162 posts
Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Dec 2007 21:13

Where's your caravan?

Cookie

by Cookie » 22 Dec 2007 21:34

This is from tomorrow's Guardian, about the Sunderland match.
Man of the match
Stephen Hunt
The most creative player on the pitch and it is easy to see why he is so coveted by a number of Reading's Premier League rivals.
He always looked the most likely match-winner for the home side so it was no surprise he scored the decisive goal, controversial though it was.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 22 Dec 2007 23:29

It may be that he doesn't like dawgs.

http://forum.football365.com/index.php? ... 1&start=0&

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 22 Dec 2007 23:32

Baines

It may be that he doesn't like dawgs.

http://forum.football365.com/index.php? ... 1&start=0&

Row Z Royal
Rev Algenon Stickleback H Hunt looked pretty stylish in his post-match interview

Pikey chic

Great minds, eh?

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 22 Dec 2007 23:35

Stealing's easier than thinking

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 22 Dec 2007 23:47

Baines Stealing's easier than thinking

Pikey.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Dec 2007 00:03

Great to see Long and Hunt combine for the winning goal and (presumably) hush up their many severe critics for a while.

We have another 4 letter player who's surely due to do the same one day soon; it's a long time coming though....

Long's run and cleverly weighted / dinked cross for the goal was absolute class. Wasn't it chaps?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Dec 2007 00:08

Royal Rother Great to see Long and Hunt combine for the winning goal and (presumably) hush up their many severe critics for a while.

We have another 4 letter player who's surely due to do the same one day soon; it's a long time coming though....

Long's run and cleverly weighted / dinked cross for the goal was absolute class. Wasn't it chaps?

Stop it

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Dec 2007 00:52

Royal Rother Great to see Long and Hunt combine for the winning goal and (presumably) hush up their many severe critics for a while.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Want officially bored?

Officially bored of Reading's 'can do no wrong' number 5 making clumsy tackles and giving the opposition teams penalties.

Long's bit of play was tremendous when he came on and Hunt today was excellent. The other 4 letter player you descibe has already made those contributions in the past and on numerous occasions. He will do so again given the opportunity.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Dec 2007 00:57

Alan Partridge

Want officially bored?

Officially bored of Reading's 'can do no wrong' number 5 making clumsy tackles and giving the opposition teams penalties.

Long's bit of play was tremendous when he came on and Hunt today was excellent. The other 4 letter player you descibe has already made those contributions in the past and on numerous occasions. He will do so again given the opportunity.

thank god there's always something to whinge about

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 23 Dec 2007 01:02

Back to Hunt

I'm not his biggest fan, never have been really BUT he is absolutely critical to this team. His story is amazing (from not good enough at Brentford, almost going to Bradford - Reading squad player - first teamer - International player - £5million player?)

An incredible rise in 3 years.

He has a fantastic attitude and it's infectious on the other players and fans alike. I'd argue that Convey's end product is more consistant but Hunt's versatility and never say die attitude is something you can't buy. He's playing out of position to benefit Convey and Hunt's performance hasn't dropped, if anything its got better. He does look awkward when running with it but he often beats his man, and at times can produce moments of sheer brilliance. His shot onto the post today was class, if that had gone in would have deserved to win any game. If he just could have that final ball and have it more consistently then he really would be a top class player. He frustrates me at times when i watch him, it rankles me that he can do something so good then instantly follow it up with something so crap, i suppose that's why he is at Reading!! His recent performances fully warrant the praise he's recieved.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Dec 2007 10:01

Alan Partridge

Want officially bored?

Well, I for one think it would be great to see Mate get a chance after his nightmare year.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 23 Dec 2007 10:06

Fair play to Long for his bit of magic but quite what Lita is supposed to do when he's not on the pitch is a mystery to me.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Dec 2007 10:09

Alan Partridge Back to Hunt

I'm not his biggest fan, never have been really BUT he is absolutely critical to this team. His story is amazing (from not good enough at Brentford, almost going to Bradford - Reading squad player - first teamer - International player - £5million player?)

An incredible rise in 3 years.

