part in grown up debates.

Says the little keyboard warrior who wrote this on another thread........

This thread stands as evidence of what a sily little imitature man you are.

Whatever my opinions on Sidwell's departure, there's nothing irrefutable about the evidence so far on either side but, if it helps to deflects from from what a grade A prat you have made of yourself over yet another ill informed opinion, as ever, you will peddle it for all its worth.

The Tories don't need enemies when they've got friends like Shards the middle class twat.

Woodcote Royal = nasty piece of work

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Dec 2007 14:50

Yorkshire Royal
woodcote royal Nope, it just makes you politically naive if you think you're poor conduct can be viewed in the same light as that from a highly paid footballer who, by definition ,represents his club as well as himself when in the publuc domain.

I wasn't talking to you... Although to be fair, you do sound a bit ghey to me... politically naive? It's a fukking football team... For crying out loud.. You actually make me want to cry. Joey Barton.. now there's a disgrace.. still gets picked for Newcastle... George Best.. womanising drinker.. now dead... Still got picked for utd.. Christiano ronaldo shagged some whores... double page spread in NOTW.. still gets picked for UTD. It's irrelevant.. It's a business. Lita is in the business of scoring goals. Clearly not very good at it this year, so is not being picked. If he gets sold, then it is because of this. Not because of his being punched, being arrested of filming shagging a bird. He is not an "ambassador" for the club... nor Reading... Fukk me, if I was a player, I would hate to join Reading with a bunch of queers like you supporting them...

Strangely Yorkshire, in such an eloquent way, you have basically highlighted what is wrong with the world.

Money is more important than anything.

The source of all our woes..................... :cry:

Derbyshire Royal

by Derbyshire Royal » 12 Dec 2007 14:50

Schards#2
Woodcote Royal = nasty piece of work

Thats not a very good anagram! The letters dont even match!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Dec 2007 14:52

Gordons Cumming
Yorkshire Royal

Strangely Yorkshire, in such an eloquent way, you have basically highlighted what is wrong with the world.

Money is more important than anything.

The source of all our woes..................... :cry:

By that criteria Lita should be on his way asap....

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Dec 2007 14:53

Bye Bye Lita :wink:

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 12 Dec 2007 15:26

This message board really is a strange one at times where casual discussions about the players,the manager or the club turn into ludicrous slanging matches between grown men and young boys.

FWIW my opinion is that Lita will be history after we play Pompey in 3 weeks' time so men and boys please save yourself from all of this angst and chill out ........until of course some other average player with ideas above his station starts to feature towards the front of the tabloids rather than the back.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Dec 2007 15:50

I don't think the issue is necessarily with the incidents themselves, as they are pretty petty incidents afterall. I do think they give an indication to his attitude and personality though and I think that might be a contributory factor in Coppell getting rid in January.

I do think the debate would still be going on if he was in the team and banging in the goals. I'm sure he was during the time of his previous indiscretions and there was 'uproar' about them then. If he was first choice and scoring loads it would probably make Coppell a lot less likely to listen to offers though.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Dec 2007 15:53

""He was clearly in breach of club rules. Enough is enough, whilst I am in charge I will not have players besmirching the club's reputation."

"The player has stepped out of line and I want us to be seen to do something about it. This club is bigger than any player.

"When people write about my players on the back pages I want it to be for what they're doing right on the pitch and not for anything else.

"We will not put up with shenanigans from any players."

Lita has a very long way to go indeed before he gets anywhere near John Oster's previous.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 12 Dec 2007 15:54

Platypuss ""He was clearly in breach of club rules. Enough is enough, whilst I am in charge I will not have players besmirching the club's reputation."

"The player has stepped out of line and I want us to be seen to do something about it. "This club is bigger than any player.

"When people write about my players on the back pages I want it to be for what they're doing right on the pitch and not for anything else.

"We will not put up with shenanigans from any players."

Lita has a very long way to go indeed before he gets anywhere near John Oster's previous.

That's true, but since then John Oster seems to have turned over a new leaf. Leroy seems to have incidents of one type or another over and over again.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Dec 2007 15:56

Oster is also rather older than Lita - the episode I referred to was still only 3 years ago when he was 26 and at Leeds.

Oster was a twat over and over again to a far greater extent than Lita ever has.
Last edited by Platypuss on 12 Dec 2007 15:58, edited 2 times in total.

Scylla

by Scylla » 12 Dec 2007 15:56

BR2 This message board really is a strange one at times where casual discussions about the players,the manager or the club turn into ludicrous slanging matches between grown men and young boys.

On Hob Nob you don't win are argument through reasoned discussion you do so by destroying the opponent's will to live through scathing personal attacks.

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 12 Dec 2007 15:59

Lita should be sold simply because he's not good enough to start games when Doyle and Kitson are fit and he's not the sort of player that makes a decent squad player.

Someone will pay £3m for Lita and that money could be used to bring in a good back up striker and also add quality to the midfield.

From a football and business viewpoint it makes sense to sell him before his value plummets.

This is without even taking into account his moronic behaviour off the pitch. Lita should be filed under WASTER with the likes of Barton, Richardson, Dyer, Bramble and the rest of their ilk.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 12 Dec 2007 16:06

Katie Marsden Lita should be sold simply because he's not good enough to start games when Doyle and Kitson are fit and he's not the sort of player that makes a decent squad player.

Someone will pay £3m for Lita and that money could be used to bring in a good back up striker and also add quality to the midfield.

From a football and business viewpoint it makes sense to sell him before his value plummets.

This is without even taking into account his moronic behaviour off the pitch. Lita should be filed under WASTER with the likes of Barton, Richardson, Dyer, Bramble and the rest of their ilk.

If we only get £3M I would be very disappointed - he must be worth at least £5M after scoring 7 PL goals last year and doing well in Under 21's.

If we get £5M plus I will be happy if he goes as the constant bad headlines suggest he is not a good influence on our other young players.

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 12 Dec 2007 16:08

If someone offered £5m for a third choice striker it would be a no brainer.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Dec 2007 16:11

Platypuss Oster is also rather older than Lita - the episode I referred to was still only 3 years ago when he was 26 and at Leeds.

Oster was a twat over and over again to a far greater extent than Lita ever has.

..................and is Oster still at the same club when the offence occured?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Dec 2007 16:18

Woodcote Royal
brendywendy
Woodcote Royal
Vision To be honest i can't believe all of this is being discussed all over again on the basis of what is frankly a non-incident.

Perhaps it's because this represents one of many "non-incidents" regarding the same player that reflects badly on both his club and fellow squad members, the vast majority of whom have shown nothing but exemplary professional conduct off the pitch.

Whilst the likes of Convey and Kitson get national coverage for visiting sick kids in hospital (and on a regular basis, too, not just one offs) Lita drags the good name of this club through the dirt time and again.

As others have said, everyone can overlook the odd incident from a young player caught in the limelight but it's now gone far beyond that in Lita's case.

I'm firmly in the camp with WCH and others who would still find his persistantly poor conduct totally unacceptable even if he was hitting the back of the net for fun..............................and the fact that he isn't should make his departure a no-brainer for a long suffering manager.

conversely
i am a pretty well educated, well rounded person, in a decent job, with a nice girlfriend, and a lead a generally good life.
in my 20's i was hit by someone else on a night out, more than once, having done nothing to provoke it.
have been thrown out of a pub/nightclub/train station for being a little worse for wear.
and have blabbed my mouth off to friends about sexual conquests

does this make me the social/proffessional pariah that you would make of leroy?
has it had any effect on my career, or my day to day working, or attitude?

nope

Nope, it just makes you politically naive if you seriously believe that you're poor conduct can be viewed in the same light as that from a highly paid footballer who, by definition, represents his club as well as himself when in the public domain.

you forgot his country too

& stick your politically naives up your arse

it matters not one jot to me,or i believe the majority of reading fans
in fact it would result in less than a raised eyebrow from most
im just wondering why it matters so much to you
was it your missus in the phonegate scandal?

if coppell thinks its effecting him training, or his form, fair enough, he will sell
im sure coppell isnt influenced by a couple of people on here thinking its a disgrace
Last edited by brendywendy on 12 Dec 2007 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Dec 2007 16:20

Woodcote Royal
Yorkshire Royal

More politically naive garbage from someone who needs to grow up before taking part in grown up debates.

yeah, becuase you just made a fantastically pertinent point which really added to the debate in a mature fashion didnt you :roll: :roll: :roll:

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 12 Dec 2007 16:32

Uke
brendywendy
Stranded
Upper West?!? So why did Lita made the bench in a televised match against Liverpool?

Shop window?

If he's going to go, let's get as much money as possible. He'll start in the FA Cup in January, and a hat trick would be useful to help drive up his value.

So that we could have 2 strikers on the bench in case we needed to change the top line.

I found it quite interesting that Lita made it back to the bench but not at the expense of Long.

though i found it even more interesting that he made it onto the pitch ahead of the longster.

and some unfounded rumour about burning £50's is just more of th esame
i want pictures

Shop window for Lita definitely!

Everyone knows Lita's alawys been a big fan of the The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu and only burns cash in a post-modern ironic way as an artistic statement against the materialism in society.

Perhaps the club should consider a sabbatical/retreat for Mr lita to reflect on his priorities.I suggest a month or two on the Island of Jura as an icecream sales person would assist in this regard.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 12 Dec 2007 16:40

FWIW I think Katie Marsden sums it up nicely.

His attitude doesn't appear to be right for someone whose likely role in a fully-fit squad is 3rd choice striker, or first off the bench. He'll be wanting to get as many starts as possible and when he does, he needs to make the most of them to create doubt in the manager's mind. I'm not sure he's done that enough.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2007 17:57

Wax Jacket FWIW I think Katie Marsden sums it up nicely.

His attitude doesn't appear to be right for someone whose likely role in a fully-fit squad is 3rd choice striker, or first off the bench. He'll be wanting to get as many starts as possible and when he does, he needs to make the most of them to create doubt in the manager's mind. I'm not sure he's done that enough.

Agree.

Oh and Brendy, there are a lot more than just a couple of people fed up with his behaviour.

366 posts