He has a fantastic attitude and it's infectious on the other players and fans alike. I'd argue that Convey's end product is more consistant but Hunt's versatility and never say die attitude is something you can't buy. He's playing out of position to benefit Convey and Hunt's performance hasn't dropped, if anything its got better. He does look awkward when running with it but he often beats his man, and at times can produce moments of sheer brilliance. His shot onto the post today was class, if that had gone in would have deserved to win any game. If he just could have that final ball and have it more consistently then he really would be a top class player. He frustrates me at times when i watch him, it rankles me that he can do something so good then instantly follow it up with something so crap, i suppose that's why he is at Reading!! His recent performances fully warrant the praise he's recieved.

How generous of you.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Dec 2007 10:12

Maybe Platypuss will come out now and praise Hunt and Long for their match-turning contributions as well. :shock:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 23 Dec 2007 11:12

Royal Rother Maybe Platypuss will come out now and praise Hunt and Long for their match-turning contributions as well. :shock:

Some posters call the game how they see it with no hidden agendas.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Dec 2007 13:07

Alan Partridge
Royal Rother Maybe Platypuss will come out now and praise Hunt and Long for their match-turning contributions as well. :shock:

Oh yes, I'm sure they do - it's just good to see people who have previously had bugger all good to say about either player giving somewhat reluctant praise. I'm sure there's more to come.

Let's hope all our less popular players get the opportunity to receive fulsome praise from their doubters in the future as well eh?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 23 Dec 2007 13:30

Royal Rother
Alan Partridge

Oh yes, I'm sure they do - it's just good to see people who have previously had bugger all good to say about either player giving somewhat reluctant praise. I'm sure there's more to come.

Let's hope all our less popular players get the opportunity to receive fulsome praise from their doubters in the future as well eh?

Absolutely, no one would support that last paragraph more than I, providing the correct players get the praise.

Hunt is playing well, he's not my favourite player but he's playing great at the moment. If he plays well I'll say so, if he plays bad i'll say so. I don't dislike the man at all, in fact i admire him in many ways. I think there is a stupid side to his game where he gets unnecesarily involved in things but other than that he's had a wonderful 2007.

Long is effective as a sub, whenever he's started a game (as highlighted by the run of games at the start of the season) he has looked as threatening as the Oxford Utd strikeforce. I don't recall him once even troubling the opposition goalkeeper in that spell. However there is absolutely no doubt tht as a sub with the opposition's legs tiring he is perfect. Comes on, pace, direct running and as shown by yesterday he does have quality too. It's performances like yesterday you think 'we should have him on from the start' but he NEVER recreates it from minute 1.

I'm a fan of Duberry, think he's arguably the best out and out defender in the club. He reads the game very well and is absolutely immense in the air. He gets a raw deal off fans, more so because towards the end of his Leeds career he wasn't that highly thought of, people had made their minds up on the day of his signing that he was rubbish despite the fact he has come in and done a very good job whenever called upon. Highlighted more so in my opinion by Sonko's form over the last few games. There is no doubt in my mind Duberry wouldn't have lunged in aimlessly yesterday to gift Sunderland an equaliser. The same people that i remember jeering Duberry clearing the ball v Derby were the same laughing about it when Sonko sliced one out for a corner. The double standards REALLY grate me.

De La cruz syndrome over again!! Another player that has hardly had a bad game for Reading in either full back position, but is 'Useless' because he wasn't good for Villa.

I too hope you put your bizarre issues with a certain member of our squad aside if and when he gets the chance again to show what he can do.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Dec 2007 13:55

Agree with virtually every word AP, and yes, last season when our 4 lettered friend was firing on all cylinders he was top of my list for praise.

The evidence is available on Page 77, 92, 93, 96, 98 of the old Team threads... :wink:

I enjoy my little banter and although people might take it a little too seriously at times, nothing would give me more pleasure than him coming out and scoring a couple of hat-tricks over Christmas!!

Half Man Half Biscuit

by Half Man Half Biscuit » 23 Dec 2007 14:27

Stephen Hunt-Hunt-Hunt!

Bloody great player and getting better with evry game.

162 posts